PDA

View Full Version : Women suck at shopping

08-24-2004, 11:18 PM
why do they have to take so damn long? It is really something, you know that?
I go to one store, buy what I want, am quick, and leave.

...But I don't leave, because I am waiting on the opposite sex to finish trying on all the clothes in every single store, and not buy a single fucking one, because it won't be the "perfect fit."

Attention all womens, please, I beg of thee, do not take such a long time shopping, I am going to have an aneurism.

Thank ya. I love you ladies.

Jonty
08-24-2004, 11:22 PM
:lol: This is why I simply do not shop with them.

Look at everything... buy nothing. :(

Chadj
08-24-2004, 11:35 PM
To quote a great wise one, this is because,

Some (most) [all] girls are also retarded.

[Edited on 8-25-2004 by Chadj]

Bobmuhthol
08-24-2004, 11:37 PM
<<Some (most) [all] girls are also retarded.>>

Damn I'm good.

Blazing247
08-24-2004, 11:57 PM
When I worked retail, I saw women shop for over 3 hours in the store. That's...sick. It really is an illness, but fortunately not all women are like that.

Tirayana
08-25-2004, 12:08 AM
Some women really enjoy taking a long time to shop. It is relaxing to them, clears the head. And plus, if you go home with a shitload of clothes it makes you feel happier.

..And probably sadder, too, since there's a new hole in the wallet.

~Tirayana

Jonty
08-25-2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Tirayana
if you go home with a shitload of clothes it makes you feel happier.

Yeah... IF. I've know females who've gone "shopping" with hardly any money....
I'm like, "Are you gonna buy something?"
them, "No."
me, "So... WHY THE FUCK ARE WE HERE?!?!?!?"

Chadj
08-25-2004, 03:32 AM
Yeah, I get that one sometimes too. 50% of the time, however, they are planning on convincing me to buy things for them.

Unless I am getting sex, they are not getting my money.

DianaBanana
08-25-2004, 09:33 AM
I dont suck at shopping. I went to Old Navy yesterday cause I had a gift card. I found a jacket I liked and got on the line. I spent more time waiting on line then I did shopping.

Shalla
08-25-2004, 09:44 AM
I don't try on clothes. I see something I like.. I buy it. I try it on when I get home.. if it doesn't fit? Mind-set would be like, It would look nice when I lose weight.. Needless to say my walk-in and armoires are full of clothes.. not to mention luggages. :shrug:

Aaysia
08-25-2004, 09:50 AM
ok.. I have to agree with this subject. I usually don't shop unless I have the money to pay for whatever and I know exactly what I'm getting.

If I have a vague idea I hate going because I'm really picky and WILL take 3 hours lookin for the perfect thing. because you don't want to buy something that gets an 'eh.. its alright I suppose..' :nono:

But for the last 2 times I went shopping with my friends.
1. we went to get a bikini for me. ended up buying EVERYTHING else but the bikini because I'm picky. Finally we found what I wanted. I loved it. We got it last heh.
2. went to get vacation clothes for my friend with no intention of buying anything for myself. Spent 3 hours in town bought nothing for her. Bought a vest and some shorts fo me :oops:

DeV
08-25-2004, 10:39 AM
I'm very picky so I prefer to shop alone. When I go shopping with a female I'll usually wait in the car or linger around the electronics section. Nine times out of ten I'll end up waiting around the store and playing my gameboy. <-- never leave home without it.

Soulpieced
08-25-2004, 10:44 AM
Unless I am getting sex, they are not getting my money.

*ding*

xtc
08-25-2004, 10:47 AM
Some advice for any guy don't go shopping with your wife, girlfriend, or female friends. It is usually a disaster, the guy can't wait to get out of the shop and the girl gets irritated by the man's impatience. In my life it has worked better when I meet them after they have finished shopping. Everyone is happy this way. They go shopping with their girlfriends and I do some thing I like .

Shalla
08-25-2004, 10:48 AM
Torture and agony before shopping right soulpieced? j/k :lol:

AnticorRifling
08-25-2004, 10:48 AM
Shopping is fun for me. Even if I'm not buying stuff for myself or the woman we can go spend an entire afternoon at the mall looking at stuff for the house or clothes for her. She doesn't go shopping for clothes for me though. She found out that when she says she doesn't like something it doesn't matter unless I don't like it. She does like the fact that I'm honest in my opinions on her clothing and I tend to be able to put together outfits really well.

Blazing247
08-25-2004, 01:13 PM
1)"We can go spend an entire afternoon at the mall looking at stuff for the house or clothes for her."
2)"Shopping is fun for me."
3)"I tend to be able to put together outfits really well."

R.I.P. Heterosexual Anticor, it was nice knowing you.

