PDA

View Full Version : Annoying

Bobmuhthol
05-10-2003, 09:23 PM
I'm drunk. So what? I read the deely about the poll of annoying people (Thread Vif, Forum Concerns) and decided to do it just because I'm so tired and I don't care what you think. Ramble ramble ramble. I wish I wasn't drinking. Vote for the most annoying and then compliment me on my awesomeness.

[Edited on 5-11-2003 by Bobmuhthol]

Whatever
05-12-2003, 04:34 PM
You missed quite a few people.

Jastio
Drizzsdt
Clearity
Barumples
Iscikella
Jacinto
Ylarra
Mhairaid (and her various other characters, played exactly the same way)
Starsnuffer
Tsin

I'm sure there are more, but those are some I thought of off the top of my head. :P

GS4Gurl
05-12-2003, 07:37 PM
I am sooooo sick and tired of Warclaidhm, so I am not surprised he is number one on this list. NO ONE likes him why cant he take a hint and just leave GS? How does he even enjoy the game everyone picks on him constantly. If it were me I would have either left the game or at least changed my snertish ways, ya know?

Gokkem
05-13-2003, 01:39 PM
This reminds me...a friend of mine sold his rogue on ebay and made a statement like:

This rogue has a great name, nothing like 'Bastardswordhm' or anything like that.

Well, needless to say my friend got an email from Warclaidhm himself, he criticized my friend for making an apparent joke at Warclaid's name and asked him never to do anything like that again, blah blah blah. Anyways I read the email, appeared to be written by a 13 year old acting like he had just been caught in the cookie jar. He seemed really pissed off.

Pointless post, but I thought it was funny.

Taernath
05-13-2003, 05:08 PM
Warclaidhm posted on the other PC boards before we switched over here. I don't remember his screenname, but he said something like 'what do you guys think of that Warclaidh person?', then admitted he was really Warclaidh later on in the thread. That was pretty funny. I think he even threatened to leave GS.

Also, his kilt or whatever that had the dangly warclaidh pins on it was goofy looking.

GS4Gurl
05-13-2003, 07:06 PM
When I (Janedoe tired of that name so changed it) made comments about him on the other board he went running to my friend saying that he is going to report me to the GM's and have me kicked out of GSIII. My friend explained to him that neither GM's or Simu do not have control about what is said here on these boards. He claimed that *I* was harassing him when I've only said a couple things and nothing like everyone else has been doing. Anyway we got a great laugh out of it.

Scott
05-15-2003, 02:22 AM
Tsin if he was listed. My rogue was offering to do guild invites on the net, and he threated to kill me if I did it because "it's the only way I can learn." It's his fault he can't hunt OTF (even though he wouldn't learn much) at all since his stealing of the katana...

Anyway, I voted for Plur mainly because even though he can be funny (rarely) most of the time he just makes the amulet a living hell....

AnticorRifling
05-19-2003, 07:31 PM
Jastio would be top of my list currently. Wouldn't bother me if all he did was steal but he's just a little baby. He along with Vif and Amylafa (however the hell you spell it) are all on my list of people that can give it but can't take it. Jastio is just an annoying snert that doesn't know when to leave well enough alone and then gets pissed off when he gets "picked on" by the very people that he annoys. The other night he kept stealing and being an ass so he got cursed, dropped his weapon, and then whined like a little girl until he got it back. Once he got it back he started up with the verbal and physical annoyance. I wish the clerics would just let him rot.

Warriorbird
05-20-2003, 02:05 AM
Always fun to see some hate. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Parkbandit
05-20-2003, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
Jastio would be top of my list currently. Wouldn't bother me if all he did was steal but he's just a little baby. He along with Vif and Amylafa (however the hell you spell it) are all on my list of people that can give it but can't take it. Jastio is just an annoying snert that doesn't know when to leave well enough alone and then gets pissed off when he gets "picked on" by the very people that he annoys. The other night he kept stealing and being an ass so he got cursed, dropped his weapon, and then whined like a little girl until he got it back. Once he got it back he started up with the verbal and physical annoyance. I wish the clerics would just let him rot.

