09-06-2004, 02:59 PM
LMAO @ Vinh!

Makkah
09-06-2004, 03:12 PM
Eminem
50 Cent

Bobmuhthol
09-06-2004, 03:15 PM
Rap is how the Devil gets to you. That and Hilary Duff.

09-06-2004, 03:30 PM
Don't hate the player, hate the game.

DeV
09-06-2004, 03:38 PM
D12--horrible sounding shit.

Makkah
09-06-2004, 03:59 PM
::agrees with DEV for once::

rht

Axhinde
09-06-2004, 04:27 PM
Nelly and Ja Rule....

They both suck.

Makkah
09-06-2004, 04:31 PM
Actually Nelly can come out okay every now and then. But most his shit is trash.

rht
(I said it must be yo ass cuz it ain't yo face)

Iriscience
09-06-2004, 04:44 PM
LL Cool J

MrThorbizzle
09-06-2004, 05:07 PM
Sharkula (AKA Thingahmajigger) - Martin Luther King Jr. Whopper with Cheese

the album is terrible...unless it's a big joke, then it's pretty hilarious

Snapp
09-06-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Stanley Burrell
1. Mase

Don't hate on my baby daddy!

Gotta agree with Makkah though, Eminem and 50 cent.

09-06-2004, 10:35 PM
What's sad is that Mase used to be good :(

09-06-2004, 10:36 PM
P.s. Jay-z is horrible

09-06-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by RangerD1
What's sad is that Mase used to be good :(

Heh. I want to see Ma$e go back to Harlem and live longer than maybe 5 minutes.

Snapp
09-06-2004, 10:41 PM
I want to bang Ma$e and have dozens of his babies.
:heart: Mase :heart:

Betheny
09-06-2004, 10:42 PM
Stan, do you <3 Ali G?

09-06-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Maimara
Stan, do you <3 Ali G?

I have two words of sentiment about Ali G, and they aren't "Merry Christmas."

DeV
09-06-2004, 10:45 PM
P.s. Jay-z is horrible Compare him to Talib or Big L and he doesn't stand up.

Mase tried to fill the shoes of Biggie and he couldn't hold up. I don't know what the fuck he's thinking with this new album.

09-06-2004, 10:45 PM
Eh, why wouldn't mase be able to go back? {black dudes} usually don't fuck wit priests like that.

Betheny
09-06-2004, 10:46 PM

Originally posted by Maimara
Stan, do you <3 Ali G?

I have two words of sentiment about Ali G, and they aren't "Merry Christmas."

I watched Ali G last night, and it was pretty funny.

"I have this idea for a book. This guy, he sneaks into the castle in London. And he puts a hand grenade in the Queen's poonanny. And me, I have 48 hours to get it out..."

09-06-2004, 10:50 PM
Eh, why wouldn't mase be able to go back? {black dudes} usually don't fuck wit priests like that.

Yeah, no one's got beef with Mase.

09-06-2004, 10:52 PM
Who is that?

09-06-2004, 10:53 PM
Jay-z should just stop rapping period

09-06-2004, 10:58 PM
Who is that?

Cam'ron

09-06-2004, 11:04 PM
I didn't know they had beef

Wezas
09-06-2004, 11:05 PM
Nelly.

And I saw Usher this weekend. I like the way he sings, and the man can dance. But it frightened me that my grandparents also liked him.

Maybe it's not cool to like him.

09-06-2004, 11:08 PM
Don't get me started on the ness that is usher

[Edited on 9-8-2004 by Tsa`ah]

Makkah
09-06-2004, 11:22 PM
Actually... Stan... Killah ain't even in that pic. That's a few Dipset dudes and Mobb Deep (Julez, Jim Jones, and I think Zeak is in that)

but no Cam. (on second look... the guy in the blue jersey MIGHT be him... but it looks nothing like him)

rht

[Edited on 9-7-2004 by Makkah]

Wezas
09-06-2004, 11:28 PM
Don't get me started on the ness that is usher

Yeah, he's kinda - having his shirt off all the time for the cameras.

err..

