PDA

View Full Version : Selling a MCP +36MBP

Kazner
07-31-2013, 11:12 PM
Great RTCF project! I can see an ASG change in the near future maybe make some full plate?? Standard Auction. Buyouts will be considered.
I will be moving this auction along pretty fast! I plan on closing this out so the winner will have it in his hands before RTCF starts at 9:00pm this Friday.
MB 70M
CB 70 Menos SOLD

a deep grey metal breastplate: MCP +36 enchant

It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of vultite

The first thing that strikes you about the breastplate is the weight, which is about 12 pounds (ML). In your best estimation, it's worth about 75,100,000 silvers. You can also tell that there is some type of metal in the structure of the grey metal breastplate."

You sense a faint aura of magic around the grey metal breastplate. From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the breastplate is as some type of defensive garment."

"It has a bonus of +36 from a normal breastplate, and the way it vibrates in tune with your voice tells you that it is plate armor. It also has some type of special ability, but you can't tell what yet."

The harmonics generated tell you that the breastplate serves to reduce the severity of inflicted wounds."

>assess breast
You assess the breastplate for structural weaknesses and strengths.

Careful examination indicates the grey metal breastplate has a base strength of 75 and a base durability of 515. You also determine the current integrity of the grey metal breastplate to be at 100.0%.

Examining the breastplate closely, it looks like it is masterfully padded against critical blows.

Menos
08-01-2013, 07:13 AM

Helsfeld
08-01-2013, 12:26 PM
And the only guy spending coins one day before a major event.... the award goes to menos.

I hate rich people.

Menos
08-01-2013, 01:51 PM
Well, since I'm not going to CCF, I don't have to worry about saving coins for it.

Buckwheet
08-01-2013, 02:03 PM
Some of us are and would either have bid before you or outbid you...damn you RtCF!

Helsfeld
08-01-2013, 05:17 PM
No cash?

Kazner
08-01-2013, 06:54 PM
Updated. I will get back tonight to you Hels on the cash question.

Kazner
08-01-2013, 07:33 PM
No cash?
I will do cash at a rate of $13.00per

HermieTheDentist
08-01-2013, 10:39 PM
I will do cash at a rate of $13.00per

That's too low for Hels..He likes to pay $15/m
<insert devious snickering>

Kazner
08-01-2013, 10:55 PM
going twice. Will be sold tomorrow before 9:00pm

Slit-eye
08-02-2013, 05:25 AM
As a side, this piece is most likely capped on cost for the AsG service (250m)

Lord Orbstar
08-02-2013, 05:57 AM
250m. Holy Fuck. that is horrible. What will I be able to do with my 10x DCP leather armor? Nothing?

PS: awesome breastplate.

Slit-eye
08-02-2013, 06:50 AM
leather is far cheaper... and decent crit padding isn't that big of a deal to the cost mechanics. The AsG pricing went based off of "What the final item would be" thus making this MBP to Full plate the same cost as Masterfully Crit Padding 8x Full plate.... which was capped.

Sav
08-02-2013, 10:56 AM
nvm

Sav
08-02-2013, 10:57 AM
oops again

Menos
08-02-2013, 11:01 AM
Not sure about +1 on the enchant, but being plate is the bigger issue I expect. They don't like plate users (if the costs of work are any indication). Of course, not going to CCF, so I don't have to worry about it.

Archigeek
08-02-2013, 11:04 AM
Once again, the pricing gor work on armor is shown to be bonkers. It's as if they think there's no value to the armor you bring to the table. First of all this class warfare vs squares is idiotic, second, the cost for ASG change should at worst be the amount of value increase, not the sum total of the new value. Seriously though, tying price to Gemstone's wonky, largely arbitrary values makes very little sense to begin with.

Thondalar
08-02-2013, 11:53 AM
Once again, the pricing gor work on armor is shown to be bonkers. It's as if they think there's no value to the armor you bring to the table. First of all this class warfare vs squares is idiotic, second, the cost for ASG change should at worst be the amount of value increase, not the sum total of the new value. Seriously though, tying price to Gemstone's wonky, largely arbitrary values makes very little sense to begin with.

It makes perfect sense if you assume their only reason to do anything they do is to remove silvers from the economy.

Also, I just thought of this...most of the wealthiest people in Gemstone are rogues or warriors, at least as far as what character they play most and have the coolest shit for...so this makes the above make even more sense.

neimanz1
08-02-2013, 12:58 PM
wizards are the wealthiest. rogues and warriors are broke

Buckwheet
08-02-2013, 01:48 PM
250m. Holy Fuck. that is horrible. What will I be able to do with my 10x DCP leather armor? Nothing?

PS: awesome breastplate.

Probably like 50m or so for the service either minus the auction price or plus the slot price.

Archigeek
08-02-2013, 02:44 PM
It makes perfect sense if you assume their only reason to do anything they do is to remove silvers from the economy.

Also, I just thought of this...most of the wealthiest people in Gemstone are rogues or warriors, at least as far as what character they play most and have the coolest shit for...so this makes the above make even more sense.

Let's see, we want to remove silvers from the economy, (which as a goal is a myth anyway by the way), so let's start by charging half the people more for service than the other half! 5x more! Rawr! Oh wait, why not just charge everyone more for the service? But I'll stop there since this guy is actually trying to sell something and I don't want to clutter up his thread anymore.

Good luck with your sale.

Kazner
08-02-2013, 03:32 PM
Highest bid by 8:30 tonight wins this!

m444w
08-02-2013, 04:19 PM
Highest bid by 8:30 tonight wins this!

Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of the current once, twice, etc... you are doing?

I know you want to end it by the start of ccf, but you should offer right of counter offer to your current high bidder to prevent a last minute snipe, as well as insure you get the most silvers for your armor.

Kazner
08-02-2013, 08:30 PM
and sold