PDA

View Full Version : Halloooo, out there!

HarmNone
08-25-2003, 03:39 PM
I have the honor of being allowed to moderate this forum on Roleplaying. I hope we can share here both our good roleplaying experiences, and our not so good roleplaying experiences.

The best way to learn is from each other, and roleplaying is what really makes the game we care about live. It allows us to escape the mundane life and experience the magic of a world not our own.

Perhaps, come to think of it, that is why I still find myself saying "Ack!" or "Gah!" in my real-world life. People look at me funny, but...well, they do that anyway. ;)

Have fun with the topic! I do.

HarmNone

Artha
08-25-2003, 04:19 PM
What's worse is when you stay stuff like 'chuckle' and 'grin', or 'smile'.

CrystalTears
08-25-2003, 04:19 PM
OMG, I say "Gah!" a lot. It's almost scary. Then again, I am anyway. :bouncy::o

Scott
08-25-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Artha

If I EVER find myself saying chuckle when something is funny or something like that, I will know it is time for me to take a break from Gemstone that's for sure. :lol:

HarmNone
08-25-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Artha

I have caught myself right on the edge of saying "chuckle". Thankfully, I managed to avert disaster before they hauled "that crazy pagan" off to the funny farm. :D

HarmNone

Artha
08-25-2003, 04:51 PM
I've found myself almost saying 'grin' and 'laugh' a few times. I say 'Gah!' and 'Feh!' alot.

Caels
08-25-2003, 06:09 PM
I've never actually said them aloud, but I have to admit I've caught myself trying. Nothing would be more embarassing than to say something silly on my upcoming job interview.

Artha
08-25-2003, 06:16 PM
Like:

Interviewer: How would you move Mount Fuji?

Caels: Rub my chin thoughtfully...

Inerviewer: No.

Caels
08-25-2003, 06:23 PM
LOL, well considering I'm goin in for an interview to work at a dance club/sports bar I doubt Fuji is an issue... it'd be more like this:

Interviewer: "What do you feel you can bring to our company?"

Me: "Ponder... Chuckle... Gimme a sec, I'm hearin' voices."

Interviewer: "Thank you for your time, we'll get back to you."

Voices are what I attribute instant messages to.

Weedmage Princess
08-26-2003, 09:43 PM
I say Bah quite a bit...

Bestatte
08-26-2003, 11:57 PM
Bestatte, the character, used to mention that she eats her young whenever someone asked if she had a family.

I liken it to the whole "lesser mammal" experience, where certain creatures eat the weakest of their litter to ensure the stronger ones survive.

In real life, I've come to do the same thing, when people ask if I have children. It either opens up some fun conversation with open-minded people who have a sense of humor, or it shuts them up and moves them along to bother someone else with their inane pleasantries.

HarmNone
08-27-2003, 12:00 AM
Oh, Bestatte. You tempt me. Most of the people with whom I interact professionally already believe me to be more than a little bit strange. If I told them I ate my young, they would probably believe me.

HarmNone, crazy Pagan