PDA

View Full Version : Katana Quest

Numbers
08-23-2004, 02:34 PM
There's a new NPC in the Landing.

Apparantly there are also new NPC's in the other towns (at least Icemule, so I've heard,) that say slightly different things.

a light-robed erithian woman

Youko is a young erithian of the Yachan Dai. Her hair is straight and reddish grey, fringing a hairless skull, and her flawless skin is almost translucently pale. Although she walks with quiet pride, she draws her ivory silken robe closer around whenever the city bustle draws too near.

She doesn't seem to answer any questions, and if she does, I haven't found the keyword that'll trigger anything. However, every minute or so she'll recite a Haiku. Here are a few of them...

Youko recites:

"How can you reach that
Which is just beyond contact?
The wet holds a clue."

Youko recites:

"Kindred of foxes,
And like vulpines her slyness,
Tread not the wrong path."

Youko recites:

"What then when you find
This phantom that you pursue
In another's hands?"

Youko recites:

"Find he who will teach,
And a strong maker of blades,
Nothing so easy."

Youko recites:

"In Ronan's realm lies
A land of dark deception,
Where she awaits you."

Youko recites:

"Stay home avarice,
Dream blades are for the seekers,
Solitary path."

Youko recites:

"Blade she has stolen
As bright as your heart's desire,
One forged in the wood."

Youko recites:

"A cave very dank,
Where bright things hide in the walls,
Look and look again."

Youko recites:

"Offerings for her,
Alone in a wooded shrine,
Quite fond of tubers."

Youko recites:

"Blade most desired,
Crafted of dreams for heroes,
Not unworthy souls."

Youko recites:

"Dreams are for holding,
Keeping, clutching, and seizing
Never to let go."

I just realized I posted this in the wrong folder, as it's not really a complaint, so if a mod wants to move it to the appropriate category, please do.
[Edited on 8-23-2004 by 3704558]

Warriorbird
08-23-2004, 02:56 PM
Truffles outside of town, too. Eat em and gives a vision. Dunno anything past that.

Praefection
08-23-2004, 02:59 PM
Truffles? And I'm really curious about this 'quest' since I haven't seen anything to indicate it is a quest unless you count running around to each raffle in a pathetic attempt to win.

Warriorbird
08-23-2004, 03:00 PM
Yep. Truffles. All sorts of weird colors. Ardwen and Brimzstone have been running around picking a ton of em up. I can only assume they're the tubers Youko refers to.

Artha
08-23-2004, 03:02 PM
Youko recites:

"What then when you find
This phantom that you pursue
In another's hands?"

What is your reaction when you see someone with a l33t katana?

Youko recites:

"In Ronan's realm lies
Where she awaits you."

Sounds like this has something to do with the truffles

Youko recites:

"Stay home avarice,
Dream blades are for the seekers,
Solitary path."

Katanas are going to suck.

Youko recites:

"Offerings for her,
Alone in a wooded shrine,
Quite fond of tubers."

Sounds like you're supposed to offer a truffle or possibly potato to someone.

Youko recites:

"Blade most desired,
Crafted of dreams for heroes,
Not unworthy souls."

Katanas are going to suck and be a pain in the ass to get.

Parkbandit
08-23-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Warriorbird
Yep. Truffles. All sorts of weird colors. Ardwen and Brimzstone have been running around picking a ton of em up. I can only assume they're the tubers Youko refers to.

I always suspected both of these individuals to be under the influence of something... all this time I thought it was airplane glue though. Thanks for clearing it up.

Numbers
08-23-2004, 03:10 PM
Do you have to forage for these truffles?

Praefection
08-23-2004, 03:19 PM
You don't need to forage for the truffles. They're found in the Lower Dragonsclaw, Forest. Right by the kobolds in the Landing. When eaten you get this vision.

You remove a wrinkled truffle from in your black leather coat.
>eat tr
You take a bite of your wrinkled truffle. The subtle woody flavor falls somewhere between forest mushrooms and young turnip, with just a hint of peppery undertone.
That was the last of it!

You feel a tug at your mind, and a vision begins to form before you.

[Lair of Dreams]
A pure white marble pedestal stands at the heart of a glass platform floating amid the mammoth silver trees. Swirling peach and pale blue mists dance below the fragile, transparent floor, though the long drop to the ground is clearly visible. Akin to an amphitheater, tiers of seats surround the platform's perimeter, but each one is empty as not a soul is around to witness any display that would take place here. You also see a dark-robed erithian woman.
Obvious exits: none

You blink as the vision fades like smoke in the wind.

