PDA

View Full Version : How to assess Sighting

fallenSaint
09-07-2004, 09:27 AM
Alright time to get some specifics down since everyone I ask "thinks" this or that...

Bought what was advertised as a Sighted bow last night and seller wasnt too certain if it really was or not, just that the AI crystal claimed it to be crit weighted.

So, can warriors with archery training assess them or Ive also heard its Rangers that can assess them. Does the AI crystal read the sighting on them? And lastly cant get a confirmed answer have we found if there are varied degrees of it or just "sighted"

Any confirmed knowledge would be great.

fallenSaint
09-07-2004, 11:29 AM
Ok here goes ... for those that care this is information I got from Speaker so I find it as a rather reliable source:

He says that sephwir bows have the highest amount of natural sighting of all the woods and yew being the least natural sighting.

All the recently released sephwir bows should have the same amount of sighting and they currently have the most sighting of any bow spite for one crossbow which is dubbed as "fully" sighted.

Also apparently if we could just find some old enough warriors with a lot of archery training they should be able to hand out degrees of the sighting guess theres just not too many about. Anyhow unless someone has compelling argument against what he said Im satisfied with the information I got figured I would share.

Nieninque
09-07-2004, 11:32 AM
Yew is the least sighted of all woods or all sighted woods?

If it is the former, then that information you got seems pretty duff as yew is sighted to some extent, and other woods not at all.

fallenSaint
09-07-2004, 12:01 PM
Of the naturally sighted woods, seems to make sense being as they were the ones that were mass released were they not?

So basically in to make it easier to understand my random babbleing ... Yew = "lightly sighted" Sephwir = "heavily? sighted"

Edit: Again this being I have no actuall idea on what the degrees are and how they compare just that apparently there are degrees of sighting...

[Edited on 9-7-2004 by fallenSaint]

Nieninque
09-07-2004, 01:07 PM
Do you know which (if any) other woods are sighted or is it just those two?

fallenSaint
09-07-2004, 05:43 PM
Eh I didnt ask him at that point and time, there are definately other woods because I do believe the crossbow that Sergy is selling is of a different make.

Nieninque
09-07-2004, 05:49 PM
Well it isnt rangers that can do it :(

You assess the bow for structural weaknesses and strengths.

Careful examination indicates the sniper's bow has a base strength of 50 and a base durability of 225. You also determine the current integrity of the sniper's bow to be at 100.0%.

For some reason, you can't seem to get a feel for the bow.

Kitsun
09-07-2004, 08:45 PM
There's a sighted bow on the official boards now made of ipantar or ipantir or whatever. Guess thats another type.

fallenSaint
09-08-2004, 07:45 AM
Yea sorry thought I had cleared it up a bit, but I just got a log of a gent talking with Khal about the bows and warriors are the ones to assess them just not many have been assessed due to a lot of the sighted ones having scripts I guess.

Any warriors who are archer's out there want to do some assessing for me?

[Edited on 9-8-2004 by fallenSaint]

Xinister
09-08-2004, 08:47 AM
I am still waiting for the migration of points for archery before I can assess them.

However, when I am done, I will be glad to assess the bows.

Xinister

Nieninque
09-08-2004, 08:49 AM
Whats the deal with sighting btw.
I heard that it is only good up to a certain level of proficiency in terms of being able to aim, thereafter, the sighting of the bow doesnt make any difference.
Is that the case and if so, how much perception (I assume it is perception that constitutes good aim) would make the sighting of the bows redundant?

TheEschaton
09-08-2004, 10:50 AM
Sighting is only effective to the "level" of aiming you are trained up to...so, from open, it's perception, from hiding, average of perception + ambush.

What the standard "level" of aiming required is, I dunno. 1.5x, 2x, 2.5x, somewhere in that range, I'd imagine.

I've an older warrior who's fully tripled in archery (about 130 ranks)....unfortunately, my being in Africa and my accounts being frozen for the next 2 years will probably hinder my ability to assess any of your bows. I've yet to find a sighted bow that didn't have a script on it which prevented assessing (one of my pet peeves - scripts not allowing you to assess).

-TheE-

Xinister
09-08-2004, 10:58 AM
Just so you know, warriors can not tripple in archery. Unless you mean that by combining other skills, as in perception and ambush.

Xinister

Originally posted by TheEschaton
I've an older warrior who's fully tripled in archery (about 130 ranks)

-TheE-

Speaker
09-09-2004, 04:23 PM
I believe Ipantor and Glowbark are sighted too. They're somewhere inbetween Yew and Sephwir, but I can't say exactly where.

-Speaker

fallenSaint
09-09-2004, 04:32 PM
Well I have a non scripted sighted bow so let me know when your done converting Im curious to get more info on these things. And Ill say it again if Speaker says it on archery Id believe the man!