PDA

View Full Version : Crilia.

Tirayana
08-24-2004, 12:43 PM
There's a really good reason why this thread is under this topic.

An in-game associate of mine, Jeazabelle, recently told me about an incident that I felt was totally wrong.

If anyone is familiar with the girl named Crilia, she is a pretty good roleplayer. She roleplays a girl with a lisp, which is really cool in my opinion. Anyway, Jeaz was hired to kill her. So she assassinated her. Out of nowhere, a GM pops up and claims that the assassination is a direct violation of policy. Which, if anyone has read the policy, it fucking is NOT. This GM was supposedly a friend of Crilia.

Anyway, after a lengthy discussion, Jeaz was warned for saying 'dammit', which is a little extreme, in my opinion. I say worse things than that and get no punishment. And also, Jeaz asked this GM to provide verbatim proof where it says in the policy that CvC is wrong. The GM could not only provide NO proof, but the GM claimed it was PvP, but it was completely an in-game incident. Jeaz doesn't know Crilia outside of GS, and the situation should have been handled as such.

Anyway, I wish I had a log to post so you all could see how horrendous it was. By the way, the policy says "In general, Simutronics will not get involved in a conflict confined to a small group of players unless it threatens to overlap to others or cause a generally disruptive influence on the game." Apparently, this must have been a non-general case. :eyeroll:

Didn't know friends of GMs get special perks. Fucking stupid.

~Tirayana

Chadj
08-24-2004, 12:45 PM
Retarded

Wezas
08-24-2004, 12:45 PM
It has been said many times: Murder for hire is against the rules. It is considered PvP - as the killer has no beef with the victim.

Get a grip and realize you're wrong.

Tirayana
08-24-2004, 12:54 PM
So assassins have no place in GemStone? I find that hard to grasp, Wezas.

A person that roleplays an assassin, like Jeazabelle, has a right to roleplay her position as much as you do.

~Tirayana, realized that assassinator is NOT a word..moron.

[Edited on 8-24-2004 by Tirayana]

Czeska
08-24-2004, 12:56 PM
This was discussed at Simucon when Bounties were brought up. Melissa specifically said, "No, we don't mean assassinations, we mean small quests."

crazymage
08-24-2004, 12:57 PM
no you still have to challenge the person or face risk of warning (holds up his 2 warnings)

Chadj
08-24-2004, 12:57 PM
No. Assasinations have no place IG. It IS against the rules. If it is not consented to, then it is not allowed. And no one signed an "I agreed to be killed IG at the whim of anyone" document.

Tirayana
08-24-2004, 01:00 PM
The point is the GM couldn't quote from the policy what part she violated, and that to me is stupid. If you can't quote it, don't warn her against it.

And assassinations do have a place IG, else they wouldn't fucking happen.

~Tirayana

CrystalTears
08-24-2004, 01:06 PM
Aw, why'd you name it Crilia when the complaint isn't about her? I was all ready to vent about her. Shucks.

On topic, however, assassins have always been frowned upon in the game. Even though it's IG, you have to set rules so that people don't run rampant killing people and say in defense, " I was hired to kill them." It just doesn't work.

Wezas
08-24-2004, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Tirayana
The point is the GM couldn't quote from the policy what part she violated, and that to me is stupid. If you can't quote it, don't warn her against it.

And assassinations do have a place IG, else they wouldn't fucking happen.

~Tirayana

Harass, threaten or embarrass another User of the Services or to cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort of such User, or any other person or entity. Simutronics does not condone harassment in any form and may suspend or terminate the account of any User who harasses others. Personal attacks, such as those based on a person's race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, lifestyle choice, disablement or other such affiliation, are strictly prohibited.

Pick which one you want, Unwanted Attention & Discomfort or Harassment. You had no right to attack someone who had nothing to do with you and who had no prior interaction with you.

Personally with your attitude, I would have suspended your ass for a few days.

Chadj
08-24-2004, 01:08 PM
<<And assassinations do have a place IG, else they wouldn't fucking happen. >>

No, they do not have a place IG.

And sorry, that was one of the dumbest things I've heard said for a while. It IS against policy. I know this, because I have an assasin character. You MUST, 100%, NO DOUBT, CLEARLY, get consent BEFORE making ANY hostile action towards a character. Otherwise it IS against policy.