Numbers
08-23-2004, 03:24 PM
That vision obviously refers to:

"In Ronan's realm lies
Where she awaits you."

But how to get there, I dunno. I don't know what the dank cave reference could be... I tried the crystal golem caves, but didn't find anything there.

Artha
08-23-2004, 03:25 PM
Maybe Ronan's Shrine?

Warriorbird
08-23-2004, 03:34 PM
Can't seem to find anything around there. Anyone remember how to trigger the font visions and have it knock you out?

Numbers
08-23-2004, 03:41 PM
Sitting in the shrine now. Nothing's doing. Trying to figure out how to drink the water in the font, but I can't figure out what the verb syntax is.

Artha
08-23-2004, 03:46 PM
Just an idea, but try laying down and eating one of the truffles.

Numbers
08-23-2004, 03:47 PM
That's the first thing I tried. Got the truffle vision, but nothing else happened.

Numbers
08-23-2004, 04:21 PM
Tried Imaera's shrine. Nothing.

Tried the crystal golem caves (dank caves with something bright,) nothing.

Apparantly people also tried Oleani's shrine and even the Cavernhold shrines. Still nothing.

Could the thing be more obscure?

Artha
08-23-2004, 04:37 PM
Try the Huntress's shrine. It's in Vipershroud.

Warriorbird
08-23-2004, 04:37 PM
You can get nifty butterfly wings by touching the font... but I don't think it has anything to do with the quest. Maybe you have to look in Zul?

Bobmuhthol
08-23-2004, 04:39 PM
This shouldn't be hard. Fuck Simu.

Numbers
08-23-2004, 04:39 PM
I'm done.

I'm gonna let other people solve this crap and save me some time. Hell, none of my characters will even be able to use a katana.

gcstader
08-23-2004, 06:25 PM
No more truffles layin around?

Artha
08-23-2004, 06:27 PM
I don't think it's Landing specific, because the riddles and truffles are the same in Ta'Vaalor. Just some food for thought.

loveieva
08-23-2004, 06:31 PM
Are katanas going to require some special training or something?

Bobmuhthol
08-23-2004, 06:34 PM
It's a warrior only skill called Erithian Weaponry.

Amberlei
08-23-2004, 07:23 PM
Wait, so only warriors can use katanas? Why all the big fuss to find them then? I was really hoping to get one, but now I guess I won't bother. :Sigh:

Makkah
08-23-2004, 07:32 PM
:gawk:

Don't be so dumb.

rht

StrayRogue
08-23-2004, 07:39 PM
Only warriors, and anyone else with a stupid training plan that includes OHE and THW training will be able to use katana's to their fullest extent.

Bobmuhthol
08-23-2004, 07:42 PM
Uh.

I can name three non-warriors that can use katanas right now: Aone, Celexei, and Chivalrous.

Using them one-handed isn't using them to their full extent. Two-handed alone is just fine.

Artha
08-23-2004, 07:43 PM
I'll probably get one eventually, but I don't think it'll see much use.

StrayRogue
08-23-2004, 07:44 PM
Erm, being able to use them one and two-handed is being able to use it to their full extent. Only being able to use it two-handed is not.

Bobmuhthol
08-23-2004, 07:45 PM
If you say so.

StrayRogue
08-23-2004, 07:46 PM
So says logic.

Nakiro
08-23-2004, 07:50 PM
This entire thing is a waste of resources. 0x non-weighted non-enchnated non-enchantable steel katana.

How horrible.

Amberlei
08-23-2004, 08:04 PM
But I like being dumb. It's one of the things I excell in. :P

Marl
08-23-2004, 09:04 PM
so all the new katanas, raffled and whatnot, are non-weighted?
How shitty is that?

Bobmuhthol
08-23-2004, 09:05 PM
See thread name. Raffled katanas (most of them) are weighted.

StrayRogue
08-23-2004, 09:07 PM
All of the new-style katana's have been weighted. No idea if the quest ones will be as well.

Marl
08-23-2004, 09:14 PM
ahhhh

Numbers
08-23-2004, 11:15 PM
Apparantly the quest has been solved.

If anyone wants to post spoilers, go ahead. Just put a warning.

Izzy101
08-23-2004, 11:22 PM
I'd like some spoilers..because I'm lame like that, heh. I'm me at KrotarFlaame if you wanna help me cheat.