I think stealing a couple of silvers is a far cry from getting your weapon taken. While I wasn't there to see how he 'whined' about it... I don't see how the punishment fits the crime. He's a fool to have his real weapon out anyways... ebladed dagger is the way to go :)

Oh, and you must add Haashak or whatever the hell his name is. He is by far one of the biggest out there that can dish, but can't take. The three of them are all cut from the same pathetic cloth.

Warriorbird
05-20-2003, 08:28 AM
Yah. One of my favorite "GS amusing moments" ever was seeing Haashek tell Stealth and Talisker that it was impossible for a warrior to level past 50 in GS3.

AnticorRifling
05-20-2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Parkbandit
I think stealing a couple of silvers is a far cry from getting your weapon taken. While I wasn't there to see how he 'whined' about it... I don't see how the punishment fits the crime. He's a fool to have his real weapon out anyways... ebladed dagger is the way to go :)

It wasn't the stealing that warranted him losing his weapon it was his unprovoked attacking, slapping, being an OOC ass, etc that finally made us cross that line of putting up with it to beating him.

I tend to think of myself as almost bi-polar when it comes to my helping/hating people. If you make an effort to stay IC, you can be an ass (the land needs more IC ass's) or you can be a goody goody or neutral but as long as you're not a snert I will go to all lengths to help you any way I can. If you are a Snert I will go as far as I can to see you rot. This guy I would like to see rot. I'm not to the point of seeing him go demonic but a few decays would at least get him back to the landing and away from me...

Warriorbird
05-20-2003, 09:34 AM
The problem with that is this. One of my characters is an IC ass (picture Chris Tucker crossed with Jubei from Ninja Scroll)...and I have a lot of fun with it. People consistently take it OOC though (like posted a bit earlier in this thread). I in turn am sometimes a controversial poster on the official boards (I'd never do that here, no! :whistles) and people take that IC. People in GS blur the IC/OOC lines just as badly as people in LARPs do, making it difficult to both A. be an IC ass and B. post anything controversial....without someone holding it against you in some medium that it isn't featured in.

AnticorRifling
05-20-2003, 10:38 AM
Agreeded, it has to be a person to person basis. Me I don't take things from the board to the game. I will bring things from the game to discuss them but I won't let what's discussed here alter my perception of how I treat a person in the game. The person needs to do the "action" to me in game for me to start holding an in game grudge.

Taernath
05-20-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Warriorbird
Yah. One of my favorite "GS amusing moments" ever was seeing Haashek tell Stealth and Talisker that it was impossible for a warrior to level past 50 in GS3.

Do a seach for Haashek on google and you'll find the log. He said something about needing every spell in the book to hunt his own level.

*edit* Here's the log:

---------------------------------
Stealth says, "Haashek says, 'Why does it take virtually every spell for warriors to get so we can hunt at our own train'"
Stealth peers quizzically at Talisker.
Stealth says, "it doesn't" (Just the GMs being snerts knowing it does make it a tollerable experience. Without the spells hunting at our level -- while it can be done -- isn't effective, safe, or reasonable. ~ ED)
Stealth asks, "does it?"

Talisker says, "Nope"
Talisker chuckles.

Stealth peers quizzically at Talisker.

Talisker says, "Not with any of my warriors."

Stealth says, "I think a typical trap that alot of warriors fall into is relying on spells"
Stealth says, "it makes them not hunt "tactically".."

Talisker says, "Not every critter is ideal prey for warriors."

Stealth says, "for example, when I was in my 50s and 60s as a warrior"
Stealth says, "I would hunt pyrothags on teras with virtually no spells...whatever massies I might get"
Stealth says, "sure you get hit"
Stealth says, "you drink blood ale and eat acantha"

Talisker grins.

Stealth says, "but...I hunted one on one"
Stealth says, "if I got swarmed I moved"
Stealth nods to Haashek, who stands up to address the assembly.

Haashek says, "Folks I hunt undead & yes you DO need spells"

Stealth says, "ok lemme ask you a question"

Haashek says, "I hunt Banshees they not bad.. but try sents.. forget it"

Stealth asks, "yer how many trains?"

