PDA

View Full Version : Spif FE, another frontend thing.

SpiffyJr
11-17-2013, 01:28 AM
I'm a web developer and I wanted to play around with Chrome Web Apps and Angular JS so what better way than to waste my time writing yet another FE?!

It's a Chrome web application which means you have to have Chrome. It also requires Lich to be ran in detachable mode. Instructions are given on starting up the app.

Here's the Chrome web store link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/spif-fe/fglecemcjogojihokmnnefnnhllmbjhm

It's currently being updated so wait until the version changed to 0.4 (or higher, if you read this later). Once you install it chrome will update it automatically.

There's a lot of stuff missing that I'm slowly getting to but I've been using it most of the night okay so I figured I'd throw it out there for some early bug squishing.

*EDIT* New pics, v0.3.0 in the works.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/62485357/ShareX/2013-12/2013-12-03_19-26-17.png

waywardgs
11-17-2013, 02:16 AM
What do you mean by running lich in detatchable mode? Pardon my ignorance.

SpiffyJr
11-17-2013, 02:06 PM
Start the web app and it will give you instructions.

m444w
11-17-2013, 02:10 PM
Do you happen to have a Git repo of this?

I started working on one myself awhile ago with Brunch/Backbone except it was a web-based so you could run it on your home network and had hoped to make a mobile/tablet friendly version, but got distracted by work before I felt it was stable enough for release.

Buckwheet
11-17-2013, 02:11 PM
Pretty nice. I was hoping it would be a full front end that could run in ChromeOS. But still super cool.

SpiffyJr
11-18-2013, 09:19 AM
Do you happen to have a Git repo of this?

I started working on one myself awhile ago with Brunch/Backbone except it was a web-based so you could run it on your home network and had hoped to make a mobile/tablet friendly version, but got distracted by work before I felt it was stable enough for release.

I do but it's currently private. I"ll make it public once it's a bit more stable.

SpiffyJr
11-18-2013, 09:20 AM
Pretty nice. I was hoping it would be a full front end that could run in ChromeOS. But still super cool.

This is possible if you don't want to use Lich. The other option is to run Lich on a remote server and connect through it but none of the GUI's (narost, sbounty, sloot) will work.

m444w
11-18-2013, 02:37 PM
I do but it's currently private. I"ll make it public once it's a bit more stable.

That'd be appreciated.

You inspired me last night so I sat down and worked on my network capable version of an HTML front-end.

If anyone wants to try it out, it should be stable (I scripted back and forth from Solhaven to the Landing and went hunting for an hour or so last night using it).

Someone is probably asking why did I bother?
* Ability to access the same character from multiple computers simultaneously if you run it on a device that is reachable on your network
* Future ability to share a character so that friends can run white-listed utility scripts
* I wanted to polish my regex skills

Known bugs:
* don't leave it open forever or it will crash your browser because it currently doesn't remove old game lines from the console

https://github.com/ondreian/garmr

SpiffyJr
12-03-2013, 10:27 PM
Updated with a new version screenshot in the main post.

Buckwheet
12-10-2013, 11:02 AM
With the new version I am not getting any instructions FYI.

Edit: Can you also look into enabling control+shift+N for ChromeOS support to open multiple copies of the app?

SpiffyJr
12-10-2013, 01:58 PM
Balls. I, uh, left in my dev code which autoconnects me. I'll update it today sometime.

SpiffyJr
12-20-2013, 10:45 AM
Added some indicators.

Samire
06-27-2016, 10:40 PM
I know this is a pretty old thread, but I was excited when I came across it as I have been looking for something like this. I'm curious if you have continued this project. When I launch the app, it seems to not want keep the elements in place and bounces the command line down outside of the window.

Thanks for all of your contributions. I use sloot and sfire as well.