PDA

View Full Version : Mommy 0, The Kid 36

KymberlynX
08-23-2004, 02:07 PM
I guess I'll start a blog here since this is where I've been spending most of my time lately.

For those who don't know, I became a new mommy on May 19th of this year. My precious little monster is in my avatar.

I realized yesterday when talking to my girlfriend (who is also a new mommy of a 10 month old) that I expend more energy fighting the kid to get her to sleep and that is what is making me so exhausted everyday.

They say "put your kid on a schedule" and as most of you know that is next to impossible when they are this young. The only "schedule" we have is that we wake up every morning and go to bed every night.

At least she sleeps through the night...thank God for small favors.

My daughter, Jordyn, is notorious for doing the exact opposite of what I want her to do. If I need her to be awake so I can come home from work to feed her, she sleeps. If I want her to sleep, she's wide awake and fussy as hell to boot.

Despite all that, she is my world and I can't imagine how I lived all these years without her.

Latrinsorm
08-23-2004, 02:14 PM
Awwww @ the last line. :)

I'd also like to take a moment to repeat (with marginal accuracy) something I heard once: Parents spend the first 18 months of their children's lives teaching them to walk and talk and the next 18 years telling them to sit down and shut up.

KymberlynX
08-25-2004, 05:53 PM
Yay...finally score one for me! Jordyn finally went to sleep at a decent hour last night and slept through til a decent hour in the morning. I actually feel rested and in a good mood. I'm hoping to go two for two tonight. :socool:

Betheny
08-25-2004, 05:54 PM
Drug her.

KymberlynX
08-26-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Maimara
Drug her.

Perhaps I should have cuz the little monster was awake until 2:30!! Course I would never do anything like that to her. I should probably even stop feeding her diet coke ala breastmilk...could be one of the reasons she was up so late. :whistle:

Eh...everyday is a learning process and a fun one at that. I can't wait to get home and do it all over again.

KymberlynX
08-26-2004, 03:15 PM
:rant: So I just call home and both my niece and my daughter are still asleep!!! WTF...it's just not fair! :rant:

Actually...my niece WAS asleep...the phone call woke her up. :P

Betheny
08-26-2004, 07:45 PM
So this one chick at work that I used to have to sit next to used to pump her titties all the time cause she just had a kid, and she'd leave the nasty crusty dissasembled pump out on her desk. It makes me want to kill her. Come to think of it, the whole thought of breast milk, giving birth, pregnancy, all of that makes me feel like puking.

KymberlynX
08-26-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Maimara
So this one chick at work that I used to have to sit next to used to pump her titties all the time cause she just had a kid, and she'd leave the nasty crusty dissasembled pump out on her desk. It makes me want to kill her. Come to think of it, the whole thought of breast milk, giving birth, pregnancy, all of that makes me feel like puking.

That's gross...tell the bitch to rinse her shit and put it away. :rant:

KymberlynX
08-30-2004, 02:51 PM
I just had to post this because I think it shows just how much of a mommy I've become...

This morning when I was leaving for work, I saw a "Hughs" truck in my apartment complex. When I first looked at it, I SWEAR it said "Huggies" and I thought "They do diaper deliveries now? I wish I could get diapers delivered to my apartment too."

When I did the double take, I realized it was "Hughs" and wanted to die. :no: