PDA

View Full Version : Monk

Sherlock
09-04-2013, 02:31 PM
So I wanted to get a bit of advice regarding my monk. So far he's been plowing through everything incredibly easily. I've been pretty selective on what he's hunting so far in order to maximize xp/h and so far so good. As far as spells are concerned I wanted to get to 1220 but it seems it's harder to keep spells at .5x than I thought. Also as far as working in ambush and transformation lore by when do you start recommending I work them in to start aiming.

Here is my current layout.

(at level 23), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Two Weapon Combat..................| 102 24
Combat Maneuvers...................| 150 50
Brawling...........................| 150 50
Physical Fitness...................| 175 75
Dodging............................| 175 75
Harness Power......................| 45 9
Spiritual Lore - Religion..........| 5 1
Mental Lore - Transformation.......| 25 5

Spell Lists
Minor Mental.......................| 10
Training Points: 53 Phy 0 Mnt (152 Phy converted to Mnt)

The religion lore is due to an enhancive that I'm currently wearing.

Aluvius
09-07-2013, 10:30 AM
I would start picking up ambush now, but I would stop at 5 ranks of ML:Transformation. I just don't think its worth it to pick up more than the required ranks for the AsG's at either end of an armor group, ie you'll hit lbp at level 30 with 5 ranks and I wouldn't bother to get any more until I could get brigandine or torso chain mail (using a fixskill). Even then I think I've been convinced to move over to the Armor Use and real armor camp anyway, but that's still debatable.

I had to get hmm, 15 ranks or so of ambush but I was hitting the head fairly reliably in the mid to upper 20's with it and 2x CM. As someone else suggested, start around 10 ranks and every time you miss an opening pick up another rank (keep some open points and test hunt).

I would drop Dodge down to 2x, drop TWC down to .5x if I were you and put the points into the ambush and more spells and HP. You'll get loads of DS from your spells and other utility, plus TD progression from 1208. More HP would let you use 1207 more often.