PDA

View Full Version : Ensorcell Question

masrulez
10-06-2013, 07:51 PM
Can you ensorcell a runestaff that already has merchant-sold or natural acuity? For example, could you take a 4x staff with natural 2x acuity (4x/2x) and bring it up to t5 to make it 4x/7x? Thanks.

Also, can ensorcelled weapons be player enchanted, and if so, is it more difficult/expensive as a result of the ensorcell?

Whirlin
10-06-2013, 08:06 PM
Acuity is a flare, Ensorcell is it's own slot.

It can be 4x enchanted, 4x acuity, with T5 Ensorcell. The ensorcell will not add to acuity.

masrulez
10-06-2013, 08:19 PM
Acuity is a flare, Ensorcell is it's own slot.

It can be 4x enchanted, 4x acuity, with T5 Ensorcell. The ensorcell will not add to acuity.

From Krakki: "If the beneficiary of the flare is full on the resource that would otherwise be returned, they gain a temporary +5AS/+3CS bonus on their next attack per tier of ensorcellment on the item that caused the flare."

When the temporary +5AS/+3CS bonus on the next attack occurs in this situation, does it stack with the acuity flare bonus? Am I wrong that 4X acuity means flares that channel (15% of the time or so) that give a +5AS/+3CS bonus per X, so in this case, 4x acuity flares would be +20AS/+12CS? Alternatively, are the flares completely separate and you have roughly equal chances to take advantage of an acuity flare as an ensorcell flare? Sorry I am confused.

Whirlin
10-06-2013, 08:28 PM
Supposedly, all flares have a 12.5% rate, except Bard Air Flares.

If you get the AS/CS boost from Ensorcell, it will stack with Acuity.

masrulez
10-06-2013, 08:39 PM
Supposedly, all flares have a 12.5% rate, except Bard Air Flares.

If you get the AS/CS boost from Ensorcell, it will stack with Acuity.

Thanks, Whirlin. Sweet!
Do you know if:
1) the ensorcell tier and/or;
2) the acuity; affects the difficulty of further player-enchanting the item? Is a 4x/4x weapon as difficult to player-enchant up to 5x/4x as a plain 4x weapon to 5x? Similarly, is a 4x t5 weapon more difficult to further enchant than a plain 4x weapon? I know padding/weighting affects how difficult it is to succesfully add an ensorcell tier, so I'm wondering if existing ensorcell tiers or acuity flares affect enchanting difficulty the same way.

Whirlin
10-06-2013, 11:08 PM
Acuity is a flare, just like a drake falchion's flares. It cannot be further wizard enchanted.

If you can provide me an exact calculation on likelihood to succeed a wizard enchant, that would be a great starting point to at least begin to determine the impact...
GMs said it made it more difficult to enchant an item that has been ensorcelled... that's about all we know.

masrulez
10-06-2013, 11:13 PM
Acuity is a flare, just like a drake falchion's flares. It cannot be further wizard enchanted.

If you can provide me an exact calculation on likelihood to succeed a wizard enchant, that would be a great starting point to at least begin to determine the impact...
GMs said it made it more difficult to enchant an item that has been ensorcelled... that's about all we know.

I understand on the ensorcell part. My question for weapons with acuity flares is does having the flares make enchanting harder? So, is it harder to go 4x-5x enchant on a weapon with acuity flares than on a standard 4x weapon with no acuity flares. Thanks.

rolfard
10-06-2013, 11:15 PM
wizards cannot enchant flaring runestaffs, including acuity flaring runestaffs. no wizard can enchant your staff but sorcerers CAN ensorcell it. the flares may make it more difficult to ENSORCELL.

PS, YOU CAN"T ENCHANT IT

masrulez
10-06-2013, 11:17 PM
wizards cannot enchant flaring runestaffs, including acuity flaring runestaffs. no wizard can enchant your staff but sorcerers CAN ensorcell it. the flares may make it more difficult to ENSORCELL.

PS, YOU CAN"T ENCHANT IT

Can I enchant it? /jk

Thanks for the help. I've managed to get by in GS for a long time without knowing some basic mechanics. Trying to fill in some gaps.

Jeril
10-06-2013, 11:20 PM
Perhaps he means the acuity flares from ensorcelling said weapon? Because if not I am rather confused anyway as weapons don't have acuity as a flare option.

masrulez
10-07-2013, 12:08 AM
Perhaps he means the acuity flares from ensorcelling said weapon? Because if not I am rather confused anyway as weapons don't have acuity as a flare option.

I meant staves, not weapons generally, but I have my answer now.