Chelle
08-25-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
Shopping is fun for me. Even if I'm not buying stuff for myself or the woman we can go spend an entire afternoon at the mall looking at stuff for the house or clothes for her. She doesn't go shopping for clothes for me though. She found out that when she says she doesn't like something it doesn't matter unless I don't like it. She does like the fact that I'm honest in my opinions on her clothing and I tend to be able to put together outfits really well.

You are so hot.

Shalla
08-25-2004, 01:45 PM
I hate shopping with guys. Unless he's gay.

I went with my boyfriend shopping before, and I bought and tried on a poncho when I got home.. and he was like my babe's wearing a curtain. :grr:

[Edited on 8-25-2004 by Lady Shalla]

Jenisi
08-25-2004, 01:48 PM
As a wise man once told me "Jeeze Angela, you don't take your boyfriend shopping, you take your gay friend."

AnticorRifling
08-25-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Blazing247
1)"We can go spend an entire afternoon at the mall looking at stuff for the house or clothes for her."
2)"Shopping is fun for me."
3)"I tend to be able to put together outfits really well."

R.I.P. Heterosexual Anticor, it was nice knowing you.

Shut up. We've been over this. I'm straight but I own at least 30 pairs of shoes. My belts and shoes always match, so does my jewelry. If it's a gold buckle them I'm wearing a gold watch, etc. I have a taste and a knack for fashion and spending time with the woman doesn't bother me. Hell I've gone out with some of her friends to help them get clothes for a dinner or interview.

Don't hate because I'm the best of both worlds.

Snapp
08-25-2004, 02:00 PM
As a wise man once told me "Jeeze Angela, you don't take your boyfriend shopping, you take your gay friend."

Damn right. A day trip shopping with my hags is always sure to be a blast.

edit to add the quote since Anticor so rudely posted before me.

[Edited on 8-25-2004 by Snapp]

Latrinsorm
08-25-2004, 05:16 PM
Hey Snapp, (or any other folks on the other [Anticor's ;)] team) does the "gay people love fashion/shopping" thing ever bother you?

Wezas
08-25-2004, 05:21 PM
I hate shopping with my girl.

If we're going for something inparticular - we always spend way too much fucking time in the women section. "Um, but we came for a desk fan" "Oh, but I'm just going to be a minute".

Everytime she wants to go shopping for clothes for her I always suggest she bring her sister or her mom. That usually works. Else I'm sitting with the 3 other guys on the couch outside the ladies change room and all 4 of us say the same thing when our woman comes out. "Looks nice, hun".

I also hate when she *helps* me shop. I like certain colors. No, I don't want that yellow shirt. No, I don't like that design. No I don't like what you picked out. Stop trying to change me. But I always cave and get one shirt (out of the 4-5 that I buy) that she likes.

And of course I never wear it.

Betheny
08-25-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Tirayana
Some women really enjoy taking a long time to shop. It is relaxing to them, clears the head. And plus, if you go home with a shitload of clothes it makes you feel happier.

..And probably sadder, too, since there's a new hole in the wallet.

~Tirayana

I hate shopping. A lot.

Chadj
08-25-2004, 05:34 PM
<3 Maimara for h8ing on shopping.

DeV
08-26-2004, 10:35 AM
I went shopping last night with my mom and stepdad. I felt so bad for my stepdad. :snicker: He ended up sitting in the chairs talking to this nice old man who was waiting for his wife the entire time.

I also discovered that I really should never shop for myself with another person, ever again. Picky is not an accurate description for the tortue I subjected my mother to.

Moral: Shopping sucks, new things don't.

Chelle
08-26-2004, 12:19 PM
That's why shopping online rules. Except you can't try on clothes. However, for other things it's great.

xtc
08-26-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by DarkelfVold
I went shopping last night with my mom and stepdad. I felt so bad for my stepdad. :snicker: He ended up sitting in the chairs talking to this nice old man who was waiting for his wife the entire time.

those chairs are the death chairs, every saleswomen gives you the look of sympathy because she knows u will there until ur dead

HarmNone
08-26-2004, 01:10 PM
Perhaps, Stanley, she was taking more time than usual with her shopping in hopes that you WOULD have an aneurism. ;)

HarmNone figures there's a reason for everything

Wezas
08-26-2004, 03:05 PM
Off topic. It was either post this here, or in Emislity's auto accident thread. I didn't think that would be too nice.

http://nwzx2.com/images/user/woman_driver.jpg

Latrinsorm
08-26-2004, 03:27 PM
Is that Kerry? Nah, can't be, not an SUV.

DeV
08-26-2004, 03:29 PM
Might be Kerry seeing as that guy can't seem to find the middle of the road.