PDA

View Full Version : Lich ver 4.4.16

masterdtwin
09-21-2013, 11:43 AM
So, I'm pretty sure I can't be the only one having issues with this version.

The story:

I loaded up lich as normal, and it downloaded a new version.
I close lich, and run it again - and it will not do anything (at all).
I run lich from the temp directory with the old versions (4.4.14), and it runs just fine - but it downloads a new version
I run lich again, and it runs version 4.4.16... I'm thinking great - problem solved.
Next morning I go to run lich, and it runs version 4.4.14.

Anyways, this process repeats over and over quite a bit and I still can't seem to get it to be stable on version 4.4.16

A little help would be appreciated.

Also the debug logs do not show anything useful.

Methais
09-21-2013, 11:53 AM
Kill it in task manager when it hangs up?

Just an uneducated guess. A non-hypothesis.

masterdtwin
09-21-2013, 11:56 AM
Kill it in task manager when it hangs up?

Just an uneducated guess. A non-hypothesis.

It's not hanging up - Unfortunately it's basically running and closing, or just not running at all. Unless there's another process it's calling that I'm not aware of, there's nothing in the task manager.

masterdtwin
09-21-2013, 12:29 PM
Okay, so it seems I have found the culprit.

Plat has a specific plat_updater that people use. Anyways it calls for the lich ID and performs an update. Whenever the update does not have that version it basically causes the script to fail for whatever reason. I'm honestly not exactly sure how/why this causes it to break it - but as soon as I removed Plat_updater from my favorites, lich started working just fine.

##### LICH ID... CAREFUL NOT TO BREAK THIS!!!
#lich_id="0B1x_XNbsk3DORUNMUE9oMDhqT0U"
lich_id="0B1x_XNbsk3DOMTltTkd2U1Z1YnM"

I'm starting to think that I'm going to have to do some updates to plat myself. Also, it seems nobody else is at the moment anyways.

MTUProdi
09-21-2013, 01:40 PM
having problems in prime too. I don't know what this update did...other than completely breaking lich.

Getting multiple errors every time I try to log in and can't connect to LNET or use any other lich scripts, and every time I log in is like the first time running lich. It even seems to be bogging down SF, because even typing quit doesn't work. I have to manually close out the window.

--- error: Alias.init: marshal data too short
--- error: Favorites.load: marshal data too short
--- Lich: lnet active.
--- Lich: updater active.
--- Lich: infomon active.
>
--- error: SpellRanks.load: undefined class/module @wizard
--- Lich: updater has exited.
[infomon: checking stats...]

LichNet welcomes you, Jurporia
www.lichproject.org - set Stormfront to store settings locally

>
[infomon: checking skills...]
>
[infomon: checking society...]
[infomon: checking citizenship...]
>
[infomon: checking combat maneuvers...]

MTUProdi
09-21-2013, 01:42 PM
oh yeah, it's trying to run v4.4.18

wandererjs
09-21-2013, 01:45 PM
oh yeah, it's trying to run v4.4.18

Same/similar issues here . Starts up with the same messages, although a different error message for SpellRanks. I can kind of move around, but if I try to ;waggle, CPU on that core goes to 100%. Technically, I was waggling someone else, but CPU for ruby goes to max on that core.

tallkris3
09-21-2013, 01:46 PM
Mine's doing basically the same thing regardless of which character or account I login too. Nothing works and when I try to invoke any lich command what so ever game window hangs and my character ghosts.

--- error: CharSettings.load: marshal data too short
--- error: CharSettings.load: marshal data too short
>
--- error: SpellRanks.load: dump format error(0x23)

LichNet welcomes you, Lancecile

>
>
>

Available Combat Maneuver Training Points: 1
>
[infomon: done]

Allereli
09-21-2013, 01:51 PM
also you have to re-trust all the scripts

wandererjs
09-21-2013, 02:38 PM
After a very long time (7-10 minutes?) CPU calms down on the one core, and I can finally do something. ;favs are gone, and cannot be re-added. Everything else does need to be retrusted.

>;favs add global uberbar
--- error: client_thread: marshal data too short
C:/Users/XXX/Desktop/lich/lich.rbw:1858:in `load'
>;uberbar

Allereli
09-21-2013, 02:43 PM
aliases went poof as well. glad I logged mine

ravashaak
09-21-2013, 02:51 PM
Still picking through the damage here myself but I've personally observed almost every issue reported in this thread, beginning yesterday and worsening today.

Tgo01
09-21-2013, 03:05 PM
Well that will teach me to leave things alone until they are fixed.

I wanted to see if I was experiencing the problems others were so I logged in game, checked my aliases and everything was there so I figured I was safe, I didn't notice any problems anyone was mentioning. I tried to run waggle and BAM! CPU usage for Ruby shot up to 13% (which I've noticed in the past means Ruby crashed.) So I close out the game, load it back up and notice the error messages everyone is talking about, I try to check my aliases again and BAM! Ruby crashed again.

Logged into a different character and tried to check aliases, they are all gone, tried to run waggle, crash.

Now ruby crashes after just a few seconds whenever I log in.

tallkris3
09-21-2013, 03:13 PM
aliases went poof as well. glad I logged mine

I'm hoping once the issue is fixed the aliases will reappear

crb
09-21-2013, 03:14 PM
ditto to all of the above.

Whirlin
09-21-2013, 03:15 PM
Ditto on the ditto. Even tried reinstalling ruby, to no avail... It also appears like my characters stay logged in, issuing any lich command seems to freeze it up, like even pulling up favs to add Narost back in there, etc.

Ohr
09-21-2013, 03:26 PM
ditto, ditto and on the other dittos, GS is lost to us!! Maybe Simu finally figure out a way to stop Lich/scripts etc etc!

wandererjs
09-21-2013, 04:38 PM
ditto, ditto and on the other dittos, GS is lost to us!! Maybe Simu finally figure out a way to stop Lich/scripts etc etc!

Has anyone else gone from bad to worse? I was, yes, mucking with some things (installed Ruby 1.9.3) into a clean directory, and now the Lich launcher can't find the Simu launcher. On the install tab, the Launcher path is set to \Launcher.exe, and I can't modify it. I tried re-installing Launcher, with no change.

Hmm.. I haven't tried installing that in the root directory, though... that's not where it should be.

Whirlin
09-21-2013, 04:53 PM
So... even though Lich and ruby appeared to timeout on startup, I decided to wait it out for about 10 minutes... Eventually, chat poped up, and everything appeared to be working fine... Just have to wait it out?

Allereli
09-21-2013, 06:13 PM
What I did:

I had a copy from July on my USB drive, so I moved out all the current folders and moved in the non-corrupt version (4.4.14)

Then I deleted updater from the scripts folder so it wouldn't download the new stuff.

Moving smoothly now

wandererjs
09-21-2013, 06:26 PM
Most successful for me: created a new lich folder, which I planned on doing anyway to a better location. Good time to sort out the scripts I'm using.

All of the problems/hangs seem to be from trying to load corrupted data: SpellRanks, character info, etc.

Login from new install: works immediately.
Login from old install: sits for 7-10 minutes at max cpu (ruby process). This is back on Ruby download from lichproject.org. I had a 1.9.3 version installed earlier, with gtk2 via gems, but it couldn't find the launcher, and I couldn't force it to find it. That might have been a problem with 1.9.3 pulling that from the registry. I don't know on that.

Tgo01
09-21-2013, 07:25 PM
What I did:

I had a copy from July on my USB drive, so I moved out all the current folders and moved in the non-corrupt version (4.4.14)

Then I deleted updater from the scripts folder so it wouldn't download the new stuff.

Moving smoothly now

Oh yeah, Lich doesn't overwrite itself when it updates, it keeps copies of the old versions in your lich directory. I just used one of the older versions and everything seems to be working fine. Well waggle isn't crashing Ruby and my aliases are back.

Yay.

ETA: I didn't have to delete or install anything either, I just moved an older version of lich to the lich main directory and opened it that way.

DO IT PEOPLE! I accept payment in the form of handies.

ETA2: I'm going to feel real silly if the problem has already been solved in the past two hours and here I am trying to "solve" it on my own.

ETA3: There is no 3, I just like the number 3.

ETA4: Okay so it looks like the problem has been fixed with the latest version...shut up!

