PDA

View Full Version : EVE: Mission Progression

Back
08-24-2013, 03:30 PM
Did the tutorial and starter missions. Great way to get ships, ISK, and some loot while learning the game. Found out there are three places to go through starter missions so I've taken advantage of two so far.

I headed over and started The Sister's epic storyline. At one point lost a fully fit Destroyer. Set me back a bit but now going through a few more epic missions and some level one distribution missions in the same dock.

What do you guys advise in terms of doing missions? Are there certain missions you would reommend? A certain type of mission group? Everything I've done after the starter missions has netted only ISK and LP. Are there more missions that grant more gear and or ships?

Delias
08-24-2013, 03:33 PM
Did the tutorial and starter missions. Great way to get ships, ISK, and some loot while learning the game. Found out there are three places to go through starter missions so I've taken advantage of two so far.

I headed over and started The Sister's epic storyline. At one point lost a fully fit Destroyer. Set me back a bit but now going through a few more epic missions and some level one distribution missions in the same dock.

What do you guys advise in terms of doing missions? Are there certain missions you would reommend? A certain type of mission group? Everything I've done after the starter missions has netted only ISK and LP. Are there more missions that grant more gear and or ships?

There are some missions that you get a referral for after doing like 15 or so missions for the same guy. I've gotten a bunch of implants from... Astra Mining, I think? I was doing missions for the federation navy.

Narthsin
08-24-2013, 06:38 PM
I'm not a big mission runner myself, but level 4 missions net you quite a bit of LP from what I understand. That can then be turned in for all kinds of good stuff including blue prints, ships and various faction 'gear' that sells pretty well.

Back
08-24-2013, 07:08 PM
Cool. Poked around and found this page. Pretty useful for missions. Has a table for damage types also.

https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Missions

Glitch
08-25-2013, 04:04 PM
Level 4 missions can make decent cash, everyone in my corp who was doing those moved over to incursions as they make much more. Those also require more skills and getting in a group to do them.

Other than the drops from the NPC's you kill, you're almost always just going to get ISK and LP (and standing). LP you can trade in for things like +3 implants if you're just looking to convert LP to cash, or use them to buy your own things of course. Cosmos and Epic mission arcs might have extra rewards, but many of those require nicer ships and skills.

Glitch
08-25-2013, 04:08 PM
There are some missions that you get a referral for after doing like 15 or so missions for the same guy. I've gotten a bunch of implants from... Astra Mining, I think? I was doing missions for the federation navy.

Every 16 missions (I think it's 16) gets you a storyline mission for the main faction your NPC corp is part of. Storyline missions will give you a nice faction boost, but it also reduces your standing with opposing factions quite a bit, so be aware of that.

In fact, every mission that has you fighting a specific faction will reduce your standing with that faction. (you can see in the mission info a little icon that will show you what you're fighting, sometimes it's a yellow circle which means like rogue drones or something that doesn't count)

I only every do missions that have me fighting non-faction ships, or pirate faction ships. For example, Minmatar missions I'm doing often have me fighting Amarr, but I don't want to lose Amarr standing, so I declline those missions. Move to another station with the same corp, and find another agent to do missions. Declining more than one mission ever 4 hours loses you standing with that corp, so you need to be careful.

Drew
08-25-2013, 05:32 PM
I just run anomalies, same enemies every time, just one fit needed and can be run semi-AFK in vexor navy issues or ishtars.

Bryft
08-26-2013, 11:08 AM
If you are looking to get a ton of LP, Faction warfare is the place to go. 30k lp for 20 minutes or work. Well plexing isn't work haha.