PDA

View Full Version : Sanctify with Ironwright Flares question

Aluvius
09-08-2013, 07:46 PM
Has anyone successfully bonded to an Ironwright flaring weapon? I've searched and the only response for sure was from someone that was unable to use 1625 on their ironwright weapon. I'm going to guess the answer is no, but maybe someone has done it. Maybe an already sanctified weapon, ie white ora/eonake with ironwright flares might work since its not turning the bless on and off. Probably not.

Aluvius
09-12-2013, 03:37 PM
Welp, I guess I'll level up my plat paladin and see for myself when school gives me a chance. No one on the officials seems to know either, I was hoping a GM active in the RtCF thread might know but no luck so far.

Narthsin
09-13-2013, 03:34 PM
I don't see why you wouldn't be able to, but I've never messed with Ironwright flares. You can bond claidhs, chainspears and other flaring weapons, so I don't see why this would be any different.

MrMortimur
09-13-2013, 07:11 PM
Varulv would be the person that would have the answer to this question. He was the one that fixed 735 to work on ironwright items and also UAC gear. I think the issue with sanctify might be the same as the problem with 735. If you're casting/channeling a spell at the ironwright item then it appears to be checking if that spell is acceptable from an ironwright perspective when things like 925, 735, 1625 should all precede any ironwright based conclusions.

Aluvius
09-14-2013, 09:03 AM
Yeah its probably a 2 part problem, the initial cast that would look like a flare/bless attempt and then what happens when the flare/bless wears off.