Haashek says, "53"

Stealth asks, "why are you wearing brig?" (GM deflecting the issue ~ ED)

Haashek says, "I can't afford anything else your treasure is so pitiful"

Stealth says, "1 enchant hauberk would do you better than that brig"

Haashek says, "Im trying to save for forest brig"
Haashek says, "and get boiled by sents"
Haashek says, "no thank you"

Stealth says, "so run from sents"

Haashek says, "you have them stacked in every other room.. that is not easy"

Stealth says, "my point is, you have to hunt tactically"
Stealth says, "pick your fights"
Stealth says, "I think if you get some of these experienced warriors many of them can not only help you"

Haashek says, "I do..but since I can't make money anything what is the point. unless yer a merchant forget it"

Stealth says, "they live to help people."

Talisker nods to Stealth.

Stealth points at Valicar.

Stealth points at Cryheart.

Stealth says, "Find some of these folks who know the ropes"

Haashek says, "and on nations I have a bitter complaint"

Stealth says, "let them teach you"

Haashek says, "I can't download those scripts as AOL corrupts em so Im stuck here"

Stealth says, "well"

Haashek says, "I don't know what to do. Otherwise I wouldn't be here "

Stealth says, "you could get a map and go by hand.."

Haashek says, "I tried that.. oh gees I get lost :grin:"

Talisker chuckles.

Stealth says, "oh...part ranger"
Stealth grins.

Haashek says, "my wife is da ranger"

Stealth grins.

Haashek says, "folks please don't be critical of me.. I try...and have tried.. "

Stealth asks, "Seriously, could I get some of you old folks who have the time and ability to mentor Haashek later?"
Stealth says, "not necessarily old in trains, but experienced."

Haashek says, "hey I resent that.. Im old too "

Stealth grins.

Haashek says, "Sorry.. I understand"

Stealth says, "well you have to learn from someone"

Talisker grins.

Stealth says, "ok lets move on"
---------------------------------

The ED is Pumachow, so that explains a the comments.

[Edited on 5/20/03 by Taernath]

Warriorbird
05-20-2003, 02:35 PM
Ah good. I hoped it wasn't you. :chuckles:

Yah, he said it more than once, but that's one of the more choice ones.

Captain Amby
07-11-2003, 08:29 PM
I jest think Atheana's annoying. could jest be me

07-12-2003, 04:34 AM
Klaive is most annoying.

- --[ Klaive ]-- -

07-12-2003, 11:26 PM
Klaive.

- --[ Klaive ]-- -

Whatever
07-13-2003, 02:55 AM
I can say honestly that I have seen Jastio in *multiple* situations in *multiple* towns. He has gotten his weapon disarmed and held more than once. He also has been on the brink of going demonic more than once.

To understand this, you have to realize that Jastio has pushed everyone, even some of the most patient people, completely to the edge; to the point where they don't know what else to do to stop his behavior.

That is why he gets disarmed. That is why no one will heal or raise him and he gets close to losing his character entirely. These things might be a wake-up call to someone brighter, but he just continues on and then cries to the GMs whenever someone stands up to him.

He is deliberately rude, confrontational, and quite obvious about his stealing. He then will deny it and verbally attack anyone who dares point out that they just caught him in their pockets. This usually escalates to a physical conflict, and I have seen him get into a conflict with someone, walk off for a while (presumably to spell up), then come back and attack them. I've also seen him walk off immediately afterward.

Everyone is welcome to roleplay an asshole in the game. The difference is when you're ruining the enjoyment for most people around you, that is not IC, that's OOC unpleasantness.

Halfsilver
07-19-2003, 11:29 AM
you should start a thread called 'who is the most annoying on the boards?'
i nominate GS4gurl and man-hater Amby for a place.

-d:spin::spin::spin:

[Edited on 7-19-2003 by Halfsilver]

GS4Gurl
07-19-2003, 12:00 PM
We aren't the only ones who happen to find Atheana the character annoying, Graysalin. If she didn't use people, or scam people. If her main goal were not to be a greedy money grubber then she wouldn't have so much of a problem with having or keeping friends. Hell most of the "friends" she has now can barely tolerate her. I certainly won't name names. She just needs to realize something and maybe someday she will. Or maybe that's how she wants to roleplay Atheana. Who the hell knows or cares? Do you listen to most of the people talk or does it go in one ear and out the other. ANYHOW... I dont even want to get into it all again. You haven't gotten a clue yet and never will so ....whatever.

