PDA

View Full Version : Gank stories

Drew
10-11-2013, 11:44 AM
Post your gank stories here.

Had a good escape yesterday. I was ratting in an ishtar and a cyclone got the drop on me with a long point. I use 100mn afterburner Ishtar so I can do about 850m/s. I put my wasp IIs on the cyclone but I was still getting out damaged because he was shooting in my EM resist hole. I put my alt in a vexor navy issue in warp towards me then went about trying to save my ishtar. I turned my ship roughly the opposite direction of where I intended to warp out to (if I could break the point) then waited as my oversized afterburner chugged up to speed. I was getting into mid armor while he was in low shields. As I got near top speed he was keeping up with me decently (about 12km behind). I turned my afterburner off and as soon as it cycled I clicked my ship in the exact opposite direction I was going. With the AB off and my mass much lower I whipped around pretty quick. I was now facing my intended warp out direction. I flipped my AB back on and watched. Sure enough he was mid AB/MWD cycle and started making a big looping turn because of the extra mass. I was able to slingshot past him, break the warp disruptor range and warped out in low structure.

http://i.imgur.com/oT3jo51.png

My alt landed on field just as my main warped out, I put warrior IIs on him and he decided he was now on the losing end of this fight and he bugged out. Pretty fun fight, considering most ganks are exceedingly boring.

Also I went down to Curse later to camp Test in and we got in a 5 way fight where we took down a triple-A dreadnaught along with about a dozen oracles trying to save it. http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=19960013

Narthsin
10-11-2013, 01:25 PM
A group of us were doing some wormhole roaming and snuck up on a miner, and started camping while we all setup to see if anyone else would show up, or if he were bait.

We all got setup, had a Loki, 2x Proteus, Pilgrim and Arazu all stealthed on the guy.

Suddenly a Catalyst jumped into the wh and headed straight to the miner, and a proteus and falcon unstealthed on the miner at the same time, and started shooting at it.

Realizing they weren't with the miner, we made the call and attacked. We downed the falcon with the Pilgrim and Arazu, with damps on the Proteus, while our Loki and Proteus pair got all of them scrammed, and started taking down the enemy Proteus. After the falcon dropped, the Proteus had no repair and dropped quickly to all 5 of us, and the Catalyst was wiped up easy.

Hilariously, the miner we were all targeting got out during the fight. Lucky sap.

Drew
10-11-2013, 03:16 PM
That miner must have shit his drawers.