PDA

View Full Version : Hunting ideas?

Arqueto
08-30-2004, 03:14 AM
Does anyone have any suggestions as far as hunting goes for a level 58 warrior? I haven't been around since GSIV came around, and am curious as to what is good these days. I use an OHE/shield, and swing around 350 or so, wear full plate, 35% redux or thereabouts... any ideas for me?

Thanks for your help.

Nakiro
08-30-2004, 03:19 AM
What ton do you reside in?

Arqueto
08-30-2004, 03:36 AM
I live in the Landing right now, but am thinking about moving to the Isle if there is any good hunting there. Hell, I'd be willing to move anywhere. New scenery would be interesting, especially as long as it's been since I have been around.

Xinister
08-30-2004, 08:24 AM
Do you hide and ambush?

If you do, Harbs and TKs from the Landing are easy.

If you want more of a challenge, then the Illoke.

Also, Stone Giants are now 58 in landing.

On Teras:
If you want undead, Wind Wraiths.

If you want live, Pyrothags.

They are almost the same critters as if you were in GS3. Nothing is a challenge in GS4 for a warrior.

Parkbandit
08-30-2004, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by XinisterNothing is a challenge in GS4 for a warrior.

LOL... unless they cast spells, then you are toast.

Xinister
08-30-2004, 08:37 AM
Actually, spells are not as dangerous to a warrior as in GS3.

Harbs have a higher chance of missing me and they are still higher train than me.

They can't cast at things they can't see.

Xinister

Originally posted by Parkbandit

Originally posted by XinisterNothing is a challenge in GS4 for a warrior.

LOL... unless they cast spells, then you are toast.

Zanagodly
08-30-2004, 08:42 AM
You should be hunting Temple Wyneb till rift or tower age.

theotherjohn
08-30-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Xinister

If you want more of a challenge, then the Illoke.

Also, Stone Giants are now 58 in landing.

Nothing is a challenge in GS4 for a warrior.

Stone giants are the hardest creature to kill in the stronghold. They are much harder than the Illoke. The only danger from Illoke are if they fall on you.

just feint them, tackle or something similiar and swing they are dead.

Parkbandit
08-30-2004, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Xinister
Actually, spells are not as dangerous to a warrior as in GS3.

Harbs have a higher chance of missing me and they are still higher train than me.

They can't cast at things they can't see.

Xinister

Many warriors do not go the hide/ambush route as their main attack.

Xinister
08-30-2004, 09:01 AM
I agree that Stone Giants are much harder now. I'll have to test Illoke again to see any changes.

Originally posted by theotherjohn
Stone giants are the hardest creature to kill in the stronghold. They are much harder than the Illoke. The only danger from Illoke are if they fall on you.

just feint them, tackle or something similiar and swing they are dead.

I agree here too. However, with all the new CMLs, the warrior is hard to catch.

Tactics is what matters. For certain critters, I do not even hide, since it wastes 3 secs. I just ambush neck with my claidhmore from the open and be done with it.

As for others (ie Harbs), I usually disarm and tackle. They are sitting ducks after that.

Xinister

Originally posted by ParkbanditMany warriors do not go the hide/ambush route as their main attack.

Stunseed
08-30-2004, 10:50 AM
< 35% redux >

Surely that cannot be correct. My Ranger is over 10 trains younger and has near that amount.

www.xygon.net has a redux calculator, or Bob will take a screenshot using a TI-83.

StrayRogue
08-30-2004, 10:57 AM
Don't just check it once. Check about ten times, all using different endrolls. Sometimes Xygon's over or underestimates your redux.

Stunseed
08-30-2004, 10:59 AM
Yeah, forgot to say that, as a rule of thumb I use 10 hits. There are occasions where Xygon's is quirky, in most cases I know Stun's average so I discard those.

fallenSaint
08-30-2004, 11:32 AM
Yea so Im behind the times on the redux thing someone tell me what Xygon's is exactly and where do I get it? Sounds like its a calculator of the sorts and Id enjoy a good one.

theotherjohn
08-30-2004, 12:06 PM
I just wanted to point out. Once you get old enough to hunt the tower. It is so easy for a warrior. well my voln warrior. Im serious. I can hunt there without even paying attention. Every now and then I will get nightmared but whatever with 3x PT you enjoy the show and not even stop swinging.

It is a great time to be a warrior

Latrinsorm
08-30-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by fallenSaint
Yea so Im behind the times on the redux thing someone tell me what Xygon's is exactly and where do I get it? Sounds like its a calculator of the sorts and Id enjoy a good one. xygon.net

I recommend doing it yourself, though.