PDA

View Full Version : How much are you making off the Katana scam?

Revalos
09-05-2004, 07:29 AM
And here I wanted to try and come up with a non-controversial headline.

Its despicable that folks would continuously repurchase weapons and then resell them. Its even more despicable that people are even selling information about what exact time they will be picking up their weapon.

So, Xstealth, Aone, and whomever else is abusing this system, how much have you made. I'm really curious.

Don't get started on me about "this isn't abuse." It is, don't deny it.

Folks are saying "Just wait for a while for the frenzy to die down." I have this nagging suspicion that folks have already created scripts for one of their multiple accounts to continue purchasing into the forseeable future, and if they always make a profit on each sale there is no reason to ever stop.

I don't ever plan to own a katana, but I feel for the people that know there's a place to buy one and they can't because a bunch of assholes have locked the purchasing down.

Artha
09-05-2004, 07:37 AM
The current offer is 2 million to buy someone a vultite katana. So...1 million. I have currently made 0.

edit: Also, this is the last time I'll be buying anything there. I'm doing it because I wanted to get a katana I can use (I am), and I wouldn't mind having more than 300k scattered around.
Will I be doing this in the forseeable future? No.
I'd also like to make it clear that I'm not advertising. I mention I can do it, people start offering money. I start saying Ok.

[Edited on 9-5-2004 by Artha]

edit2:

Its despicable that folks would continuously repurchase weapons and then resell them.

I'm not doing this. I'm giving my mithril one to someone who I know will appreciate and use it. I'm keeping the vaalorn one.

Its even more despicable that people are even selling information about what exact time they will be picking up their weapon.

Not doing this either.
edit3: Oh wait, yes I am. My b.
edit4: Well, sort of. I'm offering to make sure someone gets something next. So only 1 person will know the exact time.

Cayge
09-05-2004, 07:46 AM
Im so uphauled Aone, how can you sleep at [mid evening] night? Give me money now.

[Edited on 9-5-2004 by Cayge]

Nieninque
09-05-2004, 07:46 AM
Uphauled... :lol:

Celexei
09-05-2004, 07:51 AM
some people just.....

Klaive at life.

Good thing yer not one of em Artha, i support whatever it is ya need to do. Yaye for making money!

fallenSaint
09-05-2004, 07:55 AM
More power to anyone doing it ... effects me none from them profiting off it because its simply other people being lazy.

Artha
09-05-2004, 07:56 AM
I see it as no different than selling alter slots.

edit: Also, if I wanted to be abusing it, I'd be buying steel tantos and making the other person agree to tell me when they're picking it up. That'd be abuse.

Revalos
09-05-2004, 09:09 AM
I suppose it really is no different than sitting in line 3 days ahead of time at a concert and buying a ton of prime tickets then reselling them all for immense profit, or giving some to your friends. You can't assume either way, but the folks waiting in line that find out the concert is sold out are pissed regardless.

You got there first, you have your rights to do what you want.

It is still despicable in my mind.

It at least sounds that what you are doing, Artha, is better than what I expected.

Brattt8525
09-05-2004, 10:39 AM
I am slightly confused about this, someone wanna U2U me and explain it? I heard they were selling them somewhere IG. I would love to get my rogue one, but one I don't know where it is, and second I am confused at why there is a scam...if its a merchant selling them.

Tara :bleh:

Artha
09-05-2004, 10:53 AM
It's not really a scam.

There's a merchant in Whistler's Pass who makes and sells magic metal katanas (and other asian weapons). However, he only does work for 2 people at a time, and starts doing work for others as soon as one of the two gets a weapon. Myself, and I guess Xstealth were fast enough to be one of the two first, and thus sort of control the magic metal katana market. I don't really care all that much though, so I'm offering to do my best to ensure someone gets their weapon next. Instead of them camping, they pay me.

Kitsun
09-05-2004, 10:57 AM
There's an Erithian weaponsmith set up on the trial from Landing to Illistim. He is a retired smith and only makes weapons for 'friends'. So you have to wait for him to give you a task to become his friend.

Even if you are his friend, he is only able to make a few weapons at once. People that are currently getting things made have priority in the system because of how it works. Simply, they can snag their item when they want, free up the queue for an instant and either get something else done or give up the slot to someone else. Effectively blocking anyone NEW from getting to the line unless they specifically want them to.

