PDA

View Full Version : Darkstone

Asha
08-26-2004, 04:35 AM
How many ranks in perception is needed to see the bent spike in the Iron maiden . . roughly?

Chadj
08-26-2004, 04:36 AM
I've done it with 0. I've done it with 5. and 10. and 30.

To get it most of the time, 15 should to the trick.

Asha
08-26-2004, 04:41 AM
That was fast . . Go to bed Veenhoff . . (dunno if it is still your name , but to me it is)

DeV
08-26-2004, 08:27 AM
I've done it with 0 most of the time. What trips me up is prying open the gap! Ughhh...took me 15 minutes just to do that once.

Asha
08-26-2004, 04:08 PM
Check this out!. . .

Obvious exits: out
>search
You found a slightly bent spike which is off color from the rest, as though it had been touched by many hands over the years.
>turn bent spike
Taking care not to injure yourself, you grasp the bent spike, and try to turn it.
It rotates smoothly, and you hear a click from somewhere beneath you. Suddenly, a trap door opens in the floor under your feet, dropping you down a narrow shaft! The shaft quickly turns into a slide, and moments later, you fly out of a hatch, and land in an ungainly heap on a hard floor.

[Darkstone, Dungeon]

Obvious exits: northeast, southwest
>
You feel a rumble come from beneath your feet.
Dirt and rock explode from the ground beneath you as a roa'ter erupts from underground and crashes onto the surface!
Rocks and dirt pelt you as you are thrown into the air!
... 60 points of damage!
Blow to back crushes your spinal column.
Talk about no backbone!
The tingling sensation and sense of security leaves you.
The powerful look leaves you.
The very powerful look leaves you.
The white light leaves you.
The deep blue glow leaves you.
The silvery luminescence fades from around you.
A dark shadow seems to detach itself from your body, swiftly dissipating into the air.
The air calms down around you.
You feel less confident than before.
The brilliant luminescence fades from around you.
The bright luminescence fades from around you.
The light blue glow leaves you.

It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...

You realize that you have no outstanding favors which Lorminstra owes you, and without having accomplished a deed for Her, your soul is in danger of vanishing from the land forever!

...departing in 10 mins...
You come crashing back into the ground!
A roa'ter slithers southwest.

That was slightly upsetting . . . Instaburrow = Nice.

El Burro
08-26-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Nevermind
Check this out!. . .

Obvious exits: out
>search
You found a slightly bent spike which is off color from the rest, as though it had been touched by many hands over the years.
>turn bent spike
Taking care not to injure yourself, you grasp the bent spike, and try to turn it.
It rotates smoothly, and you hear a click from somewhere beneath you. Suddenly, a trap door opens in the floor under your feet, dropping you down a narrow shaft! The shaft quickly turns into a slide, and moments later, you fly out of a hatch, and land in an ungainly heap on a hard floor.

[Darkstone, Dungeon]

Obvious exits: northeast, southwest
>
You feel a rumble come from beneath your feet.
Dirt and rock explode from the ground beneath you as a roa'ter erupts from underground and crashes onto the surface!
Rocks and dirt pelt you as you are thrown into the air!
... 60 points of damage!
Blow to back crushes your spinal column.
Talk about no backbone!
The tingling sensation and sense of security leaves you.
The powerful look leaves you.
The very powerful look leaves you.
The white light leaves you.
The deep blue glow leaves you.
The silvery luminescence fades from around you.
A dark shadow seems to detach itself from your body, swiftly dissipating into the air.
The air calms down around you.
You feel less confident than before.
The brilliant luminescence fades from around you.
The bright luminescence fades from around you.
The light blue glow leaves you.

It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...

You realize that you have no outstanding favors which Lorminstra owes you, and without having accomplished a deed for Her, your soul is in danger of vanishing from the land forever!

...departing in 10 mins...
You come crashing back into the ground!
A roa'ter slithers southwest.

That was slightly upsetting . . . Instaburrow = Nice.

Was it following you? I don't think they just instaburrow like that but I guess I could be wrong :shrug:

Stunseed
08-26-2004, 04:28 PM
My Wizard turns the spike with 15 ranks pretty easily.

Artha
08-26-2004, 04:28 PM
Someone walked through, it burrowed down, then he walked in and it burrowed on him. That's my guess, anyway.

Asha
08-26-2004, 04:56 PM
I have no doubt Artha was right but . . . No sir . . I didnt like it.
:flamed: