PDA

View Full Version : Bush loses 1 million votes

Ravenstorm
09-08-2004, 02:06 PM
Well, perhaps not quite that many as some (though not many) will probably vote for him anyway but more than he can afford to lose.

The news report (http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=6176437)

LCR's statement (http://www.logcabin.org/logcabin/press_090804.html)

Raven

Parkbandit
09-08-2004, 02:16 PM
I doubt very much Bush was courting the gay vote.

Latest poll, Kerry still losing.:oops:

Jenisi
09-08-2004, 06:14 PM
95% of everyone I know here in town hates Bush... And I live in an extreamly Rebulican state... I only know of one person that is actually voting for bush (well claims to be, but has never voted before) and he very rarely watches the news. Fuck Bush.

Artha
09-08-2004, 06:17 PM
If everyone you know thinks it, it's obviously right.

Jenisi
09-08-2004, 06:18 PM
There is no RIGHT vote.

CrystalTears
09-08-2004, 06:38 PM
Yeah and 90% of the people I talk to want to kick Kerry's ass for being a shmuck. We just won't know until November.

Hulkein
09-08-2004, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Jenisi
95% of everyone I know here in town hates Bush... And I live in an extreamly Rebulican state... I only know of one person that is actually voting for bush (well claims to be, but has never voted before) and he very rarely watches the news. Fuck Bush.

Looks like your town is an anomoly. Bush has a double digit lead in Indiana.

Artha
09-08-2004, 06:49 PM
I'm afraid you're wrong, Hulkein. The people she knows are obviously a perfect sample of the entire state, and encompass all demographics. Ergo, Kerry has a 95% lead now. I'm sure Bush will be heart broken.

Hulkein
09-08-2004, 06:50 PM
hahahaha

The extream rebulicans of her state will also be heartbroken.

[Edited on 9-8-2004 by Hulkein]

Warriorbird
09-08-2004, 06:53 PM
Eh. No disrespect to all you gay folks (or black folks). But... Republicans counting on gay people is a lot like Republicans counting on black people.

[Edited on 9-8-2004 by Warriorbird]

Ravenstorm
09-08-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Warriorbird
But... Republicans counting on gay people is a lot like Republicans counting on black people.

Those were votes he already had in his pocket. They voted for him in 2000 and would have done so again. Not that I'm complaining at all. It's about time they realized exactly where they stand with the Republican Party.

Raven

DeV
09-08-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Hulkein
Bush has a double digit lead in Indiana. Not surprising. One of the more conservative states.

Jenisi
09-08-2004, 07:38 PM
Yeah let's stick to Bush and keep losing jobs. Let's go to war because we don't like It's leaders. Want more reasons? How about Bush supports the outsorcing of jobs. The man has given us the biggest depicet in US history... To pay for this he barrows the money from China, Japan, Mexico, South Korea etc.. America Imports way more then it exports.. Let's see here.. Why? We have extreamly lopsided trade policies... South Korea builds automobiles... 800,000 sold in the US with a 2 1/2% Tariff. The cars we sent to South Korea have a 25% tariff.. How many were sold? 3,000. For christ's sake.. In China, they won't import Harley Davidsons.. The only way to have on there is if HD builds a facorty there. The American beef sold in Japan has a 50% tariff. 95% of all cloathing in America is foreign made. Bush allowd 60,000 textile jobs in North Carolina to go to china. Got health problems? Every year Bush has been in office medical costs have gone up 12%... Each fucking year. Want me to continue?

Hulkein
09-08-2004, 07:41 PM
No, rather than continuing lets put some things in perspective. Since you act like a wealth of information I'm sure you wouldn't mind sharing with us what the tariff's were set at when Clinton was president. I'd like to see comparisons rather than facts that may look bad but are just standard operating procedure.

GSLeloo
09-08-2004, 07:43 PM
As cheesy as it sounds the Choose or Lose on MTV is pretty informing. What I saw was their reporter following both of the candidates to their rallys and outlining what they say and also asking the people who go what stuck most for them (The Republicans at Bush's said about 9/11, a Democrat at Kerry said it was the going to war because we have to not because we want to)

Also they said the biggest issue for young people between 18-24 that are voting was Employment, the second was war in Iraq, I think the third was like 9/11....

But on topic! Isn't it true that at the Republican convention when his entire family went on stage, they didn't have the lesbian daughter or her life partner up there?

Wezas
09-08-2004, 07:44 PM

Spelling extreme wrong I can see. But spelling the name of your own party wrong?

I'm scared to think of what you edited.

Ravenstorm
09-08-2004, 07:47 PM
Very true. Bush's entire family joined him on stage. Cheney's straight daughter was on stage with him but Mary (the lesbian) was 'disappeared'. I feel really sorry for her.

Raven

Hulkein
09-08-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Wezas

Spelling extreme wrong I can see. But spelling the name of your own party wrong?

I'm scared to think of what you edited.

Read Jenisi's prior post, Sherlock.

I was making a joke. That is why it was edited. I threw it in there after the 'hahahaha'.

kheldarin
09-08-2004, 08:12 PM
HAHA

Blazing247
09-08-2004, 08:22 PM
< The man has given us the biggest depicet in US history... >

I don't know what a depicet is, but it sounds really, really bad.

<95% of everyone I know here in town hates Bush... And I live in an extreamly Rebulican state... I only know of one person that is actually voting for bush (well claims to be, but has never voted before) and he very rarely watches the news. Fuck Bush. >

95% of the people in my town told me they think you're a fucking retard.*

*Statistics may vary +/- 94.99%.

edited to add: :?:

[Edited on 9-9-2004 by Blazing247]

xShadowMerchantx
09-08-2004, 09:05 PM
Gay, Straight or Klaivsexual,

When you want to add discrimination into our constitution you're not getting my vote.

Carl Spackler
09-08-2004, 09:14 PM
Add discrimination, discrimination against gays isn't being added, if anything it's the liberals causing the ruckus because they put it in the media, they push for gay marriage.

Snapp
09-08-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Carl Spackler
Add discrimination, discrimination against gays isn't being added, if anything it's the liberals causing the ruckus because they put it in the media, they push for gay marriage.

He didn't say it WAS being added.. he was saying Bush WANTS it to be added.

Carl Spackler
09-08-2004, 09:23 PM
Bush doesn't want to add it, it's always been there. The Liberal media bends things to their liking, hence the uninformed populace tends to lean more to the left. The Liberal media makes a big stink about some homosexual bondings out in SF, well guess what, it was maybe worth one or two days worth of news. After that who gives a damn about it anymore. Instead the media beats the dead horse, making a big stink over some dudes becoming 'spouses for life'.

Wezas
09-08-2004, 09:26 PM
Read Jenisi's prior post, Sherlock.

I was making a joke. That is why it was edited. I threw it in there after the 'hahahaha'.

Ah, I skim through posts but yours caught my eye. Very amusing.

Latrinsorm
09-08-2004, 09:33 PM
Want me to continue? What I want is you to be less angry; then I'd like you to consider what Kerry would have done in the same situation. Finally, I'd like you to read Kerry's plans for the future and compare them to Bush's.

xShadowMerchantx
09-08-2004, 10:12 PM
Has bush even stated what his plans are? I haven't seen anything yet that tells me what Bush is going to do in the next 4 years.

Based on the first four, Maybe we'll go blow up a few other countries across the sea.

I vote for India so those fuckers will stop taking our jobs.

09-08-2004, 10:12 PM
Kerry sucks.

Four more years.

- Arkans

Okay, fine, you want a reason? I hate being soft on terrorists and I hate affirmative action. Bush brings me closer to getting rid of such things.

Editted to prevent contradicting myself.

- Arkans

[Edited on 9-9-2004 by Arkans]

Kefka
09-08-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by xShadowMerchantx

Based on the first four, Maybe we'll go blow up a few other countries across the sea.

