PDA

View Full Version : Beginning Paladin getting smashed

SimDawg
10-13-2013, 12:43 PM
Hey just came back to the game after a long time, I've never played anything remotely square like. Mostly wizards/sorcs and a rogue thrown in.

I'm doing this MA thing with a paladin and a warmage duo, except my paladin is getting creamed. This could be because my warmage is a couple levels higher at the moment, but it's just really not even close, and the paladin is getting my little wizard spells to help. I'm thinking I just need to get some crazy enchanted armor or something.

Both are THW, here's the skill list for my Paladin. Any tweaks to help me get started without resorting to sword/boarding my Pally?

(at level 7), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 82 18
Combat Maneuvers...................| 45 9
Two-Handed Weapons.................| 82 18
Multi Opponent Combat..............| 25 5
Physical Fitness...................| 82 18
Dodging............................| 45 9
Harness Power......................| 45 9

Spell Lists
Minor Spiritual....................| 1

Spell Lists
Paladin............................| 7

mrjrd222
10-13-2013, 01:19 PM
At low levels you need to stance dance or you'll get smashed using THW.

Aluvius
10-13-2013, 07:21 PM
Try to get mass spells until the wizard can cast them. Also, small statues especially once the wizard can charge them. The wizard can eventually make him imbeddables, too.

dszabo
10-13-2013, 08:15 PM
Try polearms also, for the extra DS. I have to hunt in forward stance most of the time to remain safe as a warrior at level 13 with no spells.

muyakslayer
10-14-2013, 02:01 PM
I have the same setup only my Wiz is a little behind my pally. I hunted the pally alone and what helped me was working on CoL early on and i had 3LVL of minor to get the defensive spell. With CoL going full time and spell up from my own spells let me hunt same leveled pretty easy. I did stance dance a little too. with my mini spell up buddy i hunt stance adv or off the whole time.

What are you hunting? I would think with a higher lvl wiz you should be owning things.....