PDA

View Full Version : LNET Chat

ScrapperK
11-19-2013, 03:54 PM
My lnet stopped working yesterday. At login I get the following message...

To attempt to log in with a different password, type: ;lnet password=<password>

--- Lich: updater has exited.
--- Lich: lnet has exited.

So I added a new password, and got this...

--- Lich: lnet active.
[lnet: Password saved locally.]
H>

--- Lich: lnet has exited

ScrapperK
11-19-2013, 04:00 PM
This also...

H>;lnet allow
H>
[lnet: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.]
C:/Program Files/Ruby-1.8.6/lib/ruby/1.8/openssl/buffering.rb:35:in `sysread'
C:/Program Files/Ruby-1.8.6/lib/ruby/1.8/openssl/buffering.rb:35:in `fill_rbuff'
[lnet: connection lost]
[lnet: waiting 299 seconds before trying to reconnect...]

GS4-Seomanthe
11-19-2013, 04:28 PM
I've had the same issue for several weeks. I just haven't gotten around to trying to figure out why...

Tillmen
11-19-2013, 04:49 PM
You gave it the wrong password.

GS4-Seomanthe
11-19-2013, 05:47 PM
I know I set a password up at some point but I've never been prompted to enter it. Is it stored somewhere I can check it?

Tillmen
11-19-2013, 06:01 PM
Yes, but if it was still stored there, you wouldn't need to enter it.

Methais
11-19-2013, 06:03 PM
TILLMEN IS ABOUT TO STEAL YOUR BIKE

ScrapperK
11-19-2013, 06:15 PM
I presumed that was a problem, which is why I changed the password. I believe the underlying issue is why it forgot my password after years of getting it correct. How do I fix it?

GS4-Seomanthe
11-19-2013, 06:15 PM
Tillmen is a man of taste and character and would not want my bike.

So here is the next question - how did lich come to forget my password when it was previously stored? =)

Tillmen
11-19-2013, 07:58 PM
There are a lot of things that could cause it. It could be that Ruby didn't close completely and kept a settings file open which caused the next instance to fail to read the file. Or it could be a random filesystem error. Or downgrading Ruby could cause it to fail to load the settings because of the way it saves settings. Or moving lich.rbw to a new location without also moving the data directory. Or multi-accounting and having one instance attempt to read the settings file after another instance has started writing to it but hasn't finished.

I'm currently trying to update Lich to use sqlite3, which in theory would keep this from happening, but also seems like it's going to cause more problems.

ScrapperK
11-20-2013, 05:00 PM
Yea, this thing is all fubared now. I uninstalled, and downloaded new versions of the Ruby and .zip file. When it opens the game it is searching for infomon, lnet, and updater in a temp folder. The temp folder changes numbers each time I start up the program, so adding the missing files over there doesn't really help.

Suggestions?

Tillmen
11-20-2013, 05:04 PM
Yea, this thing is all fubared now. I uninstalled, and downloaded new versions of the Ruby and .zip file. When it opens the game it is searching for infomon, lnet, and updater in a temp folder. The temp folder changes numbers each time I start up the program, so adding the missing files over there doesn't really help.

Suggestions?

You need to extract the zip file (step 4 of the instructions). Depending on your version of Windows, you can probably right-click on it and select "extract" or "unzip" or something that looks similar.

ScrapperK
11-20-2013, 05:45 PM
;lnet password=nil
[lnet: Password cleared.]

H>;lnet

Tillmen
11-20-2013, 05:59 PM
It should work now.

ScrapperK
11-20-2013, 10:50 PM
Sorry, not so much. Still same password message and lnet exits.

Boora
12-06-2013, 08:50 PM
Same problem with password and accessing lnet on a brand new install of windows/game launcher/SGE/Ruby/lich. Is there a method to reset the password without having access to the correct password in order to ;lnet?

Boora
12-09-2013, 09:57 PM
Any thoughts on a solution?