MTUProdi
09-21-2013, 09:05 PM
looks like it's being worked on...I'm now up to version 4.4.19...still getting errors:

--- error: CharSettings.load: dump format error(0xa)
>
--- error: SpellRanks.load: dump format error(0x72)

favs are back, but it still pretty much goes boom if I try to use any lich scripts.

tallkris3
09-21-2013, 09:08 PM
ETA4: Okay so it looks like the problem has been fixed with the latest version...shut up!

Mine's still broke, and using one of the older lich files doesn't seem to work for things like LNET, unless I'm doing something wrong.

Update: Waiting long enough got me into LNET on version 4.4.19, however all my alias's are gone and if I try and add a new one I get errors

--- error: client_thread: undefined class/module an surge"illyguildmaster";go2 17189" plane4";go2 12095"
sellgems";selljunkgems sell" lgems2";illyst
C:/Program Files/lich-4.2.7/lich/lich.rbw:1944:in `load'

A couple of those names listed there are alias' I had previously.

When I logged in this was the first thing I got:

--- Lich v4.4.19 is active. Type ;help for usage info.

** NOTICE:
** Lich is not intended to facilitate AFK scripting.
** The authors do not condone violation of game policy,
** nor are they in any way attempting to encourage it.
** (this notice probably won't repeat)
Please wait for connection to game server.
Welcome to GemStone IV (R) v5.10
Copyright 2013 Simutronics Corp.
All Rights Reserved
--- error: Alias.init: undefined class/module an surge"illyguildmaster";go2 17189" plane4";go2 12095"
--- error: Favorites.load: undefined class/module an surge"illyguildmaster";go2 17189" plane4";go2 12095"

You have unread news articles. Click view to see the first new article.

UnCon 2013

Bummed about the lack of SimuCon this year? Never fear, UnCon is here.
For more info visit the following link to the forums:

UnCon Information

[Ta'Illistim, Glamesine Var]
Opposite the city's theatre, a small garden has been planted to provide a respite from the urban landscape. Carefully manicured beds of trillium, white jasmine and roses are sectioned into a symmetrically organized design, each of the beds separated from the next with a narrow walkway of silver paving stones. Centrally set amidst the flowers is a broken blue granite column, while around the edges of the garden are several benches.
Obvious paths: west
>
>
--- error: SpellRanks.load: dump format error(0x72)

LichNet welcomes you, Lancecile

>
>
>

Available Combat Maneuver Training Points: 1
>
[infomon: done]

Tgo01
09-21-2013, 09:17 PM
Mine's still broke, and using one of the older lich files doesn't seem to work for things like LNET, unless I'm doing something wrong.

Oh...weird. Maybe using an older version just allowed lich to grab whatever settings it needed and allowed the newer version to work. After I used an older version I fired up the newer version and everything worked, even lnet.

tallkris3
09-21-2013, 11:00 PM
Little assistance from Tillmen and I'm back up and running. Thanks Tillmen!

Everyone should take this moment to now remember to donate to Tillmen to keep Lich up and running, I know I did!

crb
09-25-2013, 02:08 PM
My older lich backup file looks to have gotten corrupted again, now its doing this again:

error: SpellRanks.load: undefined method `minormental' for :@minorelemental:Symbol

Could someone please attach a good fresh uncorrupted spell-ranks.dat file? found in your lich/data/gsiv/ folder

Tillmen
09-25-2013, 03:47 PM
You can just delete the spell-ranks.dat file and lnet will create a new one.

droit
09-25-2013, 03:50 PM
As an aside, ;go2 has stopped working on plane 4 of the rift.

Tillmen
09-25-2013, 03:56 PM
Can you elaborate?

Methais
09-25-2013, 03:57 PM
As an aside, ;go2 has stopped working on plane 4 of the rift.

It works in most rooms, but the room in the middle (room #12103) decides that that particular room is actually room #2643 on plane 2.

Someone mentioned something similar happening on plane 3 as well.

droit
09-25-2013, 03:58 PM
It's started looping continuously. It isn't recognizing the thread or fissure, and keeps running in circles.

Tillmen
09-25-2013, 04:22 PM
They added a comma to the room description. Might be fixed now.