Just because there is no place for it, doesn't mean that it does not happen. Annamari breaks her own warn and casts at me. Theres no place for that. Klaive quakes the park constantly. Theres no place for that. Coinner attacks for little or no reason all the time, speaks about 'fruiters', and says 'sup'. Theres no place for that. Just because there isn't a place for it, does not mean idiot people do not do it anyways.

08-24-2004, 01:15 PM
All the assassin has to say is that assassinee killed hirer's brother/sister/family member, that should take care of some problems.

Chadj
08-24-2004, 01:16 PM
I'm too lazy, someone bust out where it is that thats against policy. Because it is.

To clarify, you STILL need consent. If the person jumps out and starts attacking a close friend/family member, in front of you, then yes, you can intervene. But if someone had killed them in the past and you were not present, then you will need consent.

[Edited on 8-24-2004 by Chadj]

Fallen
08-24-2004, 01:27 PM
This is correct. You would have to roleplay the situation before hand. Even saying from the shadows, "I have been hired to kill you.", does not warrant consent.

You want to roleplay an assassin? Pick fights with your victims first. Hide and bother them. Once they point you out of hiding twice or more times, kill them. Things like that.

Tirayana
08-24-2004, 01:29 PM

Wasn't my problem, or my character. But thanks for the compliment.

~Tirayana

Tirayana
08-24-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Fallen
This is correct. You would have to roleplay the situation before hand. Even saying from the shadows, "I have been hired to kill you.", does not warrant consent.

You want to roleplay an assassin? Pick fights with your victims first. Hide and bother them. Once they point you out of hiding twice or more times, kill them. Things like that.

Yeah, that works. Very good point. I don't know if she RPed before hand, I don't think she did. But yeah..good point.

~Tirayana

Gan
08-24-2004, 01:40 PM
I think it boils down to who was killed. Will they report? Or will they go along with the event. And the GM and how they choose to enforce their discretionary authority.

I had a customer recently who had been the target of a hit, but due to their popularity, they couldnt find an assassin to perform the hit (too well liked). So I was hired to return the favor, everything was done in game, not IM or email. The initial contact, the payment of the bounty before hand, and the hit. Every part that was RP'able was done so. The hit took place in town without the target's knowledge of having a price on their head, and even with a prior record, the fine was only 27k... which was more than covered in the amount received for the hit.

Luck? Doubtfully. I think it all boils down to the participants, circumstances involving the 'event', and how it is carried out... And how the GM's perceive what happened.

Tirayana
08-24-2004, 01:44 PM
Ganalon, thanks for sharing. I think you're right.

~Tirayana

Chadj
08-24-2004, 01:45 PM
In many cases, GM's are not notified.

I am killed by a random arrow, or a guy jumping outta nowhere, every once in a while. I don't report it, simply because I feel that, who the fuck gives a shit heh. It's a game. No need to flip out. If it starts happening constantly, thats when it's time to get pissed.

Anyone who complains like a bitch after one kill is fucking stupid.

Fallen
08-24-2004, 01:49 PM
If death meant something you might start caring. Imagine if it was One kill and your done.

Chadj
08-24-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Fallen
If death meant something you might start caring. Imagine if it was One kill and your done.

Then I'd fucking flip..
But that is not the case.

Fallen
08-24-2004, 02:13 PM
True enough. With the implimentation of the new dead mechanics, we shall see just how much death will matter.

Wezas
08-24-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Tirayana

Wasn't my problem, or my character. But thanks for the compliment.

~Tirayana

Well feel free to pass that on to your *in game associate* (you).

Warriorbird
08-24-2004, 03:38 PM
It's not like it's very hard or anything to get consent.

Caramia
08-25-2004, 04:41 AM
Anyone can type POLICY in the game and see the PvP policy themselves. Pretty much, a GM will tell you that if it isn't your conflict, you should stay out of it. Hiring someone to kill someone else for you, because you have a conflict with them, is getting them involved in your conflict. It doesn't give the other person a chance to consent to conflict with you if you send someone else.

You can roleplay an assassin, you just can't kill someone here without their consent. I can think of a good handful of infamous "assassins" in GS that didn't need to prove their skill by killing unconsenting, younger characters.

Artha
08-25-2004, 04:43 AM
Crilia was featured in my signature for a short while. Unintended comedy is the best.

Also, assassinations are indeed against policy.

Chadj
08-25-2004, 04:44 AM
Yes, Caramia, well said. Although, It was said several times before. And several times before that. This entire thread is just the same policy, said several times, by several people, the same way.