PDA

View Full Version : Sammu

Sharnath
09-29-2013, 04:42 PM
I know there is an archer or two that reads this and uses Sammu. I can't get it to work. It tells me I am doing it wrong. I currently use Fletching.lic and it works fine but won't use arrowheads. While the use of arrowheads isn't a mechanical necessity, I like arrowheads on my arrows. Can anyone tell me how to make Sammu work or give me another script that makes master arrows with arrowheads? Thanks in advance.

Snoopy Dogg
09-30-2013, 11:22 AM
i tried for a long time to get sammu fixed, it finally got fixed and worked RIGHT for about a week then all kinds of other shit went wrong with it out of the blue.. wouldnt bundle finished arrows, wouldnt stick shit in the right containers, still wouldnt paint. best advice i can give is make your own like i did, trying to get spiffy to fix his scripts is like pulling teeth.

Whirlin
09-30-2013, 11:25 AM
I was using Ultrafletch for a while... I think it needed some minor adjustments due to having a hardcoded bag instead of a bag variable at some point in the code... Not sure what Sammu has over it

Sharnath
10-01-2013, 07:56 PM
Thank you both for the information.

Fikes
10-10-2013, 09:17 PM
I used Sammu to get up to 485 ranks and I am still using it for some arrows. It won't paint or bundle as others have said, but at least it knows when arrows are perfect and puts them away.

Fill out a few things, waste, wood containers, and tools and use either ;sammu rank or ;sammu 30 (30 is the number of arrows to craft).

i tried for a long time to get sammu fixed, it finally got fixed and worked RIGHT for about a week then all kinds of other shit went wrong with it out of the blue.. wouldnt bundle finished arrows, wouldnt stick shit in the right containers, still wouldnt paint. best advice i can give is make your own like i did, trying to get spiffy to fix his scripts is like pulling teeth.

How can you tell if you make a perfect arrow? If I had that info I could write one up more simply.

Whirlin
10-21-2013, 08:44 AM
There are two parts of a perfect arrow: The first cut, which I believe determines STR/DUR of the arrow, and then the final cut, which determines the +-AS bonus associated with the crafted arrow. This may be why you may be unable to bundle some perfect tapers. Or I could be making stuff up... it's entirely possible, I do it all the time.

All of the intermediary steps of the measurement, fletchings, nocks, etc... I do not believe have a bearing on the overall outcome, and just provide additional failure and skillup potentials.