This is NOT a traditional off the shelf merchant. Think of it as a very, very tight list with everything weighted against you.

I agree with Revalos, the weaponsmith is NEVER going to have a light load while people can pull a profit off it. Easy money has, does and will bring out the ugly.

Edaarin
09-05-2004, 11:00 AM
I'd probably milk the shit out of this merchant if I were either Xstealth or Aone. But then again I'd probably be too fucking lazy to bother doing the tasks.

Artha
09-05-2004, 11:10 AM
I've thought about it, but I think it'll be much more satisfying to prove those 'Oh, he got in first. He's obviously going to start reselling stuff and monopolizing it' people wrong.

StrayRogue
09-05-2004, 11:18 AM
LOL, jealous idiots. Anyone in the position to earn a bit of money would do it. Anyone who wouldn't is either too moral for their own good, or stupid.

StrayRogue
09-05-2004, 11:19 AM
Just to add, why all the whining? I'm betting less than 20% of the GS community can even use a katana properly. Atleast everyone WILL have a chance to get one.

Nieninque
09-05-2004, 11:25 AM
If Aone gives up his place to make money off it, the next person will do it.

Suck it up

Kitsun
09-05-2004, 11:27 AM
Just to clarify, I wasn't trying to flame Aone or anyone else currently snagging stuff. If I were in their position, the very least I would do is make sure a friend that wanted to be would be in line next. I do believe that the system is pretty busted when it can let people bottle up the NPC. But that is a system issue and not a player issue.

The ones that are really whining are the people parked in the hut. The ones that have been sitting there like mindless drones for the past week since this thing was released.

Personally I'd think they'd have better luck getting the lo down from the people in line rather than hoping for random chance to let them in.

theotherjohn
09-05-2004, 11:28 AM
This is just another example of Simu pushing shit that doesnt even need to be in the game in the first place in being.

They really need to hire someone who thinks about the good of the game instead of attracting new customers.

theotherjohn
09-05-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Revalos
Don't get started on me about "this isn't abuse." It is, don't deny it.

It is not abuse it is working exactly as created.

Fucked up

StrayRogue
09-05-2004, 11:30 AM
If you don't like it, which you apparently don't, you're free to fuck off. Khaladon said it best: They are damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Revalos
09-05-2004, 11:31 AM
Artha, you are monopolizing it. Even if you give it to your friends, even if you aren't making money. By controlling it or only giving it to people you deem worthy, you are leaving out all the other people.

If you would just get a damn weapon done and let other people use the service, there wouldn't be any whining.

You know as well as I do, this mechanic will be changed to stop this, probably doing something stupid like limiting weapons to one per person, or changing how the order mechanics work. It will be changed because it was not intended that a group of PCs control an NPC market.

Kitsun
09-05-2004, 11:32 AM
How can you toss that release under a "Customer Hunter" category? Do people really run from game to game looking for a purchasable katana? The cheapest one I saw was a few million. Hardly in range or accessibility for any new player.

The merchant was set up because of current player demand for magic metal katanas.

Artha
09-05-2004, 11:32 AM
It's not really fucked up. This thing has possible 8x weapons (the vultite naginatas) and 4x heavily crit weighted OHE/THWs (vultite katanas). That'd be really...un-Simuish to release 8x weapons and 4x HC weighted weapons off the shelf.

edit: For anyone interested, the current offer is 1.5 million. This is the best merchant ever.

StrayRogue
09-05-2004, 11:34 AM
Agreed. And they've already posted saying how the current system is going to plan. It won't be changed, I don't think. People will always monopolize. Thats how some people get rich, and others stay poor. Aone, I'd be doing exactly what you're doing, if I were in your position.

Skirmisher
09-05-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
If you don't like it, which you apparently don't, you're free to fuck off. Khaladon said it best: They are damned if they do, damned if they don't.

You are incorrect.

They are damned if they do it in a crappy manner as they have.

And they are damned if they don't actually think about how things will play out as they clearly have not in this case.

I agree...is Aone doesnt do that someone else will so its the fault of the system and its creators....not the players in this case.

StrayRogue
09-05-2004, 11:42 AM
I was referring to TOJ's endless "hassle SIMU crusade". They can't do any right in his eyes. What makes me laugh is he continues to pay them for their services *shrug*.

