PDA

View Full Version : Facts about John Kerry (Political)

Back
09-09-2004, 08:20 AM
A place to discuss why John Kerry and John Edwards are the better candidates in this election.

Any claims without cited sources will make you look like an ass, and you are of course welcome and have a right to look like an ass if you so choose. I will probably do so myself. Lord knows I do it enough.

Kerry is the cadidate I choose because he, like many, sees the terrible mistake made in going to war with Iraq with false intelligence and without the support of the UN.

Kerry wants to reduce, not eliminate, the tax cuts on the upper 2% while increasing the tax cuts for everyone else.

He says he can cut the deficit in half in four years and I believe it. Clinton did it, so it can be done. It is unfortunate that he has to clean up this administrations mismanagement of our country‘s budget... imagine what we could have done with a surplus. Of course, after he does, the Republicans will say it’s due to some obscure abstract economic theory as a result of something Bush did. :yawn: You guys don’t fool anyone but yourselves with that bullshit.

He wants to keep the Patriot Act, but reduce some of the parts that interfere with basic civil rights.

And this list goes on.

Source (http://www.issues2000.org/John_Kerry.htm) and about (http://www.issues2000.org/about.htm) who they are.

Betheny
09-09-2004, 08:28 AM
This is totally random and probably not on this topic, but I wish there was someone who was impartial enough to create a thread and post the actual concrete facts about both candidates. I'd find it very interesting.

Ilvane
09-09-2004, 08:30 AM
I think his post does have concrete facts. Might want to look at the source too, it's pretty damned impartial.

-A

Betheny
09-09-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Ilvane
I think his post does have concrete facts. Might want to look at the source too, it's pretty damned impartial.

-A

I'm referring more to the fact that no one ever really has any concrete Bush facts, comparatively. I generally accept what Backlash posts as fairly impartial truth. GENERALLY... heh.

Wezas
09-09-2004, 09:33 AM
I don't trust what anyone says until I look at the source.

These days the only people I trust are factcheck.org

Parkbandit
09-09-2004, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Maimara
I'm referring more to the fact that no one ever really has any concrete Bush facts, comparatively. I generally accept what Backlash posts as fairly impartial truth. GENERALLY... heh.

I would take Backlash's impartiality right after I take my own. Neither one of us would be considered impartial when it comes to politics.

Back
09-09-2004, 10:10 AM
My opinion is not impartial. The information I post, to best of my knowledge, is as close as I can find to impartial. You make the call.

Do not try to invalidate the thread just because I am the author.

Oh, and you won’t find me making outrageous claims that I can not support without a source... much. :)

[edited to add the last bit]

[Edited on 9-9-2004 by Backlash]

Ilvane
09-09-2004, 10:18 AM
Here's the Bush info.:)

http://www.issues2000.org/George_W__Bush.htm

-A

Wezas
09-09-2004, 11:27 AM
A post I put on another board I frequent after some dumbass was trying to convince the conservatives to boycott Heinz catsup:

Mrs. Kerry sold all but < 4% of her stock in Heinz back in 1995. She does not "own/control" Heinz catsup. She has about as much say as I do in my company that I have a few thousand shares in.

It is also fact that the CEO of Heinz supports the republican party and has donated to their cause.