PDA

View Full Version : Paul vs. Christie

ClydeR
07-31-2013, 10:57 AM
In previous rounds of this match, Christie called Paul's libertarianism dangerous. Paul responded that Christie might bankrupt the government by asking for so much Sandy money.

(CNN) – The feuding between Republicans Chris Christie and Rand Paul continued Tuesday as the senator from Kentucky cautioned the governor from New Jersey was picking a fight with the wrong guy.

In an interview on CNN's "The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer," Paul defended himself against Christie's most recent allegations that the senator was bringing home too much money for his state.

"This is the king of bacon talking about bacon," Paul said about Christie. Both are considered potential 2016 contenders for the Republican presidential nomination.

Earlier in the day, the outspoken governor chastised Kentucky for taking more federal money than New Jersey, saying the Blue Grass state gets back $1.51 on every dollar it sends to Washington, while the Garden State receives 61 cents.

"So if Senator Paul wants to start looking at where he's going to cut spending to afford defense, maybe he should start cutting the pork barrel spending that he brings home to Kentucky," Christie told reporters Tuesday in Little Ferry.

More... (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/07/30/paul-christie-is-the-king-of-bacon-on-government-spending/)

LOL at Rand Paul thinking he has a chance of getting the GOP presidential nomination! Paul has about as much chance of getting the GOP nomination as you do.

And have you seen Christie lately? He looks good.

Methais
07-31-2013, 11:18 AM
Maybe they'll kiss and make up in time to present the Paul/Christie 2016 ticket. But then they'd fight over whether it should be Paul/Christie or Christie/Paul.

They should settle it with a 100 yard dash.

Methais
07-31-2013, 12:37 PM
Rand Paul is just like Mitt Romney. Not the man his father is. He'll get the nom.

How is he just like Mitt Romney? Just curious. His hair has nothing on Romney's for one.

Warriorbird
07-31-2013, 01:15 PM
Rand Paul is just like Mitt Romney. Not the man his father is. He'll get the nom.

LOL. Butthurt Ron Paul supporter rep already received.

In Christie's defense this was a pretty solid response. I personally dislike the Huffington Post but I'm posting it from there just for you, butthurt Ron Paul supporter. Remember, I also called the Romney nomination right.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/30/chris-christie-rand-paul_n_3677558.html

Methais
08-01-2013, 10:04 AM
He's a tamed down principal-less version of his father, who is a great man. First time I ever wondered if you were secretly a high school cheerleader.

Way to dodge the point about Romney's superior hair.

Warriorbird
08-01-2013, 10:34 AM
Way to dodge the point about Romney's superior hair.

If hair got you the Presidency, Jon Huntsman would've had a shot!

EDIT:

Little anonymous Ron Paul fan, you're going to be sold down the river. Then again, you probably don't even know who George Romney was.

Thread: Paul vs. Christie

I always knew you were fairly unintelligent, but wow, I had no idea you were so proud of it.

Parkbandit
08-01-2013, 10:55 AM

Go through the ways Rand Paul is just like Mitt Romney? I'm bored and this could be entertaining...

Also, if you would care to make a wager on Rand Paul becoming the Republican nominee.. I'm game.

Methais
08-01-2013, 10:55 AM
If hair got you the Presidency...

Why shouldn't it? If skin color does it now, why not hair?

Wrathbringer
08-01-2013, 11:26 AM
Rand Paul has many of the same values his father championed. Difference is, Rand is a far better orator, understands the concept of tact, and plays the Washington/politics game very well while Ron refused to play at all. That said, Rand has the same agenda his father had and as such will unfortunately never be on a winning Presidential ticket in any capacity.

Warriorbird
08-01-2013, 11:51 AM
Rand Paul has many of the same values his father championed. Difference is, Rand is a far better orator, understands the concept of tact, and plays the Washington/politics game very well while Ron refused to play at all. That said, Rand has the same agenda his father had and as such will unfortunately never be on a winning Presidential ticket in any capacity.

You sort of undercut your own argument. He's willing to bargain away any of his principles if it gets him what he wants, just like Mitt Romney. It gives him a shot at the nomination.

Wrathbringer
08-01-2013, 12:07 PM
You sort of undercut your own argument. He's willing to bargain away any of his principles if it gets him what he wants, just like Mitt Romney. It gives him a shot at the nomination.

That's not even close to what I said. I remember why I stopped perusing this folder now. Thanks for the reminder.

Warriorbird
08-01-2013, 12:12 PM
That's not even close to what I said. I remember why I stopped perusing this folder now. Thanks for the reminder.

Uhm, no. It was what I said apart from the bit of what you said that I quoted. That's kind of how discussion works.

Parkbandit
08-01-2013, 12:46 PM
Uhm, no. It was what I said apart from the bit of what you said that I quoted. That's kind of how discussion works.

lulwut?

Methais
08-01-2013, 02:39 PM

Please quote the relevant parts of your posts that you're referring to where this applies, because I'm not seeing it. And I doubt anyone else is too.

Latrinsorm
08-01-2013, 04:56 PM
I guess you could say "plays the politics game" doesn't mean to compromise on principles, but what else would it mean?