09-06-2004, 11:30 PM
Lol, listen to the guy do an interview. He is straight fruity

Faent
09-06-2004, 11:32 PM
>>Rap is how the Devil gets to you. That and Hilary Duff. -Bob

Bob is correct. Rap, particularly, is music for moral and societal degenerates. The idiots who listen to it shouldn't be allowed to vote or think.

-Scott

09-06-2004, 11:41 PM
lol :moon2:

Drew
09-06-2004, 11:44 PM
Mase = good

good rappers = Slug (from Atmosphere), MF doom, Brother Ali, Sole, Aesop Rock, Jay Z, Pharoahe Monch, Mountain Bros, Saul Willaims, Dizzee Rascal (only cause I play "Fix Up, Look Sharp" every night while getting dressed to go out), Busta Rhymes, Blackilicious, NAS, Outkast, Nelly (you know you sing along), Binary Star, MC Hammer, a lot of others.

Bad Rappers = Chingy, 50 Cent, Fat Joe, D12, man, 98% of all rappers played on MTV really, any rapper with the word "lil" in his/her name, lots of others here too.

09-06-2004, 11:46 PM
You said Sole. You lose

Makkah
09-06-2004, 11:46 PM
I'm curious how you can think Nelly is good but Chingy is bad...

rht

Drew
09-06-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Makkah
I'm curious how you can think Nelly is good but Chingy is bad...

rht

Because Nelly is funny/catchy, Chingy isn't funny and I don't like his beats.

You said Sole. You lose

Haha, I knew someone would say this, the whole Sole Vs. El-P thing got me listening to Anticon and I think Sole is funny, especially when he disses people. Plus non-rhyming rap is pretty hard to do, even decently.

Everyone I know hates Sole too, he's really not THAT bad. On the other hand I don't own any of his CDs. I think Buck 65 is on Anticon too, he's pretty good.

[Edited on 9-7-2004 by Drew]

Makkah
09-06-2004, 11:55 PM
Chingy is 133% more gangsta than Nelly.

rht

Drew
09-06-2004, 11:58 PM
Chingy is 133% more gangsta than Nelly.

rht

You'll note I didn't rank the most ganksta rappers, just the ones I liked. MC Hammer is on there, and Sole, seriously, if I gave a crap about who was more gangsta then who else, that would be a horrible list.

Makkah
09-07-2004, 12:00 AM
Obviously our tastes are different. You base people on how cute, funny, catchy, etc. someone is. I base it on how real someone is.

Who woulda known.

rht

09-07-2004, 12:01 AM
Sole is a chick wtf

Makkah
09-07-2004, 12:03 AM
Sole and JT Money and what was that female group she had? Infamous Syndicate? ROFL... what a joke.

rht

Drew
09-07-2004, 12:15 AM
Obviously our tastes are different. You base people on how cute, funny, catchy, etc. someone is. I base it on how real someone is.

Who woulda known.

rht

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, Atmosphere, Aesop, Brother Ali, come realer than 99% of the shit you listen to. Pretending to be gangsta, or actually being it don't make you a good rapper. It's what you say, I know some good gangsta rappers, but mentioning drugs/guns/whatever in a raspy voice does not necessarily mean they are "realer" than someone who doesn't.

Sample Atmosphere lyric that 99% of all rappers would be afraid to say:

And it hit me, Minnesota is dope
If only simply for not what we have but what we don't
It's all fair, it ain't out there, it's in there
It's in the mirror, behind the breast under the hair
Follow the dream doesn't mean leave the love
Roam if you must, but come home when you've seen enough
I love New York and Cali, but I ain't movin'
Too overpopulated saturated with humans
And I'm not big on rappers, actors, or models
If I had to dip, I'd probably skip to Chicago

PS: You guys are thinking of Solè who was a back up singer on some JT Money track I think and a Jay Z song. I'm talking about Sole who is some goofy white kid from california.