Ah. So you have heard his plans for the next 4 years. FYI, the Axis of Evil has been expanded.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/1971852.stm

4 more years
4 more wars

Back
09-08-2004, 10:47 PM
Don’t forget to add “the liberal media” to that Axis of Evil.

peam
09-08-2004, 11:01 PM
http://www.electoral-vote.com/

Most reliable site there is, when concerning polls. It uses Zogby, which is comissioned by the Wall Street Journal (Righty right right), and various other polls to come to conclusions.

Keep dreaming, shitkickers. The chimp-weasel's on his way out.

Latrinsorm
09-09-2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by xShadowMerchantx
Based on the first four, Maybe we'll go blow up a few other countries across the sea.Actually, based on the first 4 years, we'd at most blow up 2 countries (let's say Iran and the Ivory Coast). That's assuming someone jabs at us again.

I liked Peam's pretty pictures. I don't understand how they were able to extrapolate every state to any degree of accuracy, and it's a little late to try to click on things, but it was def. pretty.

Scott
09-09-2004, 12:30 AM
blah blah blah Want me to continue?

No, please don't.

Are you seriously comparing South Korea's buying to the United States? Well god damn, the US is buying more imported cars then South Korea? WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT! That's like saying the US is eating more food then Ethiopia. Why do we buy more cars? Because in the US, it's basically required. In South Korea it's not.

Why is Japanese clothing sold more in the US? Hmmmm.... perhaps it's because they have 5 year olds being SLAVES and making them for $0.10 an hour so it can be sold cheaper. Thank GOD we don't do that here. Why are jobs being shipped over to other countries? Because it's cheaper? You want us to keep every job we can..... Sure, lets make minimum wage $0.50 an hour and allow 5 year olds to sit in a room and be slaves all day. That'll work, I sure hope Kerry does that if he wins, that'll show Bush!

I'd go on but it's pointle because 95% of people won't agree anyway.

Warriorbird
09-09-2004, 12:35 AM
Err, Scott... despite the fact that you're filled with rage... lots of times those ten cents an hour jobs are for American comparnies. Companies that produce a lot of things that a lot of liberals buy, mind you... but leave the high horse, hey.

Carl Spackler
09-09-2004, 01:05 AM
Ok Basically if you vote for Kerry, you're voting for a big fucking pussy. I sure as hell don't want a bitch in office who would get walked over by a bunch of fucking duney's. I'd much rather have a president who cares about the pride in this country and fucks those bastards up. Thats my two cents in laymans terms.

peam
09-09-2004, 01:16 AM
I can't believe anyone's falling for that "KERRY IS A PUSSY THAT WON'T KILL ENOUGH BROWN PEOPLE TO SATISFY US." agenda.

Bush's campaign of terror is obviously working, while his war on terror is not.

Warriorbird
09-09-2004, 01:19 AM
Ironically we haven't caught the "fucking dunies" that did it to us to begin with, but wasted a lot of time on some other "fucking dunies." and were kind and gentle to the family of the "fucking dunie" terrorists. Yah Bush. What a man!

Hulkein
09-09-2004, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by peam
http://www.electoral-vote.com/

Most reliable site there is, when concerning polls. It uses Zogby, which is comissioned by the Wall Street Journal (Righty right right), and various other polls to come to conclusions.

Keep dreaming, shitkickers. The chimp-weasel's on his way out.

Kerry lost tons of ground in Ohio and Wisconsin while losing noticeable ground in many other states in which Kerry was ahead by a nice amount. Congrats, PA and Florida changed 1%, I guess that means Kerry is a lock. Keep saying it, he may have a chance :lol:

Hulkein
09-09-2004, 02:37 AM
I can't believe anyone's falling for that "KERRY IS A PUSSY THAT WON'T KILL ENOUGH BROWN PEOPLE TO SATISFY US." agenda.

Peam, there is no fabricating of a boogy man anymore. That longtime liberal talking point is moot because guess what? The boogeyman appeared on multiple occasions, most prominantly on 9/11. I agree with Carl Spackler, you support the softer candidate.

PS. Bush won in 2000 without any of your alleged scare tactics. I guess that shoots your attempt of a point to shit.