Betheny
07-19-2003, 05:27 PM
I vote Vif, because she's been around for a while, always acts the same, and will probably never ever quit.

ElvenRangeress
07-19-2003, 08:41 PM
well about the warclaidhm thing, about how he stands the game when people pick on him ....

well if someone doesn't like you, you get over it. no one takes the time to get to know anyone, you just up and assume that they are horrible, maybe from what you hear from others, or maybe from how they were four or five years ago.

what right does you, or anyone have to harass someone you've never even met? i won't lie, warclaidhm is annoying, but then again so are alot of people. you just have to take a deeper look, when i did i found warclaidhm to be rather nice, this is a game and a game only. i think these boards are just wrong, why on earth would anyone insult someone's character either? why can't you roleplay in game and settle the situation instead of bickering on a message board. solve it the roleplaying way, the blade in your neck way ... :o

Now that is just one thing ... lets move back when we were going out of character, now that is going to far. NOBODY has any right, none what so ever to to judge someone for how they look in real life, even if they were lets say, 1500 lbs, have about a zillion zits on their face, and has greasy hair with bugs dripping from each strand... you don't have to *face* that person, you only have to deal with their characters, and if that doesn't go well neither, well ignore them, if they harass you constantly, well report them, fry their butts! just don't insult them because of how they look, i'm sorry i'm going so deep into this, but i must admit this is just going WAY to far. and it needs to end.

(message for gs4gurl, and amby)

-Atheana's Player
:D

Bobmuhthol
07-19-2003, 08:59 PM
I'm not attractive. I don't care. Make fun of me. Please. If you don't like it so much, don't register and don't post. Don't read posts. Just don't come here. The boards aren't going to end, and the boards are not going too far. You are wrong, and I have nothing more to say.

Weedmage Princess
07-19-2003, 09:00 PM
I dont know if this is just because I'm overly tired right now and in desperate need of more sleep but...is it just me or did that last post seem to be all over the place?

Bobmuhthol
07-19-2003, 09:07 PM
My post was a minute before yours, I'm not sure if you were talking about it. If you were, you're crazy. Go to sleep, crazy lady.

GS4Gurl
07-19-2003, 09:32 PM
Erm we are talking about the character Atheana not the player, 'theanie dear. Your post was kind of... scatterbrained so I'm not sure what you're talking about in most of it. But hey at least you understand you, right!? :D

Anyways we are talking about what characters annoy us. We cant help if yours fit in this category, still. :bounce:

Soooo wakie wakie and get a cluie. :!:

:lol:

[Edited on 7-20-2003 by GS4Gurl]

[Edited on 7-20-2003 by GS4Gurl]

Bobmuhthol
07-19-2003, 09:34 PM
Brackets for BB Code. Brackets.

GS4Gurl
07-19-2003, 09:37 PM
Ew I just annoyed myself with all the smileys! Die die die.. I'd edit them but naaw. tee heeeee

Bobmuhthol
07-19-2003, 09:40 PM
<<But hey at least you understand your, right!?>>

What the shit does that mean?

Weedmage Princess
07-19-2003, 09:42 PM
Haha Bob no I didn't mean you, sneaking your post in there to screw me up..heh.. I meant ElvenRangeress or whatever...

GS4Gurl
07-19-2003, 09:42 PM
It means I need to proof read more often. Bobmutholatum.

ElvenRangeress
07-19-2003, 09:46 PM
well no matter if you understood my post or not, it was directed to gs4gurl, and amby as i said. so of course i wouldn't expect you or anyone besides them to understand.

Weedmage Princess
07-19-2003, 09:51 PM
Okay.