Picture of Sole http://www.ukhh.com/reviews/live/sage5-mftc.jpg

Picture of Solè
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Exhibit/1176/pic/sole.jpg

Iriscience
09-07-2004, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Drew
Mase = good

good rappers = Slug (from Atmosphere), MF doom, Brother Ali, Sole, Aesop Rock, Jay Z, Pharoahe Monch, Mountain Bros, Saul Willaims, Dizzee Rascal (only cause I play "Fix Up, Look Sharp" every night while getting dressed to go out), Busta Rhymes, Blackilicious, NAS, Outkast, Nelly (you know you sing along), Binary Star, MC Hammer, a lot of others.

Bad Rappers = Chingy, 50 Cent, Fat Joe, D12, man, 98% of all rappers played on MTV really, any rapper with the word "lil" in his/her name, lots of others here too.

Slug from Atmosphere? WTF?

Atmosphere is a white guy from Minneapolis who sucks, not a group. Im from Minneapolis, I've seen Atmosphere and all the Rhymesayers a few times. Brother Ali is definatly the best rapper to ever come out of Minneapolis.

And Aesop Rock is awful, he just rambles on with seemingly random words making no sense at all.

http://www.ohhla.com/anonymous/aesoprck/

Pick any song in there, read the lyrics for 4 lines and you'll want to shoot yourself.

Makkah
09-07-2004, 12:24 AM
That might be the dumbest verse I've ever read\heard. How is that real? That's just some hillbilly babbling about Minnesota.

rht

(Wanna hear real? Listen to "Vice Versa" by Pastor Troy or "Situations" or "Just Awakin Shakin" by Playa Fly)

[Edited on 9-7-2004 by Makkah]

09-07-2004, 12:28 AM
Chicago is 10x better than La or NYC Cause you don't even have a fraction of the wake wanna be soft ass bitches

09-07-2004, 12:40 AM
HAHAHAhA, how can you hate on Aesop Rock, Bazooka tooth and LABOR FUCKING DAYS = BEST TRACKS EVAR GODAMNIT.

If you don't like "No Regrets" by Aesop Rock, you should stick your head in the dirt like an ostrige. Just listen to the song once, please. It's really, really good.

And most of the shit he's rapping is so complicated you have to listen carefully to get the picture.

Aesop, do you take this makeshift candy-land cold classic bastard style to be your lawfully wedded headtrip doing base throughout sickness, health, electrical storm, fire, pain, hail, sleet? HELL NO!

[Edited on 9-7-2004 by Stanley Burrell]

Makkah
09-07-2004, 12:43 AM
I'd rather be an "ostrige" than listen to that garbage.

rht

Drew
09-07-2004, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Iriscience

Slug from Atmosphere? WTF?

Atmosphere is a white guy from Minneapolis who sucks, not a group. Im from Minneapolis, I've seen Atmosphere and all the Rhymesayers a few times. Brother Ali is definatly the best rapper to ever come out of Minneapolis.

And Aesop Rock is awful, he just rambles on with seemingly random words making no sense at all.

http://www.ohhla.com/anonymous/aesoprck/

Pick any song in there, read the lyrics for 4 lines and you'll want to shoot yourself.

Slug is the rapper in Atmosphere. Atmosphere consist of Slug who raps, and Ant who produces and does the tables at shows.

Aesop's lyrics are open to interpretation. Daylight is a masterpiece, period.

Oh, Makkah, I stopped listening to you when you said "Pastor Troy". I'm gonna go listen to 'Everlasting Yay' again, then think about how Pastor Troy is a loser.

Sorry to say man, you suck at rap. I bet you are good at other things though, so it's cool.

Drew
09-07-2004, 12:47 AM

If you don't like "No Regrets" by Aesop Rock, you should stick your head in the dirt like an ostrige. Just listen to the song once, please. It's really, really good.

Damn straight! Except the mispelling of Ostrich...

No regrets is an awesome song.

09-07-2004, 12:51 AM
my bad.

Haters of the good music make me mispell ostrich.

