PDA

View Full Version : Critters cast defensive spells again

Drew
09-08-2004, 11:53 PM
Dateline 9/4/2004: WE HAD JOY WE HAD FUN, NOW WE GETS TO CAST SPELLS AGUN!

In a joint announcement today, the Animal Fauna League - Critters International Organization (AFL-CIO) and Simutronics stated that a mutual and satisfactory agreement had been reached on allowing the AFL-CIO members to cast defensive and helping spells once again. In return, those being allowed to use the spells will see reductions in their attack and defense base values. The ability to cast spells will make up some if not all of that reduction so that the critters have approximately the same end attack and defense values as before. In some cases this will not be wholly true as new values were calculated for some of the critters, which will affect their base values.

The defenses against non-direct attack spells will have major changes as well. Dependent upon the AFL-CIO member's spell list there will be cases where the defense against spirit sphere spells will be greater than against elemental sphere and vice versa. Currently the AFL-CIO member's defenses are basically three times the critter's level with an adjustment dependent upon if they are semis or pures. This adjustment has been modified now to account for the spells but it won't be a one for one change so differences will be seen from previous values.

A spokesman for the AFL-CIO, Mr. I.R. Warlock stated this after the announcement, "It's about dang time! You have no idea how embarrassing it was to be a caster and not be able to prepare any sort of defensive spells."

END NEWS ITEM

This message was originally posted in Hunting and Game Design Discussions, Critters and Creatures. To discuss the above follow the link below.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=4&topic=5&message= 2299

-----

Anyone notice any big changes?

09-08-2004, 11:56 PM
This change mainly helps casters, expecially sorcerers. Monsters more or less remained unchanged in their initial DS, but it can now be lowered due the fact that it's all spell DS.

- Arkans

09-08-2004, 11:58 PM
Wrong topic, I'm an idiot.

[Edited on 9-9-2004 by Arkans]

Syberus
09-09-2004, 12:30 AM
I'm glad they got their spells back

You gesture at an Ithzir initiate.
The powerful look leaves an Ithzir initiate.
The elemental aura around an Ithzir initiate fluxes chaotically!
... 70 points of damage!
Horrifying bolt of electricity crystalizes abdominal area. Spiffy but unfortunately also quite deadly.
The Ithzir initiate falls to the ground in a crumpled heap.
The very powerful look leaves an Ithzir initiate.
The white light leaves an Ithzir initiate.
The opalescent aura fades from around an Ithzir initiate.
The deep blue glow leaves an Ithzir initiate.
The brilliant aura fades away from an Ithzir initiate.
An Ithzir initiate seems slightly different.
The dim aura fades from around an Ithzir initiate.
The light blue glow leaves an Ithzir initiate.
An Ithzir initiate appears less confident.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

It's also very fun to watch the screen roll when you kill them.

Drew
09-09-2004, 12:48 AM
Some things that didn't need to be made any tougher were made tougher.

Spectral Woodsmen on the farm on the farm in Icemule now cast haste.

fallenSaint
09-09-2004, 07:52 AM
Well now dispell is a spell not to be scoffed at eh?

StrayRogue
09-09-2004, 08:23 AM
I'd rather the critters waste an action prepping an casting a defensive spell than blowing me out of their socks with an offensive one.

HarmNone
09-09-2004, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
I'd rather the critters waste an action prepping an casting a defensive spell than blowing me out of their socks with an offensive one.

Umm, they'd probably be a lot less testy if you'd stay out of their socks! Hee! :lol:

HarmNone, duckin' and runnin' yet again

Czeska
09-09-2004, 08:28 AM
:glances at HarmNone:

ANYWAY!! :lolwave:

StrayRogue
09-09-2004, 08:29 AM
.....FUCK. Too late to edit too.