GS4Gurl
07-19-2003, 09:52 PM
You really have a habit of not making sense. Like you said uh these boards are sooooooooo wrong. Well hell then don't read them. If you don't like how people perceive (bob is this correct spelling?) your character then perhaps a re-evaluation of how you roleplay it. In all seriousness though you really need to grow thicker skin and not take whats said about your character so personally. We can't help it if you fit the category at the moment! :lol:

Bobmuhthol
07-19-2003, 09:56 PM
Heh, yes, you spelled perceive correctly. And you forgot an apostrophe in "what's."

GS4Gurl
07-19-2003, 10:27 PM
BLAST! I knew I would get something wrong!

Chyrain
07-19-2003, 10:34 PM
wow..this thread really reminded me of why I choose not to have any "girl" friends.

me-ow.

Halfsilver
07-19-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by GS4Gurl
ANYHOW... I dont even want to get into it all again. You haven't gotten a clue yet and never will so ....whatever.

i don't deal in clues, wench.
i just like irritating you.
i bet you respond to this post...haha, so i must be doing something right.

-grays

"hey, i used to be nice...but where'd that get me?"

Halfsilver
07-19-2003, 11:25 PM
Ew I just annoyed myself with all the smileys! Die die die.. I'd edit them but naaw. tee heeeee

and you edited it twice, moron...it says so in your post.

gah...some people...

::snicker::

-grays

GS4Gurl
07-19-2003, 11:36 PM
Soooo at least I try to spell right and punctuate.

Try it some time.

:P

Halfsilver
07-19-2003, 11:55 PM
Soooo at least I try to spell right and punctuate.

Try it some time.

:P

yeah because you know i'm trying to pass a grammer test when i post.

who the hell cares? you understood what i said, right?

yeesh.

-grays... i seem to have gotten the hang of this message board thing.... :!:

Bobmuhthol
07-19-2003, 11:56 PM
I think you meant to say grammar.

GS4Gurl
07-19-2003, 11:58 PM
Bob please explain to Grays the reasonin fer proper spellin and stuff. You know splain to him how to sound edumackated.

Bobmuhthol
07-19-2003, 11:59 PM
The reason proper spelling and grammar is imperitive is so you don't look like a total jackass. You jackass.

ElvenRangeress
07-19-2003, 11:59 PM
what does splain mean? hehe

Bobmuhthol
07-20-2003, 12:00 AM
She's just stupid, that's all.

ElvenRangeress
07-20-2003, 12:01 AM
i agree with you on something! yay!

Halfsilver
07-20-2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
The reason proper spelling and grammar is imperitive is so you don't look like a total jackass. You jackass.

hoo sais i care if i luk like a jakass?

woo! you'll never know, i suppose.

hahaha.

-the master Grays.

Betheny
07-20-2003, 12:14 AM
Dunno if you look like a jackass. Unless jackass = lazy or something.

Halfsilver
07-20-2003, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Maimara
Dunno if you look like a jackass. Unless jackass = lazy or something.

oh gah...
another one...

where do they come from?!

:( -grays

Caels
07-20-2003, 01:20 AM
Haha, Bob's not attractive and he doesn't care.

j/k

Bobmuhthol
07-20-2003, 01:25 AM
You're mean, Caels!

Betheny
07-20-2003, 06:02 AM
I think that came out wrong.

I meant it like this: You're probably not a jackass, you're probably just a lazy typist.

And that, so far as I know, is not an indictable offense. I don't think there's a 'Department of Punctuation and Grammar' in the CIA or FBI.. or even in your local police department.

Unless those dreams... weren't dreams...

OH GOD NO!!! IT'S NOT REAL!!!

[plz note the sarcasm, plzkthx]

Halfsilver
07-20-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Maimara
I think that came out wrong.

I meant it like this: You're probably not a jackass, you're probably just a lazy typist.

heh, oh...you're right, i misinterpreted it.
i am a lazy typist, damn it.

-grays

Praefection
07-25-2003, 06:59 AM
I don't know a lot of the names listed personally but have either heard of them or just seen them around IG. One of my biggest wishes is that people would just "get" what is considered RP and what isn't. Although, if they did we wouldn't have so much fun bitching on these boards about the folks to love to hate. Right?

Praefection
07-25-2003, 07:01 AM
I should also add that I shouldn't be posting when my brain is mush and I can't think straight. Slaughter my words at will.