Makkah
09-07-2004, 12:52 AM
Obviously you didn't realize that Everlasting Yay is by MGD and a few UG ATL cats. The REMIX, however... has PT and his brother Lil Peter. Then again... you knew that.

rht

Drew
09-07-2004, 12:54 AM
Obviously you didn't realize that Everlasting Yay is by MGD and a few UG ATL cats. The REMIX, however... has PT and his brother Lil Peter. Then again... you knew that.

rht

I did know that, he put his name all over that crap, but it was just one example of the all the horrible crap Pastor Troy does.

Makkah
09-07-2004, 12:58 AM
PT has some wack shit. I'll concede that point, but in the midst of the bad... he has some really heartfelt shit. Oh Father, Vice Versa, Move To Mars, Eternal Yard Dash, We Ready 2000, We Want Some Answers, etc.

I guess I should have put "Old Pastor Troy" as I did with Triple Six and Skinny because since mainstream has gotten stronger and stronger, many rappers have conformed simply because they have began starving by selling their music out of the trunks of their car at 4-Corners or Campbellton Road. Beware the era of the Internet Rapper.

rht

Drew
09-07-2004, 01:05 AM
I'll download those songs then, I don't know, don't think I've heard them.

Speaking of internet rappers, perfect song for that:
http://www.lyrics.jp/lyrics/A002100020001.asp

Warriorbird
09-07-2004, 10:55 AM
Eh. People have a lot've different tastes in rap. I think a lot of underground stuff tends to be tracks that sound bad by people who aren't talented enough to get signed. At the same time, there's good tracks and under-rated tracks coming out everywhere.

I think I tend to hate "trends" more than artists.

For instance...

The Neptunes either make really bloody great beats...or really indescribably terrible beats and produce really great tracks or really terrible tracks.

Examples.

A. "Grindin'" by the Clipse.
B. "Flap Your Wings" by Nelly

Lil Flip can actually make some amusing tracks. At the same time, his "15 minutes to drop a track" line can prove to be eerily accurate.

Examples.

A. Game Over
B. Sunshine

Shyne's always portrayed himself as gangsta. Stupid enough (or perhaps promised enough cash enough) to take the fall for P. Diddy, he went to jail. That's pretty gangsta. So, he comes out and disses 50 Cent for claiming to be gansta yet singing love songs. Yet, his big single from his new album is about Jimmy Choo shoes and has Ashanti on the hook. WTF, dude!

Examples.

A. "Jimmy Choo" Shyne and Ashanti

50 Cent vs Ja Rule. Ja starts out gutter and then starts singing girly crap. 50 disses Ja, ending his career pretty much. Then 50 starts to sing girly crap as well. This is not a model to emulate, 50. Shyne comes up with the genius idea of dissing 50 for this...while at the same time putting out girly crap himself.

I actually like Lil Jon's production work. (Yes, this could make me a heathen.) At the same time... WTF possesses you to give the same beat to Usher and Petey Pablo?

Why does like every female mainstream rapper these days sound exactly the same? It really isn't all that appealing.

Juvenile's manic-depressive relationship with Cash Money annoys me. In addition, Manny Fresh talking or singing on 95% of the tracks he produces is totally unattractive. He should shut up and make beats.

Jazze Pha making great beats, yet showing up in videos for the beats he's made. This ruins the view of incredibly hot babes especially badly in T.I's, "Let's Get Away."

[Edited on 9-7-2004 by Warriorbird]

DeV
09-07-2004, 11:09 AM
You said Sole. You lose He also loses for having MC Hammer on that list. I guess it would look better if you just said rappers you like. Hammer does not stand up to even the likes of Chingy as sad as that is.

Worst rapper Evar for me is Bizzare. Add to that list Fred Durst, Vanilla Ice..to many to name.

DeV
09-07-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Warriorbird
Why does like every female mainstream rapper these days sound exactly the same? It really isn't all that appealing.
Try some Jean Grae.

Warriorbird
09-07-2004, 11:12 AM
I consider Bizarre more spoken word than rap.

Warriorbird
09-07-2004, 11:13 AM
I've heard her stuff. Not too bad. Notice me saying, "mainstream." however.

DeV
09-07-2004, 11:17 AM
I consider Bizarre more spoken word than rap. It's what its marketed as that counts, and for him, its rap right now. He seriouly sucks at it.

