PDA

View Full Version : Personal Political Poll

Back
09-11-2004, 11:58 PM
Chelle’s post made me think for a moment this afternoon... if you were going to really get involved with the country you live in, you would ultimately get into politics.

In America, we have the judicial, legeslative and executive branches. Which would you get into and why?

For myself... I like annonymity, so I wouldn’t go for President. I could see myself in the cabinet though, or in an advisory capacity.

My second choice would be Senate or House. For me, I like to be involved with people on a social level. It would be very interesting to go to work evey day with all those colleagues.

My last choice would be judicial. While I consider myself an extremly fair person, I just couldn’t sit in a court all day. Though the robes are cool.

I’d actually like to conduct one of those quizes where you answer questions and get a result based on your answers. It wouldn’t be hard to code but I have no real psychoanalytical or political experience. So it wouldn’t be in any way official.

SpunGirl
09-12-2004, 12:01 AM
I voted for judicial. The only reason I did is because we did mock senate and mock supreme court in my govn't classes in college, and I enjoyed writing opinions, listening to arguments and voting on them more than anything else.

That doesn't exactly equate to political experience, but it's all I've got to draw on at this point:)

-K

Back
09-12-2004, 12:02 AM
Cool points, Spun. I actually voted incorrectly in my very own poll. LOL. Guess I wasn’t cut out for politics. I meant to vote executive as in an advisory capacity. Like Kissinger.

Nakiro
09-12-2004, 12:03 AM
Legislative for sure.

I'd be a senator.

Latrinsorm
09-12-2004, 12:18 AM
Legislative by process of elimination.

I don't have anywhere near the mental stamina to hold the Presidency, and I wouldn't enjoy any Secretary positions.

I wouldn't be able to stand the conflict between legality and morality, so no Judiciary.

Back
09-12-2004, 12:28 AM
The lesser of three evils, Latrin? :grin:

These answers don’t suprise me so far. It would be interesting to hear what the person who voted for executive had to say though.

09-12-2004, 12:47 AM
Executive for me. I'm power hungry.

- Arkans

HarmNone
09-12-2004, 12:59 AM
Judicial, I think. I have no interest in holding public office, nor in the acclaim (and badgering) that goes along with it. The Judicial branch of government is set apart from most of that. I also enjoy pondering the balance between morality and legality. I loved Ethics in college.

09-12-2004, 03:12 AM
BTW: I'd most likely be an extremely corrupt politician. Never vote for me, I'd pad the pockets quite nicely.

- Arkans

Warriorbird
09-12-2004, 03:13 AM
Legislative. In the blood, despite the vast variance in it.