[Edited on 9-9-2004 by Hulkein]

Kefka
09-09-2004, 02:58 AM

Peam, there is no fabricating of a boogy man anymore. That longtime liberal talking point is moot because guess what? The boogeyman appeared on multiple occasions, most prominantly on 9/11. I agree with Carl Spackler, you support the softer candidate.

PS. Bush won in 2000 without any of your alleged scare tactics. I guess that shoots your attempt of a point to shit.

[Edited on 9-9-2004 by Hulkein]

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=694&e=4&u=/ap/cheney

"It's absolutely essential that eight weeks from today, on Nov. 2, we make the right choice, because if we make the wrong choice then the danger is that we'll get hit again and we'll be hit in a way that will be devastating from the standpoint of the United States."

Yep. No boogeyman there.

Psykos
09-09-2004, 06:44 AM
I've just learned to ignore RAvenstorm's posts, he scans the net all day looking for anti-bush articles and then shares with the PC.

Go read the NY times.

Psykos.

Back
09-09-2004, 08:02 AM
How is a man who volunteered to go to Viet Nam and saw combat a pussy? Regardless if you don’t believe that he deserved the purple hearts, or other two stars... he was there, he was “in the shit” as they say.

CrystalTears
09-09-2004, 08:08 AM
Kerry volunteered, Bush didn't, both of them served. One got purple hearts, one got honorably discharged. We get it. Can we get on to what they've done in the last 10-12 years in their political careers instead now that we got their highlights out of the way? Thanks.

Back
09-09-2004, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by CrystalTears
Kerry volunteered, Bush didn't, both of them served. One got purple hearts, one got honorably discharged. We get it. Can we get on to what they've done in the last 10-12 years in their political careers instead now that we got their highlights out of the way? Thanks.

Trying to make a point here, CT. People are claiming Kerry is a pussy and I don’t see the logic. How is he a pussy. Thats schoolyard bullshit talk. Back it up.

CrystalTears
09-09-2004, 08:29 AM
I don't think him being a pussy has anything to do with his military service.

Parkbandit
09-09-2004, 08:46 AM

THAT is the problem though CT.. if we go back 10-15 years with Kerry, it's a bleak picture of votes and living the high life. Why do you think the Democrats want us to forget that? Why do you think that Kerry mentions his service in Vietnam about 1000x more than his 20 years in Congress? Because the Democrats believe that by mentioning Kerry was in Vietnam, they will show how tough he is on war. If you get into his voting record, it shows he's far from it.

Back
09-09-2004, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Parkbandit

THAT is the problem though CT.. if we go back 10-15 years with Kerry, it's a bleak picture of votes and living the high life. Why do you think the Democrats want us to forget that? Why do you think that Kerry mentions his service in Vietnam about 1000x more than his 20 years in Congress? Because the Democrats believe that by mentioning Kerry was in Vietnam, they will show how tough he is on war. If you get into his voting record, it shows he's far from it.

Right, like owning a baseball team makes you fit to be president? Please.

Parkbandit
09-09-2004, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Backlash

Never said it did.. but Bush wasn't in Politics at the time and it wasn't his responsibility to make policy.

It was Kerry's.

Back
09-09-2004, 09:03 AM

Never said it did.. but Bush wasn't in Politics at the time and it wasn't his responsibility to make policy.

It was Kerry's.

Well PB, over the past 20 years John Kerry has been voting in the Senate, as I am sure you are aware. We could both pick out numerous votes he has made over the course of his career to try and say this or that about the man... but you have to admit, the guy at least has an intimate knowledge of the inner workings of the Federal government/Washington politics etc.

Parkbandit
09-09-2004, 09:40 AM
Well PB, over the past 20 years John Kerry has been voting in the Senate, as I am sure you are aware. We could both pick out numerous votes he has made over the course of his career to try and say this or that about the man... but you have to admit, the guy at least has an intimate knowledge of the inner workings of the Federal government/Washington politics etc.

I completely agree with you there.

