PDA

View Full Version : Clothing and Scars

Shalla
08-25-2004, 10:00 AM
Besides other people who wear nothing but a skimpy outfit in game. Why do we see scars when wearing heavy clothing/armor?

I mean if someone is hurt in game.. for example on someone's abdominal area. They are wearing armor. If they are bleeding.. of course their wounds would be visible.. but if they have a scar? why is it visible? Naturally, shouldn't it disappear the same way tattoos disappear when you cover yourself up?

Unless there's technicalities involved..

StrayRogue
08-25-2004, 10:03 AM
Because we don't have a layered clothing system. Because empaths wouldn't know what to heal if they couldn't see the wounds. Because the system was designed over 15 years ago.

Shalla
08-25-2004, 10:27 AM
Aren't we having layered clothing soon?

Latrinsorm
08-25-2004, 10:48 AM
We're supposed to have a lot of things soon, new clothing system included.

As a general rule, don't expect Gemstone to make sense, and you won't have to worry about stuff like this.

KymberlynX
08-25-2004, 12:38 PM
The way I would see it is this. When you got cut, whatever cut you also cut through your clothing/armor so even though you are healed down to a scar, the scar still shows through the cut in your clothing/armor. Now if you're the type that changes into fresh clothing when you return to town...I can't explain it. :P

Bobmuhthol
08-25-2004, 02:59 PM
You can go ahead and completely destroy the empath profession by doing that if you want. My suggestion, though, is to get rid of the injury system altogether. But not being able to see injuries.. that'll teach those bastards.

The Cat In The Hat
08-25-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
Because we don't have a layered clothing system. Because empaths wouldn't know what to heal if they couldn't see the wounds. Because the system was designed over 15 years ago.

As an empath, I would really like to see wounds covered by clothing like armor, where you couldn't see the blood, not be visable. Would be a nice change in interaction for XXX to actually SAY my tummys bleeding and have to remove his armor for us to heal it.

Hey... we could get a LOT of people out of their pants this way! Sign me up!

Snapp
08-25-2004, 03:23 PM
They could always have empaths "sense" that "so and so has a wounded abdomen" or something to that effect. Although, I'd think that if they got slashed or fireballed on their abdomen, their clothes would be ripped, singed, or blood-soaked. I'd hate to see that happen to some of my items.

[Edited on 8-25-2004 by Snapp]

KymberlynX
08-25-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Snapp
They could always have empaths "sense" that "so and so has a wounded abdomen" or something to that effect. Although, I'd think that if they got slashed or fireballed on their abdomen, their clothes would be ripped, singed, or blood-soaked. I'd hate to see that happen to some of my items.

[Edited on 8-25-2004 by Snapp]

Well...if any of you watch Charmed...that's exactly what Phoebe does with her empathic powers...she's senses things rather than sees them.

I like Cat's idea of having to say where you're hurt instead of just being able to see it...it would cut down on the vulturing.

The only thing I see as a problem is how do you heal a dead person who can't take their armor off??

Bobmuhthol
08-25-2004, 03:29 PM
If removing your armor is involved with healing, I quit. I'm not waiting for some dumbass to finally heal me correctly just to put my armor on again and get stuck for 20 seconds.

08-25-2004, 03:30 PM
It's done just to make the game easier. When you got imploded would you want all your gear vaporized too? When your arm got cut off, do you want to drop what is in your hand? It's done to make the game more enjoyable and should just be ignored.

- Arkans

The Cat In The Hat
08-25-2004, 04:10 PM
Something I've personally always thought was retarded was that our feet can't get injured/cut off. If hands can, why the hell NOT feet?

[Edited on 8-25-2004 by The Cat In The Hat]

Bobmuhthol
08-25-2004, 04:15 PM
I can see someone hitting me in the hand with a sword. Not often would someone be swinging at my toe.

Latrinsorm
08-25-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Arkans
When your arm got cut off, do you want to drop what is in your hand? Yes. That's one of my least favorite changes ever.