PDA

View Full Version : The dichotomy...

Ravenstorm
09-08-2004, 03:00 AM
...just makes me shake my head. Anyone want to bet they're voting Republican?

Raven

edited to add: Oh, yes... Same site of course. Fire an anti-terrorist sub machine gun for Jesus (http://www.pdhsc.com/gun_rental.htm)

[Edited on 9-8-2004 by Ravenstorm]

Nakiro
09-08-2004, 03:06 AM
What's wrong with the Ichthus?

Hulkein
09-08-2004, 03:35 AM
It's not that hypocritical. It's not as if the site is condoning harming people. Firing guns for sport at objects is a hobby ya know,.

[Edited on 9-8-2004 by Hulkein]

Latrinsorm
09-08-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Nakiro
What's wrong with the Ichthus? The reason the fish symbol was used was that Christians were being violently persecuted by Romans (and probably some other folks). Walking around with a big Jesus sign would be a bit of a tip-off, so someone decided to use the fish as a code-sign.

I assume the specific dichotomy Raven is referring to (besides the general clash with the non-violence of Jesus' message/methods) is displaying a symbol born out of a desire to avoid violence while promoting the use of extraordinarily violent weapons.

Labeling the weapon "anti-terrorist" kinda shoots the "hobby" theory full of holes there Hulkein.

Ravenstorm
09-08-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm
Labeling the weapon "anti-terrorist" kinda shoots the "hobby" theory full of holes there Hulkein.

And Latrinsorm wins the kewpie doll.

Raven

Hulkein
09-08-2004, 02:08 PM
I didn't see that as saying 'use this verse terrorists on your own'. It's just the weapons used by various anti-terrorist groups.

Warriorbird
09-08-2004, 02:41 PM
I want a firing guns for Democracy site.