PDA

View Full Version : Stupid death

Candor
09-18-2013, 05:45 PM
I pick up a box and it wouldn't fit into my backpack. Hmm well I did have a couple other boxes there, so I tried to put the box into my empty cloak (which holds 140 pounds). It didn't fit. So I weigh the box, and it weighs 159 pounds. And while I was weighing the stupid thing some stupid critter comes in, does a CM type attack, and it's game over.

All for a bunch of stupid silvers (yeah, nothing but silvers).

Grumble.

Archigeek
09-18-2013, 05:47 PM
Oh come on, that's totally worth it! You got a story out of it, and 25k in silvers!

Ceyrin
09-18-2013, 06:21 PM
This story needs more disk.

Candor
09-19-2013, 08:53 AM
This story needs more disk.

I did have a disk, it already had three boxes in it.

And in any case, would a 159 pound box have fit into an empty disk? I have my doubts.

Whirlin
09-19-2013, 09:00 AM

And in any case, would a 159 pound box have fit into an empty disk? I have my doubts.
Do you know how disks work?
Let me enlighten you:

Guides by Whirlin Series: How Disks Work!
Disks store stuff
Disks follow you around
Disks are good for situations where your weapon get Weapon Fire'd (915)
Disks are also good for boxes.
Disks are good for heavy equipment.
Disks are good for getting around the Ta'Vaalorian Wizard Guild.
Disks have their capacity measured by items. The box itself is one item. The silver inside is one item.
Disks by default hold 8 Items
Disks can hold more if a wizard self-casts, and has air lore.
Disks can have their appearance changed by wizards, for their own disks, by using gems.
Disks could have saved your life.

Kalishar
09-19-2013, 02:08 PM
Do you know how disks work?
Let me enlighten you:

Guides by Whirlin Series: How Disks Work!
Disks store stuff
Disks follow you around
Disks are good for situations where your weapon get Weapon Fire'd (915)
Disks are also good for boxes.
Disks are good for heavy equipment.
Disks are good for getting around the Ta'Vaalorian Wizard Guild.
Disks have their capacity measured by items. The box itself is one item. The silver inside is one item.
Disks by default hold 8 Items
Disks can hold more if a wizard self-casts, and has air lore.
Disks can have their appearance changed by wizards, for their own disks, by using gems.
Disks could have saved your life.

I LOL'd

Buckwheet
09-19-2013, 02:22 PM
Did you charge him for this guide?

Ceyrin
09-19-2013, 02:26 PM
Did you charge him for this guide?

Of course not. This is Candor. He stole the guide.

Candor
09-19-2013, 02:29 PM
Of course not. This is Candor. He stole the guide.

...and the pawnshop gave me only 15 silvers for it. Must have been a pretty crappy guide.

Methais
09-19-2013, 02:29 PM

Disks hold 8 items (more for a wizard with air lore) and they don't care how much the items weigh. You could fill a disk with nothing but full plate and it still wouldn't give a fuck.

Moral of the story:
Heaviest boxes go in your disk.

EDIT: This guide is better than Whirlin's guide.

Tisket
09-19-2013, 02:47 PM
A guide? By Whirlin? And Allereli hasn't posted a critique yet? What's the world coming to.

Velfi
09-19-2013, 02:59 PM
Disks hold 8 items (more for a wizard with air lore) and they don't care how much the items weigh. You could fill a disk with nothing but full plate and it still wouldn't give a fuck.

Moral of the story:
Heaviest boxes go in your disk.

This is/was my understanding of disks, but several people on lnet have corrected me as to a disk's weight limit, which is supposedly around 500# or so. Haven't run into that myself, however.

Methais
09-19-2013, 03:02 PM
This is/was my understanding of disks, but several people on lnet have corrected me as to a disk's weight limit, which is supposedly around 500# or so. Haven't run into that myself, however.

I'm too lazy to go test, but I've definitely stuffed a disk with 8 things of full plate before. Those weigh what, 80-100?

Whirlin
09-19-2013, 03:09 PM

http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-server/image/composition/16626311/view/1/producttypecolor/1/type/png/width/280/height/280/donny-you-are-out-of-your-element_design.png

Aluvius
09-19-2013, 03:24 PM
You forgot to reserve your next post for Disk Guide part 2. :)