PDA

View Full Version : Eve: Post your ratting ticks and fits

Drew
08-31-2013, 05:05 PM
So who are you missioning or ratting against? Post your average ticks, what you're doing, and what you're flying.

Right now I'm doing guristas forsaken hubs and forsaken rally points. Average tick 17-20 million, highest tick in this ship 22.4 mil.

[Vexor Navy Issue, Vexor AFK rat]
Power Diagnostic System II
Power Diagnostic System II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Experimental 100MN Afterburner I
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Drone Navigation Computer I

Drone Link Augmentor I
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]

Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I
Medium Anti-Kinetic Screen Reinforcer I
Medium Anti-Kinetic Screen Reinforcer I

Back
08-31-2013, 05:14 PM
Can you clarify some of the nomenclature? Particularly "ticks" and "ratting"?

Drew
08-31-2013, 05:30 PM
Can you clarify some of the nomenclature? Particularly "ticks" and "ratting"?

Ratting is just hunting NPC pirates. Ticks are when your wallet updates which is every 20 minutes, it's the standard way to measure how much you're making from NPC bounties. Here's a pic:

http://i.imgur.com/X3OUbhl.png

You can see 2 "complete" ticks of 18mil meaning I was killing rats the entire 20 minutes of the tick, and one tick of 3 million meaning I had just started during that tick.

Back
08-31-2013, 06:07 PM
I've been crusing around in a Thrasher with all the stuff I need to hack data and relic sites. When I find one I park at a local station, refit, then collect the goods. I think I pull 1m ISK in sales each time I find one. Still newbie-ing around while my skills train.

Bryft
08-31-2013, 10:19 PM
20 minutes, 90 million. I win.

Drew
08-31-2013, 10:56 PM
20 minutes, 90 million. I win.

What are you multiboxing?

Bryft
09-03-2013, 11:10 AM
LP is winning. Tier 3!

Narthsin
09-17-2013, 01:01 PM
Best I ever had was a 43 mil tick, and after corp tax, I got 39.something. I average 25 - 30 mil though. 1200 dps, sentry drone ratting carrier.

Though, my corp/alliance is currently in the middle of a move the last few weeks, so I havn't been ratting much.

Drew
09-17-2013, 03:15 PM
Best I ever had was a 43 mil tick, and after corp tax, I got 39.something. I average 25 - 30 mil though. 1200 dps, sentry drone ratting carrier.

Though, my corp/alliance is currently in the middle of a move the last few weeks, so I havn't been ratting much.

I think you mentioned this before but who do you fly with? Also ratting carriers are nice but they really make you a target. You can lose VNIs or ishtars out the ass (I pretty much totally AFK so this is a concern for me) and barely dent the cost of a carrier.

Narthsin
09-17-2013, 07:15 PM
I think you mentioned this before but who do you fly with? Also ratting carriers are nice but they really make you a target. You can lose VNIs or ishtars out the ass (I pretty much totally AFK so this is a concern for me) and barely dent the cost of a carrier.

I currently fly with FERAL, they're a smaller alliance without any Sov yet. I like my corp a lot, but there's a few leaders of other corps in the alliance I'm not massive fans of because of stupid mistakes they've made in the past. The head guy is solid though. We were out in INK space, but we left there when INK couldn't defend their space from the crazy russians or something, and basically their diplomacy with us was idiotic from what I can tell.

Carrier ratting I have to fly really careful and never AFK. If a neutral pops up in local, I'm immediately pulling drones and heading to the POS. But when you can make a billion isk in a day when I need to, it's not that bad in a quiet system. I havn't lost a carrier yet because I'm careful, and my corp has only lost 1 ever to an awoxer (that was reinbursed to us by the guy's corp.) and when you can make that much, losing one would suck, but wouldn't be the end of the world.

On a different topic, do you know anything about Black Legion? Are the Goons friendly with them? I havn't been around enough lately to keep track of all the politics.

Narthsin
09-26-2013, 12:06 PM
And... it appears my views on FERAL's leadership wasn't a unique thing. This week my corp, the 37th Warhawk Vanguard, left that alliance. FERAL tried to move the entire alliance twice within a month, and weren't even asking our leaders for their input anymore even though we'd been with them since their start. They spent a few weeks taking over some low sec space, only to suddenly decide to abandon it and decide to move back out to null to rent from Black Legion. We had a big meeting last week where 37th basically decided that it was time to move on.

So, I'm not sure what we're doing currently. They've been talking about trying out FW, but that's still up in the air apparently. I guess I'll have to see how this plays out. We still have our C1 wormhole as a strong base with good PI for passive income, but I think we're currently trying to feel out where we want to go next.

In the mean time, my ratting carrier sits collecting dust. Maybe I'll go back to mining for now...

Drew
09-26-2013, 12:17 PM
On a different topic, do you know anything about Black Legion? Are the Goons friendly with them? I havn't been around enough lately to keep track of all the politics.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. Black Legion are basically the new Pandemic Legion. They get bat-phoned by a lot of smaller groups when they have a titan or super to get destroyed. Their leader, Elo Knight, is really good and they've picked up a lot of supercap kills lately. They are basically elite mercs at this point. Goons aren't friendly with them but we have respect for them and I believe there might be some backdoor arrangements between CFC and them which let's them hold Sov and Querious, maybe they won't attack our CSAAs or something. But that's just conjecture.

And yeah that's the downside of small non-sov holders, you get bounced around. I don't like moving much.

Taernath
03-20-2014, 12:06 AM
Starting to get BC skills trained up, and flying level 2's in a Myrmidon.

I'm pretty fucking casual and/or terrible.