Anyone got any better ideas how to mass release high quality weaponry without it floading the market? A way that isn't abusable? Or perhaps they should take away the merchant altogether. Let us be happy with our shitty 0x katana's?

Artha
09-05-2004, 11:43 AM
I agree...is Aone doesnt do that someone else will so its the fault of the system and its creators....not the players in this case.

Wrong. It's the fault of people being willing to pay extra. If nobody wanted to pay, I'd just get my work done and then let the least AFK camper go for it. But people want to give me money, and who am I to argue with that?

Kitsun
09-05-2004, 11:47 AM
Have the re-order time based off a random die roll of 48 hours after the weapon is finished being made. NOT when the order is picked up.

The person buying the item still has the advantage of knowing when, approximately, it will be ready. But it becomes an open free for all instead of a bottlenecked queue for the slot.

StrayRogue
09-05-2004, 11:50 AM
Easily scriptable, and again people will whine about it being "unfair".

Gan
09-05-2004, 11:54 AM
I'm just going to wait until the fever dies down and more merchant slots open up or the rush of impatient katana collectors fades.

In the end its just another blade, albiet a nice one, but its not like my characters can't hunt without one as it is.

Perhaps SIMU should have released these weapons specific to each character so it could not be mass sold or abused the way it seems to be being abused now - is that realistic? No, but just how realistic should a fantasy text based game be anyways? That however, is another topic for another thread.

StrayRogue
09-05-2004, 11:56 AM
Agreed Ganalon. In a year, I'm betting the damn thing will be empty. Be greatful. They decided to make the quest ones unattunable because they thought it would be nicer to make them available off the shelf. I'd rather have the CHANCE to get a 4x katana, than be stuck with a 0x shitty one that no one else can wield.

Artha
09-05-2004, 12:02 PM
Perhaps SIMU should have released these weapons specific to each character so it could not be mass sold

If that's how it was, then I'd do exactly what I'm doing now. Except instead of saying 'and then whatever you want to do with it afterwards, go ahead' I'd say 'and then when it's done, tell me so I can go get something else.' Eventually, I'm sure someone wouldn't tell me. But I'd make enough money to have it be worth it. And I'd have more steel tantos than anyone else.

theotherjohn
09-05-2004, 12:16 PM
I was referring to TOJ's endless "hassle SIMU crusade". They can't do any right in his eyes. What makes me laugh is he continues to pay them for their services *shrug*.

Anyone got any better ideas how to mass release high quality weaponry without it floading the market? A way that isn't abusable? Or perhaps they should take away the merchant altogether. Let us be happy with our shitty 0x katana's?

Name one other post of mine other than the complaints about the official board that is about Simu in a negative way

I continue to pay to play to be with my friends.

why have katanas at all? 0x or high enchant. I am against the entire eastern monk, ninja bullshit including katanas that Simu is currently doing.

I know why doesnt Simu release light sabers to get new customers that will watch the new star war's movie. I mean we have aliens already in the game so it is not that far a logical leap:rolleyes:

Brattt8525
09-05-2004, 12:16 PM
Not sure why people are so upset. I am one who does not have the time, or the desire to camp out at something like this.....thus paying someone to do it for me is WELL worth the measely silvers it will cost.

My time is better spent doing what I enjoy, period. Tho...right now training in lock mastery....I think sitting mindlessly in a merchant shop is looking much more fun! :D

Jonty
09-05-2004, 12:19 PM
Even if you had time to capm out... you wouldn't get it.

Artha
09-05-2004, 12:19 PM
Time is money. You could probably make more hunting in the week that it takes for katana to be made than you pay for one.

StrayRogue
09-05-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Artha
Time is money. You could probably make more hunting in the week that it takes for katana to be made than you pay for one.

You mean in a few hours.

Artha
09-05-2004, 12:24 PM
If you can make 1-1.5 million in a few hours, I will be very very impressed.

Drew
09-05-2004, 12:40 PM
Like I said to him, at least with Artha "controlling" it I'll have a chance to get a katana myself, if it was someone else I know I'd never get a chance because they'd just sit on their order until they got someone to pay a ridiculous fee for it.

Bobmuhthol
09-05-2004, 01:39 PM
Whoever started this thread is just a pissy little bitch.

