PDA

View Full Version : What the heck do I hunt?

longshot
08-27-2003, 12:29 PM
Banusgrime Analwart (at level 18), your skill bonuses and ranks are:
Skill Bonus Rank
-------------------------------------------------------------
Armor Use : 40 [8]
Shield Use : 86 [19]
Combat Maneuvers : 136 [38]
Edged Weapons : 136 [38]
Climbing : 20 [4]
Swimming : 10 [2]
Stalking & Hiding : 5 [1]
Perception : 5 [1]
Ambush : 86 [19]
Physical Training : 86 [19]
First Aid : 86 [19]

Physical Training Points : 25

Constitution (CO): 69 .... 9
Dexterity (DE): 59 .... 9
Discipline (DI): 88 .... 14
Logic (LO): 61 .... 5
Intelligence (IN): 58 .... 4
Strength (ST): 91 .... 20
Reflexes (RE): 69 .... 19
Charisma (CH): 38 .... -1
Wisdom (WI): 86 .... 18
Aura (AU): 93 .... 21

I know through spell 614 in the ranger circle.

I'm on the last step of voln. I will master before I become 19 trains.

I would like to continue to hunt undead and get all I can out of the symbol of dreams before it gets murdered.

I hate hunting vereri... moving is okay. I don't care where I live.

Are wood wights any good to hunt?

Would skeletal ice trolls or ancient ghoul masters be too difficult?

I'm mastering voln at 18, but have a grand total of 200K in the bank thanks to treasureless wolfshades. I wouldn't mind something that has some coins or skins.

edited to add my stats.

[Edited on 8-27-2003 by longshot]

Scott
08-27-2003, 12:35 PM
Banusgrime Analwart (at level 18), your skill bonuses and ranks are:

?

Umm anyway. Zombies maybe..... except they are poor, but 25ish undead.

Bobmuhthol
08-27-2003, 12:36 PM
I'm more shocked at Anus Grime than Anal Wart.

Taernath
08-27-2003, 12:42 PM
You could try arch wights in Icemule (they wear no armor), but they tend to turtle and boil a lot. If you're willing to put off mastering Voln for a while, hunt the Landing's glacier. It's rich, or at least it was when I was there a few years ago.

[Edited on 8/27/03 by Taernath]

longshot
08-27-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Taernath
Hunt the glacier. It was rich when I was last there, but it's been a few years.

There anything undead there?

I want to milk symbol of dreams for all it's worth while I still can.

Thanks for the input though. I'll check it out.

Oh, and Bob...

That's Banusgrime. Between the balls and the anus.

And no, that is not my character's name.

Bobmuhthol
08-27-2003, 12:50 PM
Since banus isn't a word, I went for the next best thing.

Halfsilver
08-27-2003, 02:10 PM
At 18-23, i hunted rotting woodsmen in 'Haven.

They aren't the richest thing around, but they're very easily crittable, especially for an ambushing ranger and succeptable to spike.

They're in the wooded plains with wood wights. level range is probably 17-24.

-grays

Artha
08-27-2003, 02:31 PM
Skeletal Ice Trolls are hard, but very, very rich.

Parkbandit
08-27-2003, 02:36 PM
Tree spirits in a group. Best and easiest way to gain experience and favor. Tough now adays to get a group... but it still happens.

Corpses in the castle. If I remember correctly.. they are easily critted on the head. My last experience with them was with a cleric and they were very easy for their level. Just watch out for the roa'ters.

Zombies if you have to.

Taernath
08-27-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit
Tree spirits in a group. Best and easiest way to gain experience and favor. Tough now adays to get a group... but it still happens.

God, tree spirits? I've never hunted them with any of my characters because they're so annoying. Non-crittable, they call wind, boil and cloud, and they have loads of HP (the elders have in excess of 400). Stand around them swinging and you're going to get hurt. I guess you could manage it if you went in a group, but it's probably easier to find something else to hunt.

Corpses in the castle. If I remember correctly.. they are easily critted on the head. My last experience with them was with a cleric and they were very easy for their level. Just watch out for the roa'ters.

I don't remember if corpses/farmhands fear or not, but if they do he'd be meat for roa'ters and whatever else wanders around that area. They're mid-30's, and defend at 180+.

Drew2
08-27-2003, 03:21 PM
All undead fears if you're too young, I think.

Bobmuhthol
08-27-2003, 03:22 PM
Rotting corpses fear. I was hunting them at around 15, but I wasn't getting uber-feared. They're pretty weak.

Taernath
08-27-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
Rotting corpses fear. I was hunting them at around 15, but I wasn't getting uber-feared. They're pretty weak.

Their base age is like 32, and they can get up to 37 or 38. Minor fear starts at 10 levels below, sheer fear is 15 levels below, how are you not getting sheer feared? Did you have a lot of fear resist spells on, like symbol of courage, bravery?

Parkbandit
08-27-2003, 03:35 PM
When spirit trees group hunts were popular.. I hunted my wizard there and he wasn't in voln. If you can get a binder and a cloud disperser.. it's easy and great favor.

Are you sure about the rotting corpses level? I had my cleric there from like 25 on and don't remember ever being feared there.. so I assumed they were like 28ish at the most.

Taernath
08-27-2003, 03:40 PM
http://www.zone9.com/bestiary/view.asp?beastID_PK=490

I favor hunt them with one of my level 39 characters, and still get a little exp.

Bobmuhthol
08-27-2003, 03:46 PM
It was sheer fear, but it was at an incredibly short length. I warded it in the first three tries.

longshot
08-27-2003, 07:46 PM
I can honestly fry quicker in ghost wolves than I can in Zombies. The gen rate is just horrible zombies, and it's always crowded. The treasure is negligible too. Really trying to avoid the potter's field.

I'll try a tree spirit group sometime if I can pull it off. I can get rid of clouds.

Artha, are skeletal ice trolls really far out?
What's so hard about them?

Thanks for all the suggestions.

StrayRogue
08-27-2003, 09:53 PM
Zombies in Mule is good. Ice Giants, Snow Crones, Ice Hounds and Lesser Ice Giants in the area are also filthy rich as well. Reivers are also fun, and loaded.

Artha
08-28-2003, 11:13 AM
Artha, are skeletal ice trolls really far out?
What's so hard about them?

They're out the west gate of ice mule, they're pretty easy to get to.

You need a ring, or lots of climbing and no encumbrance, because you have to climb to get out. I tried once, and broke my neck.

They swing around 170-180, not sure what they defend at. They swing battle axes and wear hauberk.

HarmNone
08-28-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit

Tree parties are rare now? What a shame! Tree parties always bore the promise of a good time to be had by all.

HarmNone