PDA

View Full Version : LOST: Treasure Case

JackWhisper
11-16-2013, 11:45 PM
Alright. My friend lost an item, and I'll be blunt. We know, as of yet, that it was purchased BY A PLAYER from the pawnshop. He crashed during looting of his jailbox, and when he got back, he thought he'd gotten everything, but didn't get his case.

It's backworn, it's altered, and it has a show. I will provide specific info for it's return to prove ownership, as well as a reward. I am posting this generally because the GM would not tell WHICH pawnshop it went to. Apparently Landing Jail can spawn items in Icemule Pawnshop for some friggin reason. It wasn't explained to us, so I donno.

I would thoroughly appreciate you guys helping him out. I am paying the reward out of MY pocket so he can get his item returned. If you see anyone wearing a treasure case of ANY KIND, let me know. Information leading to the return of the case to him will get you a finder's fee.

Thank you. I am Neelin in-game, Landing native, and on Lich.

waywardgs
11-17-2013, 12:26 AM
Wait... If you lose your stuff via jail box it goes to pawnshops? That's interesting..

JackWhisper
11-17-2013, 12:28 AM
That's what the GM told him. Thanks for the bump though.

Candor
11-17-2013, 02:02 AM
Wait... If you lose your stuff via jail box it goes to pawnshops? That's interesting..

It does make a certain amount of sense. I saw a box claimed by the game once in the jail - it was an old priest who commented that the belongings would be sold and be of great value to the poor of the town (or something to that effect). So if the priest sells the stuff, it seems only natural that he would go to the pawn shop to do it.

Not everything appears on the pawn shop tables of course, but anything that would I expect goes there after the priest claims the box.

Just my three cents on the subject.

NinjasLeadTheWay
11-17-2013, 02:10 AM
Why a pawnshop in a different town though? That's just silly.

Candor
11-17-2013, 02:34 AM
Why a pawnshop in a different town though? That's just silly.

I expect that the code which handles this situation was written when the Landing was the only town in the game. As such, there are now probably a few bugs in how the items are dispersed.

JackWhisper
11-17-2013, 08:42 PM
Bump for help

Buckwheet
11-17-2013, 08:46 PM
Just a dumb question, but are the stats of the item not replaceable?

JackWhisper
11-17-2013, 11:05 PM
It's difficult let's just say that. Replacing it would be quite difficult. And it has a lot of sentimental attachment to my friend.

JackWhisper
11-18-2013, 12:28 AM
So far, quite a few people have located individuals with treasure cases, and all have been ruled out. Thank you so much and I hope everyone can keep helping. Thanks again.

Tillmen
11-18-2013, 12:43 AM
I expect that the code which handles this situation was written when the Landing was the only town in the game. As such, there are now probably a few bugs in how the items are dispersed.

It used to be that if you didn't pay your fine and claim your stuff, it would just disappear from the game. The change to sell the stuff to the pawnshop happened after EN was open. I know this, because I lost my stuff when I travelled to Illistim with no money, got arrested for something stupid, and then had no money to pay the fine and no time to go to Wehnimer's and back to get money before the 1 hour timer was up. After sufficient complaining (about how stupid it was that the items would just disappear, I mean they should at least be sold to the pawnshop or something), a GM did replace one of the two items I had that were worth anything.

Deeified
11-18-2013, 12:51 AM
Adynai midget halfling ninja kick bump.

JackWhisper
11-18-2013, 12:51 AM
You forgot Kenstrom-Oil-Vat-Victim

Deeified
11-18-2013, 01:16 AM
Kenstrom oil vat victim splash damage because nairdins left arm is the army, his right arm is the Navy, his left leg is the air force, and his right leg is barrack HObama.
(marines are bitch faggots so they get nothing)

JackWhisper
11-18-2013, 11:02 AM
Bump for the search.

JackWhisper
11-18-2013, 08:33 PM
New information on the case has surfaced.

The incident happened on last two days of October, the 30th/31st.

The case ended up being purchased in the Ta'Illistim pawnshop. If you know/see anyone who got a treasure case around that time, or was happy, please help my friend out and you get paid for being honest. Thank you.

RSR
11-18-2013, 09:17 PM
New information on the case has surfaced.

The incident happened on last two days of October, the 30th/31st.

The case ended up being purchased in the Ta'Illistim pawnshop. If you know/see anyone who got a treasure case around that time, or was happy, please help my friend out and you get paid for being honest. Thank you.

Lynch all the happy people!

waywardgs
11-18-2013, 09:21 PM
Everyone's happy in EN.

Methais
11-18-2013, 09:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pckk549tkps

JackWhisper
11-20-2013, 07:02 AM
Haha if you scored an item like this, you'd be very happy. I'm just saying. BUMP for helping a young adventurer out!

JackWhisper
11-22-2013, 03:00 PM
Bumping, still trying to help my friend recover this item.