Yeah I noticed you said 'mainstream' for the female rappers, just thought I'd throw her name out there anyway.

Hulkein
09-07-2004, 11:18 AM
it's hovi baby

Warriorbird
09-07-2004, 11:23 AM
It's miraculous how Jay can drop something like, "La La La" (which despite what Rhett says, was awesome) and then turn around and do so badly on the Black Album. Or do something so honest and dope like the "Hell Yeah" remix but then something as pathetic as the "Storm" remix.

Makkah
09-07-2004, 11:26 AM
Juvenile's manic-depressive relationship with Cash Money annoys me. In addition, Manny Fresh talking or singing on 95% of the tracks he produces is totally unattractive. He should shut up and make beats. >>

That was funny, C. And I agree... Manny and Jazzy need to STFU and just stick with beats for CMR and Jody Breeze.

rht

PS: FREE T.I., Free Pimp, Free C-Murder, Free Turk (okay... so the last two are hopeless)

Warriorbird
09-07-2004, 11:27 AM
Yeah. Turk's sorta screwed "Uh, I didn't know it was a crack house! Honest! The other people fired the guns, too!"

Anybody else hear about Jay's stabbing of "Un" Riviera being supposedly faked?

[Edited on 9-7-2004 by Warriorbird]

Makkah
09-07-2004, 11:32 AM
"Plus your man stabbed Un and made you take the blame... your ass went from hangin with Kain to Erv to BIG... and Eminem murdered you on your own shit."

rht

DeV
09-07-2004, 11:35 AM
PS: FREE T.I., Free Pimp, Free C-Murder, Free Turk (okay... so the last two are hopeless) When did TI get locked up and what for?
Luda murdered him on that track with Young Buck.

[Edited on 9-7-2004 by DarkelfVold]

Wezas
09-07-2004, 11:35 AM
Juvenile.

And yes, it's because the boy has more metal in his mouth then my car.

DeV
09-07-2004, 11:39 AM
Lance 'Un' Rivera, record executive, appeared today in the Morning Show on Hot 97 and talked about the 1999 altercation between him and Jay-Z at New York City's Kit Kat Club. Rivera was allegedly stabbed by Jay.

Back then, Jay-Z suspected Rivera of bootlegging copies of his then-unreleased album, Volume 3... Life And Times of S. Carter.
Today, Rivera reveals that this was just a publicity stunt and that he and Jay-Z had planned this incident like 2 businessmen in order to bring hype and promote Hova's upcoming release.

In 1999, Rivera was initially willing to cooperate and testify against Jay-Z, but following the settlement of his $86 million lawsuit against the rapper in January, Rivera had been substantially less helpful. The lawsuit was reportedly settled for less than $1 million. According to prosecutors' court papers, Rivera said "He would either disappear at the time of the trial or testify in a way that would help his friend.

This is hard to believe but we're pretty sure that industry cats are gonna comment about it over the next few days so stay tuned.

Makkah
09-07-2004, 01:29 PM
<<When did TI get locked up and what for?
Luda murdered him on that track with Young Buck. >>

TI's been on lock for the past few months for a buncha parole violations in like Cobb, Dekalb and Fulton counties. And Luda's LAST line in that verse was good, but TI has ripped Luda so many times it's humorous (twice in the SAME song as the one you cite... yes Buck originally recorded the song with TI then later added Luda's verse and took TI's off. Long story.)

rht

DeV
09-07-2004, 01:53 PM
And Luda's LAST line in that verse was good, but TI has ripped Luda so many times it's humorous (twice in the SAME song as the one you cite... yes Buck originally recorded the song with TI then later added Luda's verse and took TI's off. Long story.)

rht I'm sorry, but I must have listened to a whole other song.
All I have to say about this is if you rip someone on a track you don't ask to have your verse removed after the other person drops theirs.

Luda is one of the best punchline rappers around, commercial, yes but he earned it.

Makkah
09-07-2004, 02:03 PM
You don't know the situation... but I can enlighten you if you wish...