-Ragonik

Bobmuhthol
08-23-2004, 11:29 PM
I'll go a step ahead and say I want a step-by-step guide.

Chadj
08-23-2004, 11:38 PM
.. Yes plz

Zanagodly
08-23-2004, 11:48 PM
how many times do you have to choose a path, ive completed 4 so far and have failed on the 5th path.

Numbers
08-23-2004, 11:53 PM
Dunno.

Post a walkthrough of the quest, and when we get up to our fifth time, we'll tell you.

Shari
08-24-2004, 12:02 AM
Members viewing this page: 3704558, Izzy101, Jesae, Revalos, Some Rogue, Zanagodly (2 Guests)

Damnit, hurry up and post the spoiler, we're all waiting!

Zanagodly
08-24-2004, 12:06 AM
WTF the second path changed

Izzy101
08-24-2004, 12:09 AM
What do we do when we're at the secluded shrine?

gcstader
08-24-2004, 12:10 AM
Anyone know how long this quest will be available? Till the end of august? On the official boards, people are complaining about fighting over truffles, etc... :rolleyes:. Anyways, I'd rather wait till things die down a bit and try to figure the puzzle out myself.

~Greg / Eldas

Tirayana
08-24-2004, 12:26 AM
So, just thought I'd tell you, in Ronan's shrine you have to kneel and touch the font, that's when you get visions.

So far I haven't found anything out of the ordinary.

~Tirayana

P.S. I found a truffle when I was walking in the woods the other day. Very random. I didn't forage or anything, it was just laying on the ground. :shrug:

Numbers
08-24-2004, 12:29 AM
Holy fuckcrap.

Somebody post a walkthrough already. Or at least point us in the right direction.

Nakiro
08-24-2004, 12:29 AM
MUST HAVE 0X NON ENCHANTABLE NON WEIGHTED STEEL ATTUNED NON ALTERABLE KATANA NOW!

even though my character uses a polearm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yah, this quest is horrible.

Artha
08-24-2004, 12:37 AM
anyone know how long this quest will be available? Till the end of august?

Forever.

Zanagodly
08-24-2004, 12:44 AM
What do I do in here, when I take the correct bridge?

[Dead Forest]
Judging from the extremely impoverished terrain, a single spark could ignite a raging inferno, capable of decimating the cadaverous forest in mere instants. Riddled with gleaming smoothed stones and cracks, a parched streambed shines in the silvery moonlight. The only sign of movement comes from the shadows that linger everywhere, with transient growth as clouds pass overhead.
Obvious paths: north, northeast, southeast, southwest, west

Zanagodly
08-24-2004, 12:57 AM
forget it, i finished it

Izzy101
08-24-2004, 01:00 AM
Spill it please!

Zanagodly
08-24-2004, 01:01 AM
or not I still have to find fucking Kiko

Warriorbird
08-24-2004, 01:43 AM
I came in second. Atheana beat me by about a minute. Would've been a bit quicker but syntax and noun issues at the end can bite you.

peam
08-24-2004, 01:47 AM
These are 0x non-enchantable, non-weighted weapons, correct?

Warriorbird
08-24-2004, 01:48 AM
0x, non-enchantable, heavy crit weighted as far as I can tell...can't assess, but I used the AI and ran some numbers.

[Edited on 8-24-2004 by Warriorbird]

Bobmuhthol
08-24-2004, 01:50 AM
<<0x, non-enchantable, heavy crit weighted>>

You win. People need to stop coming up with these bullshit theories. This is correct, nothing else is.

I even heard someone say the reason they're released as 0x is because there are going to be more quests to get them to a higher enchant. SORRY, THEY ARE 0X STEEL KATANAS FOREVER.

peam
08-24-2004, 01:52 AM
So uh... do they all look the same?

Warriorbird
08-24-2004, 01:55 AM
They're all "a katana". They each have a different show description...apparently related to profession and what order you asked the teacher questions according to someone. All I know is the three I've seen have had little differences.

Bobmuhthol
08-24-2004, 01:56 AM
[OOC]-Wilvar: "Light glitters like so many stars along the blade of the razor-honed katana. The dark, folded metal shifts from a matte finish to a mirrorlike polish at multiple points along its length. Written on the dark steel just above the silver hilt is "Deliverance" in tiny silver script underlined by a shooting star. You also notice a small enchanter's mark."

peam
08-24-2004, 01:59 AM
I'm pretty sure that's one of his own katanas. I think I saw it for sale on the boards.

Bobmuhthol
08-24-2004, 02:00 AM
Yeah the enchanter's mark makes no sense.

Artha
08-24-2004, 02:02 AM
[OOC]-Wilvar: "Light glitters like so many stars along the blade of the razor-honed katana. The dark, folded metal shifts from a matte finish to a mirrorlike polish at multiple points along its length. Written on the dark steel just above the silver hilt is "Deliverance" in tiny silver script underlined by a shooting star. You also notice a small enchanter's mark."

That katana sure has a purdy mouth.

Marl
08-24-2004, 02:07 AM
squeal like a pig boy

Praefection
08-24-2004, 06:53 AM
I seriously give up. But where in the HELL do I find Kiko the spirit at?

Zanagodly
08-24-2004, 08:35 AM
can someone tell me where you find kiko?

Warriorbird
08-24-2004, 10:56 AM
Just keep searching. And yeah, that's a 5x katana that Wilvar had altered to squeal like a pig.

xShadowMerchantx
08-24-2004, 02:50 PM
So far I know you need 6 of each truffles, you need to go in the arch near the kobold patch and put the truffles in the shrine. You have to put them in in the right order... then theres more stuff after that

Taylir
08-24-2004, 03:18 PM
If anyone needs help, just get a hold of me.

Praefection
08-24-2004, 03:18 PM
I finished this quest but I don't know if I should post all the spoilers. It's not that bad if you kind of keep the hints the erithian gives within her rhymes in mind.

Taylir
08-24-2004, 03:31 PM
I've finished it with two characters now, but I won't post the spoilers. It's easy enough to get in touch with me if someone needs help.

jafo
08-24-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Warriorbird
Just keep searching. And yeah, that's a 5x katana that Wilvar had altered to squeal like a pig.

Deliverance is 8x.....

the 5x has a similar alter but a different name

ElanthianSiren
08-24-2004, 03:59 PM
I miss the days when quests actually had good prizes. What happened to neat artifacts that actually do things? This entire quest, while "puzzle" rich, seems more like put any truffle here and hope you win, choose path x, v, q, and y, thus eliminating p and hope you win. Reminds me of The Hunt for History, and I thought that was horrid too.

I hope that the katanas are not attuned, thus enabling at least someone to make some sort of profit from them. They seem pretty useless to me.

-Melissa

Taylir
08-24-2004, 04:01 PM
The katanas are NOT attuned.

Kind of a neat thing about them though, when my ranger handed hers over to me it changed into exactly what the one I originally got looked like. Hers was originally purple braids and wagon shaped charms, mine green with bat charms. So in my possession both are the same.

But no, they're not attuned at all.

Zanagodly
08-24-2004, 04:23 PM
Can you folks at least tell me if Kiko is in the area of the hilt maker and blacksmith? Or do I leave that area all together?

Taylir
08-24-2004, 04:25 PM
go through the arch by the instructor

Numbers
08-24-2004, 05:06 PM
Could someone please post a walkthrough? Or at least a log of the whole thing?

I have absolutely no desire to figure out the clues. From what I've heard from others, the whole quest in itself is an exercise in tedium, boredom, and stupidity.

I just want a damn katana, even though I can't even use the thing.

Post it in a different topic if you want. That way, people who don't want spoilers don't have to read the topic.

Taylir
08-24-2004, 06:16 PM
Can't you just IM me or find me in game? Really, I'll walk you through it. But I won't piss people off and post it. If someone else wants to that's fine.

Celexei
08-25-2004, 01:18 AM
anyone know if there is a site for beyond the arch stuff for the quest?

Caiylania
08-25-2004, 11:30 AM
Petty rant of the day.......

The guy makes the hilt right in front of us, and we have no say in the color or ornamentation? Mine ended up being orange with BATS. BATS!! It looks like a Halloween prize. I can't stand it.

How does it make any sense for them to have this whole thing go on, just for people to end up not wanting their katanas?

The quest was fun (for me at least, even got all the fox riddles right), would it have been so bad to let us pick the wrapping and decor?

I'm grateful they did it at all, for those that want ones. Not trying to sound unappreciative, but ..... ugh.

Caiylania
08-25-2004, 11:34 AM
The blade of the katana exhibits the typical precision of Erithi workmanship and forging. Its highly reflective surface is polished to a mirror sheen, with a line of distinct semi-circular patterns where the steel transitions between hardened edge and flexible sides. The hilt is wrapped in orange silk braid and bears two small silver bat ornaments. The butt cap is of mithril and engraved with a fox head.

-------

>comment The katana quest is great, and was fun. But all that work to get one that has a description unsuitable for you is kind of depressing. Mine is orange with bats. BATS! I don't understand why we didn't have any say in the desc. Since the instructor makes the hilt in front of us. maybe saying , what color do you want? what ornament? I'm not trying to be unnappreciative. But I really wanted one, and now I can't stand it. I could trade, but then its not the one i earned. But I'm going to have to now. *sigh*

Your COMMENT has been logged, thank you!

AnticorRifling
08-25-2004, 11:42 AM
Where do I find truffles in Icemule? The landing forest is full, and I mean full, of campers.

AnticorRifling
08-25-2004, 02:29 PM
Everyone battle the same demons at the end or are they all different? I got this with my warrior:

[Lair of Dreams, Canopy]
Enclosed within a magnificent black crystalline dome, an unnatural stage has been created from pure silver trees that rise from the earth. Their shimmering branches support immense white-gold leaves that form a spiraling staircase leading downward. Shifting, swirling mists of soft pink and lavender obscure the outermost edges of the gleaming metal forest.
>go stair
[Lair of Dreams]
A pure white marble pedestal stands at the heart of a glass platform floating amid the mammoth silver trees. Swirling peach and pale blue mists dance below the fragile, transparent floor, though the long drop to the ground is clearly visible. Akin to an amphitheater, tiers of seats surround the platform's perimeter, but each one is empty as not a soul is around to witness any display that would take place here. You also see a dark-robed erithian woman.
>pull woman
As you grab Kiko, her eyes open wide in surprise. "Let me go this instant!", she says, pushing hard and struggling to escape.
>pull woman
I'm afraid that you can't pull that.
>
With a snarl, Kiko twists in your arms and suddenly begins to change. Her body shifts and melts, growing as you struggle to maintain your grip. You hear a crackling crunch of rock solidifying suddenly, and you find yourself holding a rock troll zombie!
>pull woman
What were you referring to?
>
The zombie bellows with rage and pounds at you with her massive fists!
...35 points of damage.
>
...35 points of damage.
>
...35 points of damage.
>pull zom
...35 points of damage.
>
>pull troll
>pull woman
>
You feel your grip loosening under the barrage of pounding by the zombie. If you don't renew your grasp soon she will escape!
>pull woman
>pull zom
You grimly hold on to the zombie, tightening your grip.
>pull zom
>pull woman
>
The zombie twists and shrinks, sprouting extra limbs and deforming before your eyes. You find yourself gripping a shrickhen!
>
The shrickhen cackles maniacally, and breathes a cloud of thick acidic gas which surrounds you both.
>pull shrick
>
Your skin is on fire, the acid eating away at it!
You are injured!
>sym heal
Unknown symbol.
>sym of healing
Your skin is on fire, the acid eating away at it!
You are injured!
>
Unknown symbol.
>
You feel your grip loosening as your skin bubbles and burns, if you don't renew your grasp on the shrickhen soon she will escape!
>pull shrick
You grimly hold on to the shrickhen, tightening your grip.
>describ shri
Seemingly cobbled together from leftover bodily parts, no two shrickhen are alike. One may have the lower body of a troll supporting the torso of a fire salamander from which a dark orc's arm extends on one side and a gremlin's arm extends on the other, all topped by a timberwolf's head. A second may have a mezic's leg, a coyote's leg, a pyrothag's arm, and a shan warrior's arm, each connected in almost the right place to the torso of a krolvin warfarer, with the entire grouping utilizing the one-eyed head of a cyclops for navigation. These hideous conglomerations definitely have two things in common: a total lack of fear and an insatiable need to consume flesh.
>
The shrickhen's extra limbs shrivel and her body twists in your grasp again, transforming into a snakelike torso and sprouting wings. In your arms is the decayed and squirming form of a lich qyn'arj!
>
The qyn'arj sinks her fangs into you, and a dark force flows into your bloodstream.
>
You feel the icy chill of death as the a lich qyn'arj drains your soul from you!
>
You feel the icy chill of death as the a lich qyn'arj drains your soul from you!
>
>
>
>
>
Your body is growing weaker as your soul is devoured! You feel your hold tiring, you better grab on to the qyn'arj more tightly.
>pull lich
>pull qyn
You grimly hold on to the qyn'arj, tightening your grip.
>
With a quiet hiss the a lich qyn'arj slumps in your arms and transforms slowly into her original form. She stares into your eyes, panting. "Let me go, mortal, and I will give you rewards beyond your wildest dreams."
>
She points her hand at an open chest full of gems. "Just take what you wish and leave me be, and you can leave my realm."
>'I want my blade.
You say, "I want my blade."
>l
[Lair of Dreams]
A pure white marble pedestal stands at the heart of a glass platform floating amid the mammoth silver trees. Swirling peach and pale blue mists dance below the fragile, transparent floor, though the long drop to the ground is clearly visible. Akin to an amphitheater, tiers of seats surround the platform's perimeter, but each one is empty as not a soul is around to witness any display that would take place here. You also see an enormous iron-bound chest and a dark-robed erithian woman.
>l woman
Kiko is a mature erithian of the Yachan Dai. Her hair is straight and reddish grey, fringing a hairless skull, and her flawless skin is almost translucently pale. Her dark robes are voluminous, concealing the true shape of her form. She is holding a katana in her right hand.
>
Kiko slumps, defeated. With a hollow clang the katana falls from her grasp and she murmurs quietly, "You've won, take your prize and go mortal." She swoons away and falls to the floor, slipping from your grasp.
You feel much better as her illusions fade away from you.
>get kata
You pick up a katana.
>

