PDA

View Full Version : What if you were in charge?

08-24-2003, 07:09 PM
Let's try something new... If you had the power to lock out any character in GS for good, who would it be and why? I'm curious.

Artha
08-24-2003, 07:19 PM
Hmmm...so many choices.

Urdragon/Odiscea jump to mind. Garr annoys me too...and he continually ignores his own warnings. Maybe Lisu, but only because she's into cybering with kids.

[Edited on 8-24-2003 by Artha]

Suppa Hobbit Mage
08-24-2003, 07:24 PM
Warclaidhm. I honestly don't think it is necessary to go into the why's. His idiotic antics and rule violations, abuse of warn and lack of rp should be enough.

My initial thought on him was he was "simple" as in, mentally retarded. Now I realize for all intents and purposes, he is just stupid and ignorant.

Artha
08-24-2003, 07:26 PM
Oooh, I forgot about Warclaidhm. Also, almost anyone appearing in that 'stupid names' thread would get LCIed.

Betheny
08-24-2003, 07:31 PM
Quest whores would have to go. And messily.

Edaarin
08-24-2003, 08:11 PM
I've told a lot of people that the first chance I get, I'm going to buy Simutronics from Whatley and then close down everything. And then watch as panic ensues.

Drew2
08-24-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Edaarin
I've told a lot of people that the first chance I get, I'm going to buy Simutronics from Whatley and then close down everything. And then watch as panic ensues.

::cackles::
I think you would seriously and honestly send many people into therapy.

Weedmage Princess
08-24-2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Artha
Maybe Lisu, but only because she's into cybering with kids.

[Edited on 8-24-2003 by Artha]

C'mon...that's not right. That's a pretty nasty rumor to start spreading...no matter how much you may hate her, disagree with what she does, etc. That's just not right.

Artha
08-24-2003, 09:37 PM
Last I heard, she doesn't check ages of people she cybers with, nor is she appologetic about that.

Taernath
08-24-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Artha
Last I heard, she doesn't check ages of people she cybers with, nor is she appologetic about that.

I don't know exactly how she'd go about checking someone's age when they could easily lie about it.

Anyway, there are a lot of people I think GS would be better off without. One the sticks out in my mind the most is Vif, because she's been here a long while and is still OOC and annoying.

CrystalTears
08-24-2003, 10:47 PM
There's already a huge thread, plus a few other threads specifically about Lisu (not that she needs the extra attention anyway). Keep those comments there please.

People who are consistantly OOC and disruptive should be the first to go.

Drew2
08-24-2003, 11:07 PM
Why hasn't anyone voted me off the isle yet?

Artha
08-24-2003, 11:18 PM
Because you're funny, that's why.

Back
08-24-2003, 11:26 PM
If I was in charge...

I'd enforce the roleplaying. I'd ban anyone who went OOC more than three times. Three strike rule. I'd enforce the over 18 policy. And I would create some custom uber gear, set all stats at 100, and throw extra TPs for my chars.

Betheny
08-24-2003, 11:28 PM
The strategy is this: Vote off all the REAL competition while you can, that way when things get hectic, you can just outsmart the silly ones left.

Weedmage Princess
08-24-2003, 11:36 PM
If I were in charge, I'd lock out anyone who looked at me funny, or pissed me off...Cause I'd have absolute power <evil cackle>

Heh...seriously, before I'd think about locking out anyone, I'd take a long hard look at policy, make a few changes here and there..and start enforcing it. Whoever I saw breaking the rules then would get a couple of chances, then after strike 3, they'd get the ol' heave-ho.

theotherjohn
08-24-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Weedmage Princess
Heh...seriously, before I'd think about locking out anyone, I'd take a long hard look at policy, make a few changes here and there..and start enforcing it. Whoever I saw breaking the rules then would get a couple of chances, then after strike 3, they'd get the ol' heave-ho.

