PDA

View Full Version : DM prize: Black Ora Mask

Rolis
12-31-2013, 01:01 PM
You open an enruned witchwood box.

In the witchwood box you see a faceless black ora mask.

Anyone have any ideas on the value?

Buckwheet
12-31-2013, 01:35 PM
Most black ora started at 50m and went north. Since this is a mask did you get any additional details on if it is a concealer? Since you can't remove them I would be concerned with what people see after you wear it. Was this a fully unlocked one as well? I know all the old released pieces were promoted to the higher level.

Aramyr
12-31-2013, 01:48 PM
Hmm..don't know if it'd go that high, honestly. Last piece I had seen on the boards was a MB of 20m and it wasn't snatched up. All the greater stuff released is fully unlocked now afaik, yeah, Buck. Got a couple pieces from EG and they are. Mask will *probably* be a harder sale than jewelry because..fewer folks are likely to want to toss on a mask vs a ring/necklace/whatever, since it's never coming off. I don't see any problem with trying to get what Buck says..just in my experience, I *doubt* it'll pull 50.

Rolis
12-31-2013, 01:52 PM
Since this is a mask did you get any additional details on if it is a concealer? Since you can't remove them I would be concerned with what people see after you wear it.

I do not know if it is a concealer.

Neovik1
12-31-2013, 01:53 PM
so this mask is a permanent mask you can't remove? that's insane.

Buckwheet
12-31-2013, 01:55 PM
Hmm..don't know if it'd go that high, honestly. Last piece I had seen on the boards was a MB of 20m and it wasn't snatched up. All the greater stuff released is fully unlocked now afaik, yeah, Buck. Got a couple pieces from EG and they are. Mask will *probably* be a harder sale than jewelry because..fewer folks are likely to want to toss on a mask vs a ring/necklace/whatever, since it's never coming off. I don't see any problem with trying to get what Buck says..just in my experience, I *doubt* it'll pull 50.

It depends when it was sold and the coin price at the time. It also depends on the slot it takes up. Enhancives have proven to be more and more popular so if it was a wrist or neck piece I can understand why it wouldn't sell. I personally have done a lot of feature alterations so putting on a mask is not something I would want to do. But if it does something to what you look like, there are a lot of people who pay for that concealer stuff and having it sort of be like those moving tattoos could be neat. If its just a pin that is a mask, not so cool.

Velfi
12-31-2013, 02:03 PM
That could be kinda neat for an Utuk'ku-like character.

Aramyr
12-31-2013, 02:15 PM
Oh, certainly enhancives have changed things some, though they are putting bonuses on more things than ever now, and there are pins for those inclined to drop even more money..or PP enhancives if you've got that stacked. Hard to find out if it's a concealer, since taking it out of the box will automatically attune it to whomever does. I'd try and get the scoop from a GM. Thing with folks buying concealers is they can be taken off. This is a major commitment for the face! Pretty sure it'd take the non-functional head slot, unless it ends up counted as a pin for whatever reason.

Rolis
12-31-2013, 02:26 PM
Clarification on the item:

It's a greater black ora jewelry piece. It's worn on the head. And no black ora is a concealer.

Buckwheet
12-31-2013, 02:30 PM
I think that significantly reduces the value. If you can't wear a helm or other piece like an enhancive since you can't take it off. Maybe 20m start is right then. Kind of a shame.

Aramyr
12-31-2013, 02:31 PM
Yeah, doubt that takes the real helmet slot. My coronet's in the non-functional head slot. All it'll do is keep someone from tossing on some other head fluff if they have a helmet on. It's certainly a cool item!

Narthsin
12-31-2013, 02:45 PM
Rapture Cloak + Black Ora Mask = ?

Rolis
12-31-2013, 02:45 PM
Yea, the black ora is nonfunctional - so it shouldnt take a headspot for a helm or effect your armor hinderence

waywardgs
12-31-2013, 02:48 PM

Darth Vader. Duh.

Buckwheet
12-31-2013, 02:50 PM
Yea, the black ora is nonfunctional - so it shouldnt take a headspot for a helm or effect your armor hinderence

I was more meaning like a crown or tiara that is an enhancive or some of the nicely altered helms/hats that are also non-functional.

rolfard
12-31-2013, 03:03 PM
All true black ora was updated as non-functional as they are non-removeable.

Aramyr
12-31-2013, 03:28 PM
Right. If you have a helm and another headworn item you can wear with it, shouldn't be able to wear the mask as well, as I understand it from talking with Wyrom when he was making my custom piece that I wanted as a crown.

Gelston
12-31-2013, 03:29 PM
Buy Revan from whoever has him now and put that mask on him.

crb
12-31-2013, 07:47 PM
how bad is the spirit return inhibition on these now?

SHAFT
01-04-2014, 12:45 PM

Done.