A fine grey mist begins to form around your feet. It eddies and swirls as it grows thicker, gathering around you and obscuring your vision.

The mist rushes in at you. It darkens and crackles with energy, spinning as it gathers near.

With a sudden start, you awaken from your dream.

[Icemule Trace, South Road]
Several groups of adventurers jostle past you on their way through the South Gate. The sounds of laughter from the west remind you of the inns and taverns back home. You notice that the lowest part of the wall is darker stone than the top, a sign that this fortification was raised at some point in the past. You also see an oversized welcome sign and an old beer barrel.
Obvious paths: north, east, west

Congratulations on completing your quest to obtain a katana. We would appreciate if you did not share your experiences with others, and allow them to solve the various puzzles themselves. We hope you enjoyed the Katana Quest!

Please remember to register your katana.

>l
[Icemule Trace, South Road]
Several groups of adventurers jostle past you on their way through the South Gate. The sounds of laughter from the west remind you of the inns and taverns back home. You notice that the lowest part of the wall is darker stone than the top, a sign that this fortification was raised at some point in the past. You also see an oversized welcome sign and an old beer barrel.
Obvious paths: north, east, west
>howl
You throw your head back and howl!
>l kat
The blade of the katana exhibits the typical precision of Erithi workmanship and forging. Its highly reflective surface is polished to a mirror sheen, with a line of distinct semi-circular patterns where the steel transitions between hardened edge and flexible sides. The hilt is wrapped in yellow silk braid and bears two small silver hammer ornaments. The butt cap is of steel and engraved with a fox head.

xShadowMerchantx
08-25-2004, 02:34 PM
If you trade katanas it will still have the same description as the one you received.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
08-25-2004, 02:36 PM
Can you enchant the katana's?

Brattt8525
08-25-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by xShadowMerchantx
If you trade katanas it will still have the same description as the one you received.

Well damnit, I was going to trade with Caiylania because she does not like the bats. That just sucks

Bobmuhthol
08-25-2004, 02:48 PM
<<Can you enchant the katana's?>>

Depends, can you enchant claidhmores?

Suppa Hobbit Mage
08-25-2004, 02:57 PM
So they are crit weighted?

Bobmuhthol
08-25-2004, 03:02 PM
Heavily.

Artha
08-25-2004, 03:47 PM
Here (http://artags4.freeservers.com/quest.txt)'s your walk through. Thank Arta (not Artha).

Numbers
08-25-2004, 03:48 PM
Forbidden
Remote Host: [24.59.156.210]

You do not have permission to access http://artags4.freeservers.com/quest.txt

Data files must be stored on the same site they are linked from.

Thank you for using FreeServers

EDIT: Nevermind. You need to go to http://artags4.freeservers.com and then choose quest.txt from the file list.

Editing again because I don't proofread.
[Edited on 8-25-2004 by 3704558]

[Edited on 8-25-2004 by 3704558]

Artha
08-25-2004, 04:04 PM
That's odd, it works for me.

Izzy101
08-25-2004, 04:05 PM
Neither of those are working for me.

-Ragonik

Bobmuhthol
08-25-2004, 04:06 PM
That's because he can't distinguish freeservers.com from freesavers.com.

Izzy101
08-25-2004, 04:08 PM
ahh, freeservers works...

Brattt8525
08-25-2004, 04:14 PM
I did this Quest with both of my girls, <I adore Caiylania for her help>

Anway, the fun for me, was not getting the katana as much as the interaction with the other players. So much fun waiting in line, trading truffles and just talking to each other. Granted there were some asses, but all in all I had a really fun time.

I got a star adored one and one with a crystal ball....thanks Simu

Tara

Caiylania
08-25-2004, 04:29 PM
I'm glad Tara got nice ones, she is downright giddy :)

Are they at least alterable??

Brattt8525
08-25-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Caiylania
I'm glad Tara got nice ones, she is downright giddy :)

Are they at least alterable??

You mean....gasp I am not geeky anymore?

:heart: Adriane

Bobmuhthol
08-25-2004, 04:38 PM
<<Are they at least alterable??>>

Yes. They had katana alterers, but sort of forgot to release the quest first.

Numbers
08-25-2004, 05:39 PM
Elnath posted on the official boards that they are alterable. Not sure if they'll pull of their, "I don't work with katanas, find a katana merchant" bullshit routines whenever an alterer shows up, however.

Elnath also said that if you get it altered, "the script will come off."

Marl
08-26-2004, 02:47 AM
what all metals and designs are on them? I have mithril butt, and gryphon ornaments with white wrap

Artha
08-26-2004, 02:51 AM
>l katana
The blade of the katana exhibits the typical precision of Erithi workmanship and forging. Its highly reflective surface is polished to a mirror sheen, with a line of distinct semi-circular patterns where the steel transitions between hardened edge and flexible sides. The hilt is wrapped in green silk braid and bears two small silver trident ornaments. The butt cap is of ora and engraved with a fox head.

Caiylania
08-26-2004, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Marluxian
what all metals and designs are on them? I have mithril butt, and gryphon ornaments with white wrap

That one I like.

AnticorRifling
08-26-2004, 09:25 AM
The hilt is wrapped in yellow silk braid and bears two small silver hammer ornaments. The butt cap is of steel and engraved with a fox head.

It's for my dwarf so the hammers are cool.

Bobmuhthol
08-26-2004, 09:28 AM
The blade of the katana exhibits the typical precision of Erithi workmanship and forging. Its highly reflective surface is polished to a mirror sheen, with a line of distinct semi-circular patterns where the steel transitions between hardened edge and flexible sides. The hilt is wrapped in green silk braid and bears two small silver rose ornaments. The butt cap is of ora and engraved with a fox head.
>

Axhinde
08-26-2004, 01:00 PM
The blade of the katana exhibits the typical precision of Erithi workmanship and forging. Its highly reflective surface is polished to a mirror sheen, with a line of distinct semi-circular patterns where the steel transitions between hardened edge and flexible sides. The hilt is wrapped in blue silk braid and bears two small silver wagon ornaments. The butt cap is of mithril and engraved with a fox head.

Izadriel
08-26-2004, 05:37 PM
>l my kat
The blade of the katana exhibits the typical precision of Erithi workmanship and forging. Its highly reflective surface is polished to a mirror sheen, with a line of distinct semi-circular patterns where the steel transitions between hardened edge and flexible sides. The hilt is wrapped in blue silk braid and bears two small silver gryphon ornaments. The butt cap is of gold and engraved with a fox head.

Hips
08-26-2004, 05:48 PM
The blade of the katana exhibits the typical precision of Erithi workmanship and forging. Its highly reflective surface is polished to a mirror sheen, with a line of distinct semi-circular patterns where the steel transitions between hardened edge and flexible sides. The hilt is wrapped in green silk braid and bears two small silver shield ornaments. The butt cap is of ora and engraved with a fox head.

I like Bob's one with the roses. :/

Brattt8525
08-26-2004, 06:36 PM
The blade of the katana exhibits the typical precision of Erithi workmanship and forging. Its highly reflective surface is polished to a mirror sheen, with a line of distinct semi-circular patterns where the steel transitions between hardened edge and flexible sides. The hilt is wrapped in blue silk braid and bears two small silver star ornaments. The butt cap is of steel and engraved with a fox head.
>

Edaarin
08-27-2004, 12:53 AM
The blade of the katana exhibits the typical precision of Erithi workmanship and forging. Its highly reflective surface is polished to a mirror sheen, with a line of distinct semi-circular patterns where the steel transitions between hardened edge and flexible sides. The hilt is wrapped in silver silk braid and bears two small silver dragonfly ornaments. The butt cap is of steel and engraved with a fox head.

Not bad. Most of my equipment is steel, suits me okay I guess.

Bobmuhthol
08-27-2004, 03:31 AM
Different character, equally bad.

The blade of the katana exhibits the typical precision of Erithi workmanship and forging. Its highly reflective surface is polished to a mirror sheen, with a line of distinct semi-circular patterns where the steel transitions between hardened edge and flexible sides. The hilt is wrapped in yellow silk braid and bears two small silver dragonfly ornaments. The butt cap is of mithril and engraved with a fox head.

Bobmuhthol
08-27-2004, 04:59 AM
Third character.

The blade of the katana exhibits the typical precision of Erithi workmanship and forging. Its highly reflective surface is polished to a mirror sheen, with a line of distinct semi-circular patterns where the steel transitions between hardened edge and flexible sides. The hilt is wrapped in gold silk braid and bears two small silver crystal ball ornaments. The butt cap is of mithril and engraved with a fox head.

gcstader
08-27-2004, 04:59 PM
So what do you do after you have a buncha truffles?

Numbers
08-27-2004, 06:38 PM
I got white silk/stars/iron butt on one character, and gold silk/tridents/copper butt on another.

Amaron
08-28-2004, 12:04 PM
Mine is like Michiko's

The blade of the katana exhibits the typical precision of Erithi workmanship and forging. Its highly reflective surface is polished to a mirror sheen, with a line of distinct semi-circular patterns where the steel transitions between hardened edge and flexible sides. The hilt is wrapped in green silk braid and bears two small silver shield ornaments. The butt cap is of ora and engraved with a fox head.

J

Percocet
08-28-2004, 12:19 PM
>look kat
The blade of the katana exhibits the typical precision of Erithi workmanship and forging. Its highly reflective surface is polished to a mirror sheen, with a line of distinct semi-circular patterns where the steel transitions between hardened edge and flexible sides. The hilt is wrapped in green silk braid and bears two small silver bat ornaments. The butt cap is of copper and engraved with a fox head.

Percocet
08-28-2004, 12:23 PM
You swing a katana at a sea nymph!
AS: +91 vs DS: +10 with AvD: +38 + d100 roll: +7 = +126
... and hit for 20 points of damage!
Slash to the sea nymph's right arm!
Slices neatly through the skin and meets bone!
The sea nymph is stunned!
You swing a raven-hilted vultite wakizashi at a sea nymph!
AS: +194 vs DS: -10 with AvD: +40 + d100 roll: +85 = +329
... and hit for 156 points of damage!
A mighty hit turns the sea nymph's insides to outsides!
The sea nymph falls to the ground and dies.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

I'm highly displeased

Bobmuhthol
08-28-2004, 12:45 PM
... how is that bad?

Percocet
08-28-2004, 12:48 PM
I lose over 100 AS with it :(

Bobmuhthol
08-28-2004, 12:49 PM
Hmm let's see.

Swinging a two-handed weapon with one hand makes you lose 100 AS. That sometimes happens.

Percocet
08-28-2004, 12:50 PM
Hmm ...

Yah, still displeased.

Bobmuhthol
08-28-2004, 12:52 PM
It's not the katana's fault that you can't use it. I'm displeased by crossbows because I lose like 220 AS when I use them. But it's certainly not because I'm not trained for them. It's the weapon.

Back
08-28-2004, 12:53 PM
Whats the deal with all the fox heads? I mean, foxes are cool and all but on every single blade? Maybe the code is screwed up somehow not letting the random butt cap shape doohicky change?

Betheny
08-28-2004, 12:54 PM
I think it's an Erithian trademark or something.

Bobmuhthol
08-28-2004, 12:54 PM
No. Notice that there are 3 truffles in your combination and 3 variables in the show.

Bobmuhthol
08-29-2004, 01:30 AM
No pansy fox heads here.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/Bobmuhthol1/katananatata.jpg

SumoCow
01-06-2005, 02:26 PM
okay, i have sort of figured out MOST of the quest, let me know if you guys want me to reveal the answers to it or not, i will if you guys want me to.