Unfortunately, it sometimes takes an outsider to Washington to make our system work the best for everyone.

Back
09-09-2004, 10:40 AM

Unfortunately, it sometimes takes an outsider to Washington to make our system work the best for everyone.

Heh, I’m going to agree with you again, and raise you that we need a fresh perspective in the White House after these past four years.

CrystalTears
09-09-2004, 10:50 AM
Yey! Michael Douglas for President! :unclesam:

Psykos
09-09-2004, 10:51 AM
Baklash,

Your logic is poor. I feel like what Falgrin is trying to say is valid, and you're failing to really adress his concerns. What exactly good has come from John Cohen?

Thanks,

Psykos.

Heh, I’m going to agree with you again, and raise you that we need a fresh perspective in the White House after these past four years.

Warriorbird
09-09-2004, 10:55 AM
"Unfortunately, it sometimes takes an outsider to Washington to make our system work the best for everyone. "

If by everyone you mean the people who somehow think that Bush will get them lower taxes and spend less.

I picked up Pat Buchanan's book about Bush the other day. It was interesting.

Back
09-09-2004, 10:58 AM
Psykos,

Who is John Cohen?

Hulkein
09-09-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Kefka

Yep. No boogeyman there.

I said there was no need to fabricate it anymore, we're under attack and every American has seen it and knows it. Read what I say next time.

Latrinsorm
09-09-2004, 12:39 PM
Psykos,

Who is John Cohen? Kerry's name used to be Cohen. I don't know where I'm about to pull this from, but 4 or 5 generations ago seems right for some reason.

I don't know why Psykos keeps bringing it up.

Jenisi
09-09-2004, 12:45 PM
I'm not the BIGGEST fan of Kerry.... But I'm completely along the mindset of www.johnkerryisadouchebagbutimvotingforhimanyway.c om Anyway, I never claimed to be an english major. And I think it's great that you all get such a high off a misspelled word.. But whatever floats your boat. You don't see me posting here that often because anytime I do... 90% of the time I end up getting insulted. I post a picture, i'm an attention whore. I make a logical point, but my spelling is bad.. I talk about a bad day, I'm a loser... Not that this thread is really the place to rant about it but honestly I don't feel like making a thread about it so that's how I feel. Anyway, I'd rather speak up on something like this that I strongly believe in than not. Now when Clinton was in office, I don't remember the exact percents, considering I was much younger at the time and didn't care about politics. I know tariffs have gone up, that I do know for sure. And I was just making a point with South Korea, Scott, I could continue if you'd like.. Name some bigger countries that do matter since SK apprently doesn't.

CrystalTears
09-09-2004, 12:48 PM
:violin:

Jenisi
09-09-2004, 12:49 PM
Exactly, Bitch.

Ravenstorm
09-09-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm
I don't know why Psykos keeps bringing it up.

Maybe we're supposed to be horrified that one of his ancestors had a Jewish surname.

Raven

Hulkein
09-09-2004, 01:17 PM
Kerry's family flipped their name and religious affiliation to escape persecution. As you can see conviction and stalwartness runs in his family /sarcasm

I will say I don't see how that has any affect on John Kerry for the election though.

Psykos
09-09-2004, 01:20 PM
Backwash,

How about you learn a LITTLE bit about your main man before you defend him on the battle field.

Love,

Psykos

Psykos,

Who is John Cohen?

Back
09-09-2004, 01:40 PM
Psykos,

How about keeping it civil and debating intelligently like a real adult.

Thanks.

Psykos
09-09-2004, 01:47 PM
How about I'm trying but your huge giant "spanking my monkey" avatar is annoying me

:\

Parkbandit
09-09-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Psykos
How about I'm trying but your huge giant "spanking my monkey" avatar is annoying me

:

That's one big fucking ugly monkey. I thought it was like a Barney wannabe.

Ravenstorm
09-09-2004, 03:39 PM
It's a purple disco hippo.

Raven

Chelle
09-09-2004, 07:27 PM
Barney is evil and that purple monkey spanker hippo is just worse.