Young Buck originally got TI to record the verse to Stomp. Later Buck got Luda to spit a verse and he changed the beat and put both verses on the song. Later still, TI and Luda supposedly squashed the beef and TI suggested that they both take their verses off the song so as to no further propogate their beef to the media. Luda did not want his verse taken off, somewhat pissing TI off. So TI and Grand Hustle claimed rights to TI's verse and thus Buck took the verse off and replaced TI with Game (or fellow Nashville native D-Tay in some versions).

rht

Psykos
09-07-2004, 02:05 PM
NAS

Warriorbird
09-07-2004, 02:09 PM
Who do you like then, Psykos?

DeV
09-07-2004, 02:19 PM
You don't know the situation... but I can enlighten you if you wish...

Young Buck originally got TI to record the verse to Stomp. Later Buck got Luda to spit a verse and he changed the beat and put both verses on the song. Later still, TI and Luda supposedly squashed the beef and TI suggested that they both take their verses off the song so as to no further propogate their beef to the media. Luda did not want his verse taken off, somewhat pissing TI off. So TI and Grand Hustle claimed rights to TI's verse and thus Buck took the verse off and replaced TI with Game (or fellow Nashville native D-Tay in some versions).

rht I already knew most of that. Youngbuck was in Chicago doing a radio interview the first time I heard the song at which time he explained what was going on with Luda and TI. The latter part of what you mentioned is something I just read on a hiphop news sight with Game replacing TI.

Why would Luda want his verse taken off. :?: He spit fire. TI's verse was cool too, but well, he wanted it taken off even though they squashed it which tells you alot.

Makkah
09-07-2004, 02:34 PM
<<TI's verse was cool too, but well, he wanted it taken off even though they squashed it which tells you alot.>>

Yea... it tells you that TI is mature enough to not want the beef anymore. I don't know what you're referring to...

Basically TI is smart enough to know not to fight a multi-front war. Him and Flip are currently battling.

rht

DeV
09-07-2004, 03:04 PM
Yea... it tells you that TI is mature enough to not want the beef anymore. I don't know what you're referring to...rht
Basically TI is smart enough to know not to fight a multi-front war. Him and Flip are currently battling.

rht You don't back out of a beef unless you know you can't win.
Sounds like T.I. punked out of what could have been a nice back and forth exchange with Luda. Beef is what you make of it and it's all good as long as it stays on wax.

Makkah
09-07-2004, 03:16 PM
What in the fuck are you talking about? They BOTH squashed a beef that has been happening for 2+ years. If you knew anything on the matter, you'd know TI has Ludacris whipped on quality and quantity.

rht

"Keep runnin ya teeth, I'ma come and disturb your peace." That alone aired 2 years ago in the Booth of the Bassment.

DeV
09-07-2004, 03:35 PM
What in the fuck are you talking about? They BOTH squashed a beef that has been happening for 2+ years. If you knew anything on the matter, you'd know TI has Ludacris whipped on quality and quantity.

rht

"Keep runnin ya teeth, I'ma come and disturb your peace." That alone aired 2 years ago in the Booth of the Bassment. That's all good but I'm referring directly to this actual song, the one we've both heard called, "Stomp", which prompted T.I. to squash the beef. What is the name of some of the diss songs where they've been taking stabs at each other or are we talking subliminal shit here.

Makkah
09-07-2004, 03:49 PM
"Stomp" didn't promote TI to squash the beef. Where the fuck did you get that?

And TI calls Luda's name out on a lot of mixtapes. Luda's more on the subliminal tip. (no pun)

rht

DeV
09-07-2004, 04:06 PM
"Stomp" didn't promote TI to squash the beef. Where the fuck did you get that?

And TI calls Luda's name out on a lot of mixtapes. Luda's more on the subliminal tip. (no pun)

rht Speculation, Makkah.
No diss songs-
Just what I thought. Subliminal beefs hold no weight. Luda dropped a verse and said fuck the subliminal shit. You tell me why he wouldn't want to have the song released. And regarding the beef with Lil Flip: "For one, why would I diss a gold artist?" he said. "And about the king of the South thing, Scarface is the king of the South. So it's really crazy, but he came at me and I got something for him, so it's all good."

