PDA

View Full Version : About my scripts "The correct <critter name> hunter"

imported_Kranar
08-25-2004, 08:39 PM
For all my scripts, they can be started in the hunting area for which they were made.

They all will attempt to skin the critter if it is skinnable and then sell the skins to the furrier, depositing all silvers into the bank.

If the critter has treasure such as gems, it will sell the gems as well and deposit the silvers.

They are all designed with one purpose in mind, the ability to hunt away from your keyboard, 24 hours of the day, 7 days of the week. I only make scripts for critters that can be hunted in such a fashion and the script is designed in such a way so as to never fail unless something exceptional occurs (such as an inoccasional knockdown effect).

If you notice that anyone of my scripts do not conform to the above specifications, please respond in the thread that the script was made available stating the error and I will correct it when I have time.

StrayRogue
08-25-2004, 08:41 PM
Nice one Kranar. Now, could you please take alook at my spectre hunter and help me figure out why the hell its poaching? Pretty please.

imported_Kranar
08-25-2004, 08:56 PM
The following are the resting and starting points for all scripts depending on location:

The Landing:
A table at Frith&#039;s Inn

Solhaven:
A table at the Solhaven Inn

Icemule:
A table at the Nightowl Pub

River&#039;s Rest:
A table at the River&#039;s Rest Inn

imported_Kranar
08-25-2004, 09:00 PM
If you are a spell caster and need to spell yourself up after a hunt, simply replace:

spellup:
pause 360
goto continuehunt

With:

spellup:
infuse 1
waitfor You feel at full magical power again.
put prep &lt;spellname&gt;
waitfor You
put cast
waitfor You
pause 4
goto continuehunt

Additionally, in some cases it is possible that your spells will wear off before you manage to fry. This is especially true if you&#039;re script hunting something 8-9 levels below you. If you find this to be the case then replace:

checkexp:
waitfor [
put exp
match gorest You must rest
match R1 Your mind is
matchwait

With the following:

checkexp:
waitfor [
put time
match gorest :35 by the elven
match gorest :36 by the elven
match gorest :37 by the elven
match gorest :38 by the elven
match gorest :39 by the elven
match gorest :05 by the elven
match gorest :06 by the elven
match gorest :07 by the elven
match gorest :08 by the elven
match gorest :09 by the elven
match R1 currently
matchwait

That ensures that you only hunt for 30 minutes, spellup, and return to hunting. You can modify the times to more accurately reflect your spell durations.

[Edited on 8-26-2004 by Kranar]

Nakiro
08-25-2004, 09:10 PM
Kind of sad that i see you advocating being AFK while using a script, but oh well!

imported_Kranar
08-25-2004, 09:20 PM
&lt;&lt; Kind of sad that i see you advocating being AFK while using a script, but oh well! &gt;&gt;

You are free to use these scripts in any manner that you so choose, and are free to modify them in any way that you so choose without having to give me any credit for it.

Many scripts I see here are not designed with long term scripting in mind and often times avoid making many checks with the intent that an individual is paying attention to the game while scripting.

None of my scripts have this requirement, which is why I state that if at anytime the script fails for reasons that are not uncommon to the hunting ground, or for a general reason such as lag, to report that as an error since these scripts are infact designed to run 24 hours a day, 7 days a week without any maintanence on the part of the user.

Nakiro
08-25-2004, 09:28 PM
Yah I agree with your scripting goal; being able to make a script that runs independent of player control.

But, saying that its designed to run AFK conveys a different meaning to me.