Amaron
09-05-2004, 01:53 PM
There should have been limits in place.

I hope the gm's fix the problem...

J

Axhinde
09-05-2004, 01:55 PM
If I had a cash cow opportunity much like Artha's, I'd take full advantage of it also. It's called supply and demand, you gotta decide just how bad you want one. Why should he just give up his control of the market simply because one person feels they deserve a good deed? Sorry Mr. Perfect, life just doesn't work that way...why should Gemstone?

Bobmuhthol
09-05-2004, 02:03 PM
I've been given items that, after a while, I just can't use or carry any more. They sell for a few hundred thousand more than the 0 I paid. Did I just scam someone? Should I be stopped? That person who willingly and ultimately gave me money must feel pretty used right now. It's all a crazy plot to get money from people.

Oh wait, just kidding. If someone says, "Here's a million silver, get me a vultite katana," then you're a douchebag for complaining about it.

Artha
09-05-2004, 02:07 PM
The current bid is now 2 million.

There should have been limits in place.

This whole thread is the result of the limits in place.

Bobmuhthol
09-05-2004, 02:08 PM
Oh, while you're at it, you can complain that Ardwen is selling a Snakestone conversion ticket in his shop. He is the root of all evil in GemStone I guess.

Xstealth
09-05-2004, 02:15 PM
Revalos and everyone else accusing me of abusing the merchant better get your fuckin facts straight. I am not cornering any markets or abusing the way this mechanic works. I happened to be in the nations the day it was released and went over to check it out. I simply went down the question list and he gave me a task.

Yes I got a katana only because I had a wakizashi. I figured I would make a couple silvers on it before they get any more common.

I didn't get back on the list or set it up for a friend to get on the list. I haven't been manipulating the market with other accounts either.

I take it to heart when some accuses me of abusing the mechanics of the game. And it really pisses me off.

All in all, don't accuse me unless you have solid proof of anything going on.

The fact some people get this snippy about a game is a good documentary about how shallow their lives really are.

Artha
09-05-2004, 02:21 PM
I take it to heart when some accuses me of abusing the mechanics of the game. And it really pisses me off.

What I'm doing is much closer to abuse than what you're doing (edit: and most people here don't seem to think it's abuse), don't worry about it.

StrayRogue
09-05-2004, 02:43 PM
Yep, its just a bunch of jealous little babies.

Percocet
09-05-2004, 02:44 PM
Whether or not a player thinks it's abuse, is entirely up to the player to decide. Does it matter what the fuck the player comes up with? Not in any hell on any plane of existence. The point of complaining? ... So all you faery liberals can acquire equality and happiness.

The plain and simple fact of the matter is this: That specific katana merchant has a certain mechanic in place that works with specific limitations for the purchase of its wears.

Quite honestly, I don't see how it's abuse if it's implimented in to the game the way it is and being used the way it was programmed to be used.

For the production team to determine whether or not this is "abuse", they have to look at their coding and decide on whether or not how the system is being used is against their intentions upon releasing it. For example, in an FPS if there was a sniper hole that a sniper could somehow wedge himself inside the wall and be able to fire people outside, without being seen at all (cough, CS, cough)... that is obviously not the intent of the hole... and is game abuse.

MMORPG's have patches and fixes for this. Don't like it? Great! Don't use it! Wait for them to change it. You've probably been using the same damn weapon for the past (insert 60% of your levels here) of your GS career, I'm sure you can wait a little flippin' longer!

In the mean time, go cap your fucking character and wait for the next big hype to be released so you can be the first to "abuse" that one.

Meanwhile, I'm gonna take this shortsword from this kobold and continue to level my ass up.

:nutty:

Bobmuhthol
09-05-2004, 02:47 PM
On an unrelated note, I'm going to start playing CS again right now.

Percocet
09-05-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol

If I didn't reformat my computer I'd meet you there.

Meos
09-05-2004, 02:51 PM
Socom is better.

Artha
09-05-2004, 02:53 PM

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

HarmNone
09-05-2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Percocet The point of complaining? ... So all you faery liberals can acquire equality and happiness.

Heh. This gave me quite a giggle.

