PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought.

Betheny
08-25-2003, 12:00 AM
I had a few thoughts as related to game mechanics and verbs and I thought I'd put them out there to see how feasible or useful you all think they will be.

If someone is on your demeanor cold or reserved, (as in, specifically on your befriend list) they should not be able to join your group (or maybe even stalk you.) I just witnessed Kylinarr in the park trying to give mass guards, but some jerk he told could not join in kept joining. So everyone had to wait, Kylinarr had to disband, stun the guy, make sure no one unstunned him, and then asked everyone to join again. Or maybe, a verb that would remove one person from your group would be more appropriate.

Disks: They don't hold much. I thought it would be kind of neat if every 10 ranks of MIU or some spell circle you get, the thing has a bit more capacity. Presumably it'd be capped, etc etc.

I noticed in the test server they've tweaked demeanor and befriend a bit. You can befriend entire professions, races, etc. with a certain demeanor (warm, cold.. whatever floats your boat.) This, I think, is a good thing. Because demeanor also is effective when you are dead. I don't disagree with that, but eh, you can't change your demeanor when you're dead either. Hopefully that's a bug they'll fix.

At any rate, I guess this could go in the Gemstone Complaints folder, but what I'm looking for is for people to share ideas somewhat like mine, suggestions for things that would improve life in Elanthia or make life a little more fun. Or easier. Or whatever.

08-25-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Maimara
I had a few thoughts as related to game mechanics and verbs and I thought I'd put them out there to see how feasible or useful you all think they will be.

If someone is on your demeanor cold or reserved, (as in, specifically on your befriend list) they should not be able to join your group (or maybe even stalk you.) I just witnessed Kylinarr in the park trying to give mass guards, but some jerk he told could not join in kept joining. So everyone had to wait, Kylinarr had to disband, stun the guy, make sure no one unstunned him, and then asked everyone to join again. Or maybe, a verb that would remove one person from your group would be more appropriate.

Disks: They don't hold much. I thought it would be kind of neat if every 10 ranks of MIU or some spell circle you get, the thing has a bit more capacity. Presumably it'd be capped, etc etc.

I noticed in the test server they've tweaked demeanor and befriend a bit. You can befriend entire professions, races, etc. with a certain demeanor (warm, cold.. whatever floats your boat.) This, I think, is a good thing. Because demeanor also is effective when you are dead. I don't disagree with that, but eh, you can't change your demeanor when you're dead either. Hopefully that's a bug they'll fix.

At any rate, I guess this could go in the Gemstone Complaints folder, but what I'm looking for is for people to share ideas somewhat like mine, suggestions for things that would improve life in Elanthia or make life a little more fun. Or easier. Or whatever.

1. Kylinarr = Stoopid.

2. DR already has befriend race/profession.

3. Kylinarr < Klaive

- --[ Klaive ]-- -

SpunGirl
08-25-2003, 02:37 AM
I JUST WANT THE SORCERER SPELL LIST COMPLETE AND TO HAVE HOME STORAGE.

But good ideas.

-K

Lord Whirlin
08-25-2003, 03:12 AM
I'd like to see a demeanor list option. Just so that I can tell how much more I hate giantmen than I do dwarves. I'd like reassurance that I set giantmen to the 'Hate on sight' demeanor. Plus... its just a good way to double check everything.

08-25-2003, 03:39 AM
YES! I play an Ashrim elf, so Faendryl would definitely be set to cold for me.

Seazarius

Hips
08-25-2003, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by SpunGirl
I JUST WANT THE SORCERER SPELL LIST COMPLETE AND TO HAVE HOME STORAGE.

Home storage is good.

I'd personally like to be able to control how much my characters weighs... she's "short" (I picture her as really small- like Halfling-sized) but yet she weighs about 205 pounds. It makes me think she's as wide as she is tall... :no:

The documentation about gestational periods, what races can reproduce together, etc. (discussed in another thread) sounded like a good idea to me as well.

longshot
08-25-2003, 05:04 AM
I won't even mention the fantasy that is the ranger guild...

but, there should be in-game documentation of all the racial stuff. I shouldn't have to go to the website to figure out what an Elf from blah blah's deal is. Just a quick summary would be great.

I hate the simutronics website, and I know I'm not alone in this

Ilvane
08-25-2003, 07:52 AM
Michiko, I read a post on the official boards about weight in Elanthia being different than outside. It all depends on the strength of the character, etc..so perhaps your halfling is just strong. Personally I don't think the weigh character is necessary. You really don't need to know how much, really.;) I mean, if you were going to be really small though, you wouldn't be able to carry many boxes, either. So I try to think of it that way. If you weight 90 pounds, you wouldn't be walking around with 120 pounds of boxes.:grin:

As for what I would like, I would love to see the bard guild finished with skills, a skill to make instruments implemented, instruments be useful in a hunt, to encourage a hunting party more than just songs(Say for example, you sing the song with your lute..and depending on your skill it lasts a certain amount of time to help your hunting party, similar to a warriors warcry.)

I'd also like more roleplayers in the game, not just number crunchers, and I wish we would try to draw those people into the game, not people who can't type(as in the new point and click system..heh)

I also think we need more GM's with stories and interaction in mind.(I know they are busy with GS4 right now, so that's why it's quiet, but it's just too fun to not have more of.;))

-A

Hips
08-25-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Ilvane
perhaps your halfling is just strong.

She's a Half-Sylvan. I just picture her really tiny in size (halfling-sized!).

Dighn Darkbeam
08-25-2003, 01:06 PM
As I have suggested before. Have mana share stopped with cold demeanor, defensive spells blocked of have an added warding roll.

Big one: No coins are accepted on a cold demeanor. No whispers to someone of a cold demeanor.

Poke and nudge verbs should be still allowed, but be influenced by demeanor messaging, possibly adding a rountime to stop scrolling touches.

More race/CULTURE specific verbs. The grunts are excellent, no reason not to expand on them. Anything that promotes roleplay of your actual racial or cultural selections is something I promote.

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

Kris na Su'ta

Betheny
08-26-2003, 06:23 AM
The corpse should have RT too.

Also, it'd be nice if there was something like a 'pacifist' flag. Something like, you will be unable to attack player characters in any way shape or form, and others will be unable to attack you.

It'd be annoying because all the jerks would probably abuse it, but it'd be nice for those serious people who aren't into CvC or PvP AT ALL and find themselves getting attacked.

By the way, what the HELL went wrong with the GY crypt?

Artha
08-26-2003, 08:57 AM
Also, it'd be nice if there was something like a 'pacifist' flag. Something like, you will be unable to attack player characters in any way shape or form, and others will be unable to attack you.

It could be like some advanced form of stance dancing!

>cvc

You can now attack PCs.

>kill otheridiot

Swing!
Miss!
Round time: 5.

>stance def

>nocvc

Taernath
08-26-2003, 12:09 PM
Honestly I wouldn't like to see something like that because it's just screaming for people to abuse it. You could turn your NOCVC flag on and go harass someone and have them not be able to retaliate.

Parkbandit
08-26-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Taernath
Honestly I wouldn't like to see something like that because it's just screaming for people to abuse it. You could turn your NOCVC flag on and go harass someone and have them not be able to retaliate.

No to mention it being OOC.

Attack Idiot

>I am sorry, Idiot is a pacifist and you are unable to take off his leg, no matter how annoying he is.

StrayRogue
08-26-2003, 12:54 PM
I'd love all the spells to be complete, all the guilds to work, and for the GMs to give a shit about its player population and not the whims of one man, AKA Warden. Of course, all of the above, is impossible.