Makkah
09-07-2004, 04:14 PM
Speculation, Makkah.
No diss songs-
Just what I thought. Subliminal beefs hold no weight. Luda dropped a verse and said fuck the subliminal shit.>>

You are honestly the dumbest person I've ever had an ARGUMENT with. Do you even read what I type? If so, were you LYING when you said you heard the same song as me? TI RECORDED THAT VERSE FIRST. HE SPIT LUDA'S NAME ON WAX AS HE HAS MULTIPLE TIMES IN THE PAST.

"Me gettin beat down? That's ludicrous."
"Keep runnin ya teeth, I'ma come and Disturb Your Peace."

And those are only two off the top.

Now what strikes me as funny about the Lil Flip beef... is in an interview right after TI pulled his card ON STAGE at the SAME EVENT, Flip said "I'm not even gonna fuck with retaliating." Then not even a week later, he recorded a weak ass diss song on Tip? Weak.

If Scarface has a problem with TI's self-proclaimed title, Scarface should talk to TI. Hell he HAS. On TI and PSC's new mix tape, they have a taped phone conversation.

rht

DeV
09-07-2004, 04:35 PM
You are honestly the dumbest person I've ever had an ARGUMENT with. Do you even read what I type? If so, were you LYING when you said you heard the same song as me? TI RECORDED THAT VERSE FIRST. HE SPIT LUDA'S NAME ON WAX AS HE HAS MULTIPLE TIMES IN THE PAST.
rht If I'm the dumbest person you've ever had an argument with then consider yourself special. It's a hip hop discussion not an argument.

First things first, give a valid reason why I would need to lie about listening to a funky ass diss song I heard on the radio. The only two times I've heard the song was when Youngbuck did an interview on a radio station in Chicago, which I've already stated. I heard the song, and I heard Luda and TI's verses and I heard what Youngbuck had to say about it. Luda ripped him up in my opinion, you have yours.

When I said speculation I meant I WAS SPECULATING on the reasons and asked your opinion on why you think the beef was squashed. At this point, I could care less.

Makkah
09-07-2004, 06:12 PM
Okay then. Allow me to step back a step and just ask you why you would assume one decent verse with only 3 bars dedicated to hazing TI (2 of which alluded to the same notion that TI isn't worth as much as Ludacris) would squash 2 years worth of mixtape and freestyle disses?

My assumption is that there's quite a bit more behind why it was squashed... maybe TI realized the beef was stupid, maybe Ludacris realized the beef was stupid. Maybe one of them DID punk out. But I just don't see how you can assume TI bowed out due to 3 bars.

rht

DeV
09-07-2004, 06:50 PM
But I just don't see how you can assume TI bowed out due to 3 bars.

rht That is not my assumption just so we're clear. It has to do with the fact that he bowed out of including his verse on the track. It was a nice drop all around, in my opinion, regardless of who I feel came out on top.

09-07-2004, 07:08 PM
Sad that DEV doesn't like D12, they're all about open-mindedness and equality :(

Green and yellow purple -

DeV
09-07-2004, 07:11 PM
Sad that DEV doesn't like D12, they're all about open-mindedness and equality :(

Green and yellow purple - There is no hope for them.

09-07-2004, 07:18 PM
GCI sucks, I'll never forgive them for the cha cha slide

09-07-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by DarkelfVold

Green and yellow purple - There is no hope for them.

I hate how they were on Bugz jock so hard on this new album, trying to sell records over a corpse always seems to mean profit of some kind.

Warriorbird
09-08-2004, 11:57 AM
Yeah. I've liked all of Em's albums as albums...whereas I like some D12 songs...but damn...their albums are terrible as albums.

Makkah
09-11-2004, 03:33 PM
All I got to say, Dark Elf Void...

"99 Problems (Lil Flip Ain't One)" by TIP

rht

DeV
09-11-2004, 04:42 PM
All I got to say, Dark Elf Void...

"99 Problems (Lil Flip Ain't One)" by TIP

rht Awww, damn. I saw "99 Problems" and was thinking of Jayz, classic shit.

Makkah, let me put it to you this way. I honestly don't give care about the beef between Lil Flip and T.I.

Now, if you want to talk best/worst rappers then you've got a discussion.

Makkah
09-11-2004, 04:59 PM
So you're just gonna ignore an excellent diss track?

rht

Makkah
09-11-2004, 05:02 PM
<<Awww, damn. I saw "99 Problems" and was thinking of Jayz, classic shit. >>

ROFL... if you think that song by Jay is a classic... then you have no right to speak on rap. At all.

rht

Iriscience
09-11-2004, 05:14 PM
Jay-Z sucks.

09-11-2004, 07:13 PM
:yeahthat:

DeV
09-11-2004, 07:55 PM
<<Awww, damn. I saw "99 Problems" and was thinking of Jayz, classic shit. >>

ROFL... if you think that song by Jay is a classic... then you have no right to speak on rap. At all.

rht I have no right to speak on rap. :lol: O.K.

Hulkein
09-11-2004, 08:22 PM
I don't know shit about rap but I do know that Makkah cares way too much about it.

Makkah
09-12-2004, 03:38 AM
Such could be said about little nuances within everyone.

rht (who won't even talk about the fact that Hulkein has almost 3000 posts)

[Edited on 9-12-2004 by Makkah]

09-12-2004, 05:55 AM
Jay-z needs to fucking stop

Makkah
09-12-2004, 12:42 PM
Jay Z needed to stop after Volume 2.

rht

DeV
09-12-2004, 05:48 PM
I like Reasonable Doubt. I put it on par with Illmatic.

If you disagree at least reply with a valid reason.

Warriorbird
09-13-2004, 07:27 AM
I like Reasonable Doubt, too... but I always find it funny that that album gets called a classic... yet it's his lesser quality albums that sold. Few people listened to it until them.

Hulkein
09-13-2004, 08:38 AM
Such could be said about little nuances within everyone.

rht (who won't even talk about the fact that Hulkein has almost 3000 posts)

[Edited on 9-12-2004 by Makkah]

Yeah, eight messages a day is a huge amount.

[Edited on 9-13-2004 by Hulkein]

DeV
09-13-2004, 09:57 AM
I like Reasonable Doubt, too... but I always find it funny that that album gets called a classic... yet it's his lesser quality albums that sold. Few people listened to it until them. Same with Illmatic. Look how long it took that album to go platinum, years. They aren't commercial albums and that's why the sales aren't tremendous. Both albums hold alot of weight when it comes to hardcore hip hop fans who aren't into all the commercial hype of most of the shit thats been released lately. Both solid albums in my opinion.

Makkah
09-13-2004, 03:00 PM
I dunno what it is... but I liked Stillmatic more so than Illmatic (even in relative terms as opposed to in retrospect)

rht

Warriorbird
09-13-2004, 04:31 PM
Back to the wack rappers.

Spliff Star
N.O.R.E
Angelous
Juelz Santana (other than Dipset Anthem)
Domination
Fat Joe
Memphis Bleek (so many chances to not be)
Beanie Sigel (pathetic sounding Bon Jovi samples)
Drag-On (no... you aren't X)
Meth's non RZA produced tracks...

Warriorbird
09-15-2004, 05:50 PM
Heh, what the heck. It's not cd quality...but.

T.I "99 Problems and Lil Flip Ain't One."

http://site163.ehostingbiz.net/nynextek/SOHH/drama.ram

09-15-2004, 09:00 PM
The truth by beanie siegel is classic.

Makkah
09-16-2004, 02:00 PM
Yea... Lil Flip ain't wack... I promise.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00007FOJA.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

[Edited on 9-16-2004 by Makkah]

DeV
09-16-2004, 04:00 PM
The truth by beanie siegel is classic. Beanie came through on this album. It's definitely worth purchasing and listening to. He keeps it real and you can't ask for any better than that.