I'm one of those "faery liberals" and I see absolutely no abuse here. Funny, ain't it? :D

HarmNone, faery liberal with weird ideas

[Edited on 9-5-2004 by HarmNone]

Percocet
09-05-2004, 03:06 PM
:smilegrin:

edit: That's ok, your weird faery liberal ideas only stem from the fact that you're a woman. :smug:

edit2: grammar
edit3: more grammar!
[Edited on 9-5-2004 by Percocet]

Snapp
09-05-2004, 03:17 PM
It isn't abuse, obviously, or else the GMs would have interfered or set more limits. No, I know it's not fair, but life ain't fair. (BTW, I want one of those vultite nagintas! :( )

HarmNone
09-05-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Percocet
:smilegrin:

edit: That's ok, your weird faery liberal ideas only stem from the fact that you're a woman. :smug:

Heh. Tsa`ah is going to be tickled pink to hear that's from whence liberal ideas spring! :lol:

HarmNone, hiding and watching

Percocet
09-05-2004, 03:24 PM
:whistle:

Artha
09-05-2004, 03:59 PM
Revalos, I'd like to thank you for making this thread.

The current bid is now 3m

Revalos
09-05-2004, 04:40 PM
You're welcome Artha.

My fairy communist ideals have been shattered by lassiez faire capitalism, I am converted, behold the right of the First.

I live in a different world.

Percocet
09-05-2004, 05:25 PM
I win!

Nakiro
09-06-2004, 01:01 AM
This thread, much like the katana itself in gemstone, is retarded.

Jolena
09-06-2004, 01:46 AM
I just want a katana for my IG son to use.. /le sigh. Guess I'll have to wait a year for this whole hooplah (sp?) to die down. Cause I'm definately NOT paying 3 million or even 50K to get in line. *shrugs* Have fun boys.

Bobmuhthol
09-06-2004, 01:47 AM
What's wrong with the katanas from the quest?

Nakiro
09-06-2004, 01:56 AM
They don't hit magical creatures.

Bobmuhthol
09-06-2004, 01:57 AM
Neither do claidhmores, and I've never used any other weapon in GSIV.

Nakiro
09-06-2004, 01:59 AM
I guess if you want to hunt cyclopes, you'll pay extra for the magicalness.

Other than that, I have no clue. Maybe the preference for crit weighting over damage weighting?

Jolena
09-06-2004, 01:59 AM
the katana's from the quest are 0x and have the same amount of weighting as the ones from the shop on Whistlers pass, but it's damage vs. crit. to my knowledge. So.. in answer to your question, I only want a higher enchanted one to give him more AS. And yeah, they hit magical creatures.

[Edited on 9-6-2004 by Jolena]

Bobmuhthol
09-06-2004, 02:05 AM
You swing a katana at a rolton!
AS: +83 vs DS: -35 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +65 = +222
... and hit for 115 points of damage!
Powerful slash leaves the rolton without a left leg!
The rolton lets out a final agonized bleat and dies.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

9 45 Powerful slash leaves the critter without a left leg!

115 - 45 = 70.

70 / 122 = .57377
2H Katana .575 .425 .400 .325 .210 6 S 75/225

Why do people listen to bullshit? KATANAS ARE CRIT WEIGHTED.

Meos
09-06-2004, 02:27 AM
What's the deal with the Naginatas?

Kitsun
09-06-2004, 02:58 AM
As far as I know, no one has bothered buying a naginata from the hut yet. I believe people are assuming they're ebladable.

Pallon
09-06-2004, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by Meos

For 1.5 mil, they better be crit weighted like katanas

theotherjohn
09-06-2004, 04:42 AM

I am sorry none of your characters that you play were ever old enough that only magical creatures remain to hunt

StrayRogue
09-06-2004, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by Pallon

For 1.5 mil, they better be crit weighted like katanas

Why? Off the shelf stuff has always been overpriced. Look at the 4x plate in the armory.

StrayRogue
09-06-2004, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by theotherjohn

I am sorry none of your characters that you play were ever old enough that only magical creatures remain to hunt

Well, he's only ever bought one high level character. You should have said you've never MADE a character that was that high a level. But then, that would be true of you, as well.

Pallon
09-06-2004, 06:45 AM
Why? Off the shelf stuff has always been overpriced. Look at the 4x plate in the armory.