I also think if rules were enforced with no exceptions then there would be less people on the many lists that populate this board

Halfsilver
08-25-2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by theotherjohnI also think if rules were enforced with no exceptions then there would be less people on the many lists that populate this board

No, that's not true. People would still find reasons complain. It's just the nature of things. I'd wager that the lists would be just as long, if not longer. What...with all that rule enforcing, everyone would have PLENTY to bitch about.

:no:

-grays

08-25-2003, 12:27 AM
Let's see... I have a long list of people I'd lock out too.

First is Heavenmoon. My god that woman has some serious issues. One person that she was friends with gave her, his password, and one night when she got overly pissed off at him for one reason or another, she deeded him by using sign of hopelessness. The GM's wouldn't restore the character either because he shouldn't have given access to his character in the first place. Plus, I had a run in with Tsabrak on Teras where he was camped in the wind wraith basin where the vials pop up. After I called him greedy, I was essentially hunted down by him and Heavenmoon while on Teras until finally I left. I've heard some things from other people that she had all her cronies gang up on them because someone started flirting with her man. That woman definitely needs to go.

Next Zarvon. I'm sure many of you read Sintik's posts about Zarvon, and how he lied to my friends to turn them against Sintik. Later on when confronted, Zarvon stated that he made it all up and he was really at fault.

And last, but certainly not least, there's Vif. Her behavior speaks for itself.

Vif knowingly says, "What the heck are you talking about?"

And one last thing... I considered putting Warclaidhm here, but decided against it. He's harmless really. He's just a misguided kid who makes himself a really easy target. While I don't condone his actions, I can't really see how Elanthia would be closer to a Utopia without him.

Seazarius

Solkern
08-25-2003, 12:25 PM
First of all, if i was in charge, I'd take gemstone back about 5 years, start asking players to meet me in a certain place, and start writing down realistic ideas for change they have, change that the players want, and i wont take 8 years to do it. Then instead of expanding gemstone, I would finish what we currently have, and THEN expand, i'd reraise the level cap, to 200, and after i finish the current area we have, make an area, for high level hunting, i would stop having soo many damn merchants come around, and try to make alters something, it use to have...I remember when alters and toys were very very hard to get, and i miss those times, i'd try to bring that back also. I would also restore the enchant cap back to 10x. Buying and selling on ebay..would cease, selling/buying silvers would cease.
I would enforce rolepalying, and I for sure wont banned everyone cause some little twit complained and the GMs take there side, I would change the constable scripts, and make it so, FOR BIG TIME crimes such as murder, theft, and those sorts and for when people accidently cast 25 not 425 in the park, allow them to explain themselves, I remember when mellichon accidently 525 in the park, he got hit with a 50m fine or something like that, that would go. It would be like a real justice center, where people can explain what went wrong, and whatever GM i make play the judge, make a reasonable punishment, I mean for mellchon, I woul dhave made him give everyone he killed a deed, and apologize for casting the wrong spell.
Also, I would change the creature respawn rate, speed it up. I hate hunting for 30-45 mins cause theres no creatures. next off, I would change the way we absorb experiance and the way we train, I would make it so, based on level, is based on how much exp you get, not where you absorb it and it takes hours for it to arrive, I'm talking NWN style. no visiting trainers, when you reach a certain level, youtrain whereever the fuck you want to train.I would always change the tables back to normal, cant stand that they dont need to be invited bullshit. I would also finish all the spells for all chars, I would also make it so, characters at level have an option between spells, such as when you hit level 20 on a wizard...in the wizard phere, I would make it such as you can pick summon pet, or you have other selections, so it's more versitile in game, and not everyone has the same damn spells, it woul dbe like that for all levels, then i would also get rid of mandatory reallocation. WOF and wizard shield...back to normal....hmm thats enough for now

Parkbandit
08-25-2003, 12:49 PM
It's quite easy to say what we would or wouldn't do... now come up with a fool proof plan to do it and remain profitable.. since Simutronics is a business.

One of the reasons for Gemstone's popularity and longevity is the fact that it's a successful business. Any decision for change they make must keep the bottom line as their main focus.