That's a helluva markup, even for some of the GMs. I'd hate to be the guy that pays 1.5 million for a 3k naginata from the Landing backroom

[Edited on 9-6-2004 by Pallon]

theotherjohn
09-06-2004, 11:03 AM

Originally posted by theotherjohn

Well, he's only ever bought one high level character. You should have said you've never MADE a character that was that high a level. But then, that would be true of you, as well.

Shay is not high level and besides uses a bow.

and before you contiue your little snipes That was a sincere sorry. Bob the warrior would be a blast at high levels. All warriors are.

I am also glad people dont remember who I was before I paid the 5 bucks to change my account to TOJ.

Artha
09-06-2004, 11:07 AM
My bet is that the naginatas have the enchant of the metal +20.

Drew
09-06-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Artha
My bet is that the naginatas have the enchant of the metal +20.

Natural +40 would be nice, but would still be missing the flares... worth it? Unless they were crit-weighted, I'm not so sure.

Brimz
09-06-2004, 09:32 PM
Curious what do those Katana's look like from this merchant?

I haven't really cared about anything in game ever since I left it to go back to college...

Anyone fill me in? If its nice looking I'll consider getting one but if its ugly the hell with it...

Simutronic's is stupid anyway... they said they will only release a few and keep the rare but now look at it... Everyone in their fucken grandmother will have a katana in a month or so...

Same with the runestaves... but hey whatever... thats why I left heh I just got sick of them saying one thing and doing something totally off the tangent the next...

Jonty
09-06-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Drew
Natural +40 would be nice, but would still be missing the flares... worth it? Unless they were crit-weighted, I'm not so sure.

If it's blessable... I'd say it's worth it.

Bobmuhthol
09-06-2004, 09:51 PM
Vultite naginatas were previously released.

They were 4x.

Drew
09-06-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Jonty

If it's blessable... I'd say it's worth it.

Oh, definately hadn't thought about that.

And yeah Bob I guess the thought was that these might be somehow different because of the price.

Why? Off the shelf stuff has always been overpriced.

I think you were referring to if these things were 4x and not crit weighted they would be over priced, but for a 4x HCW two hander, able to hit magic critters, one million is not overpriced IMO, even if it is a katana.

Artha
09-06-2004, 11:38 PM
Curious what do those Katana's look like from this merchant?

You tap a mithril katana.

>l mith kat
You see nothing unusual.

AnticorRifling
09-07-2004, 08:45 AM
I've purchased naginatas from other merchants I have a vultite and an ora one. Both are not ebladable and both hold the enchant of the metal. Not sure if they are flaring, blessable, etc. Didn't care just put them in my locker.

I'll buy one of the ones from this merchant when I get a chance just because I'm curious.

StrayRogue
09-07-2004, 08:54 AM
I'm betting the naginata's are the base material and nothing else.

Warriorbird
09-07-2004, 10:42 AM
1. There's more slots than two.
2. If you get annoyed by cultural items in GS, you ought to quit, TOJ. There's a hell of a lot more unbased stuff. There's a hell of a lot of other more stupid stuff with a basis (reivers and Highlander crap) (This line was in the tone of most of your posts so I could communicate on your level.)
3. The wait sure sucks, but I'm glad to have enchanted katanas off the shelf. It may keep me in the game when breakage comes.
4. As far as I can tell, the only ones trying to profiteer here are a bunch of people sitting there trying to script and failing.
5. It'll get much easier once people get a clue.

Meos
09-07-2004, 12:27 PM
s>l my tick
It looks like a receipt for a vultite katana from The Warrior Sabizki. Judging by the date, it should be ready in about xxx hours.

:D and I didn't have to pay anyone 3 million silvers.

Parkbandit
09-07-2004, 01:08 PM
Socom is better.

So is Castle Wolfenstein.

Hey, what's your name on Socom?

Artha
09-07-2004, 04:37 PM
There is some sort of limit in place to prevent someone controlling the market now.

Meos
09-07-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit

So is Castle Wolfenstein.

Hey, what's your name on Socom?

Should gimme an IM whenever your down to play. Handle is GADDY, normaly playin in central... If you think you can hang :smug:

Revalos
09-07-2004, 09:45 PM
As expected.

gsmustsell
11-02-2005, 08:09 AM
Ok, now that everyone can buy a magical katana, where in the blazes is this merchant located?

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Fallen
11-02-2005, 08:58 AM
Near Ta'Illistim...I think, in Whistler's pass. I could be totally wrong though.

Warriorbird
11-02-2005, 09:03 AM
Sabizki's in a shack on the road. He's so very Hattori Hanzo.

Amaron
11-02-2005, 02:19 PM
Going to go make a faenor wakhazi (sp) so I can alter it for my erithian to match his katana... I have been waiting forever to be able to do this!

J

Atlanteax
11-02-2005, 03:26 PM
I expect that everyone will be happy that Sabizki's katana shop is no longer able to be monopolized.

This was a necessary change.

Kitsun
11-02-2005, 03:27 PM
I'm a bit surprised that they're going to allow an endless supply of 4x heavily crit weighted two handers into the game.

Amaron
11-02-2005, 03:29 PM
I am too but I have a nice faenor katana I won at a raffle thats 5x. I just want a smaller sword to match and I couldn't get in there...

Not sure why so many.. either

Janarth
11-02-2005, 03:32 PM
woah, I didn't know they were heavily crit weighted. Is that true of all katanas?

Atlanteax
11-02-2005, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Kitsun
I'm a bit surprised that they're going to allow an endless supply of 4x heavily crit weighted two handers into the game.

My guess would be that Staff got tired of having to deal with all the complaints of how it is being monopolized, and players are being denied a fair opportunity to acquire one (without having to deal with a PC hiking the price on them).

I haven't checked the prices, but from what I read of the Announcement, I believe that the prices of the katanas were increased.

Gigantuous
11-02-2005, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Amaron
Going to go make a faenor wakhazi (sp) so I can alter it for my erithian to match his katana... I have been waiting forever to be able to do this!

J

Just curious, are you wanting the 2nd weapon for RP purposes?

Cause I thought you couldn't wield a katana and another weapon simultaneously.

Bobmuhthol
11-02-2005, 05:29 PM
You definitely can't do two katanas, not sure about small weapons.

StrayRogue
11-02-2005, 05:32 PM
Unless they are old style katana's.

Bobmuhthol
11-02-2005, 05:40 PM
Making them not really katanas, but yes.

Kitsun
11-02-2005, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Janarth
woah, I didn't know they were heavily crit weighted. Is that true of all katanas?

Only the new style ones.

mgoddess
11-02-2005, 06:16 PM
Yes, you can duel-wield a katana and a smaller weapon (shortsword or dagger's only, I believe).

StrayRogue
11-02-2005, 06:17 PM
Unless it's a new style katana.

Latrinsorm
11-02-2005, 06:31 PM
(real) Katanas cannot be used in the left hand.

(real) Katanas can be used in the right hand with something in the left hand (shield, second weapon) for a small AS penalty, assuming one is fully trained in both OHE and THW.

Heavy crit weighting really isn't all that great, and neither are katanas. That's my guess as to why they're allowed off the shelf.

Artha
11-02-2005, 07:17 PM
They're pretty good THW ambushers, if you've got a magic metal one. Accurate and fast, with the crit weighting and an alright DF against most armors.

Warriorbird
11-02-2005, 07:29 PM
They're also great for mstriking. I think they're pretty solid weapons.

With that said, there's almost no reason at all to swing them one handed. Ever.

Apotheosis
11-02-2005, 08:29 PM
I'm surprised it took them that long to do this.

I don't think it will unbalance the game in any way, however. Heavy crit weighting never was that great since the new "crit" system came into play.

Ah, what do I care? 4 months away from GS, and still surviving.

Amaron
11-03-2005, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Gigantuous

Originally posted by Amaron

J

Just curious, are you wanting the 2nd weapon for RP purposes?

Cause I thought you couldn't wield a katana and another weapon simultaneously.

You can do a katana and smaller weapon.. so I will make an erithian short sword...

why?

I won a beautiful faenor katana in a raffle. its is named with an awesome show and I had the erithian scripts added...

I have a greame harness for 2 weapons I am altering and I wanted the smaller weapon to be faenor, then I will enchant it up and have it altered and scripted hopefully in the long term..

I built the whole background for my ertithian warrior around this katana show... and his weapon training..

so anyway partly for RP and partly because of his training.

J

Gigantuous
11-03-2005, 09:08 PM
Right on.