PDA

View Full Version : a purple-veined black leather backpack, 1x day reduce encumberance...

nocturnix
06-29-2013, 02:27 PM
a purple-veined black leather backpack

From black swan castle: Black leather backpack Reduces encumbrance once per day; max light and deep

You analyze your black leather backpack and sense that the item is largely free from merchant alteration restrictions.

The creator has also provided the following information:
You sense that the bulging veins lining the straps of your black leather backpack can infuse you with the surge you need to seemingly reduce your encumbrance once per day if you CLENCHed it.
You also sense you could TOUCH, PROD, and RUB it.
You don't think it should be altered at all except for the color of the leather. You think you could probably get the noun changed to "pack" or "knapsack" but not much else.

You can tell that the backpack is as light as it can get and that its pockets could not possibly get any deeper.

>wear backp
You slip each arm into the black leather backpack's straps and settle the backpack on your back.

>prod backp
You prod your backpack. In response, the veins along the shoulders of the backpack pulse against you in return.

>rub backp
Shifting the backpack on your shoulders, your hand brushes the veins entwined along the shoulder straps. The softness is odd against the material of the backpack.

>clench backp
You wrap your hands around the straps of your black leather backpack and grip down. The veins attach to your flesh and send a rush of inhuman strength through your body! Your entire body feels lighter from the rush of adrenaline. The veins suddenly release from your skin and appear weakened.

>touch backp
>
You run your fingertips over the veins protruding from the straps of your black leather backpack and remember how draining the last experience left you. You feel you need nearly another day before you are prepared to undergo that ordeal again.

rolfard
06-29-2013, 02:33 PM
Is this encumbrance reduction "spell" on par to the AG guild feather or something else entirely? Also, how much does it reduce and for how long and how much does it weigh/hold and analyze?

Jace Solo
06-29-2013, 03:14 PM
Sweet design tho

Sav
06-29-2013, 03:29 PM
think its 7/140... not sure how long they last tho

HermieTheDentist
06-29-2013, 05:08 PM
its a bag that wants to be a dick...lol

jon1833
06-29-2013, 06:00 PM
I've tested mine, holds 150 lbs. Not sure how long it lasts, or how much it reduces, but it weighs six pounds. I would also like to know how much this is worth.

BriarFox
06-29-2013, 07:53 PM
I'd be interested in buying one of these packs if you can figure out how much it reduces your encumbrance. Coins are a good device for testing weight, i.e. how many more coins can you pick up before you're back to the same level of encumbrance as before, etc.

MrMortimur
06-29-2013, 09:41 PM
Ya duration and amount of reduction would be key.

jon1833
06-30-2013, 02:40 AM
I have done the tests, it takes off the weight of exactly 6400 coins, or 40lbs. Waiting on it to wear off to find out how long it lasts.

Jhynnifer
06-30-2013, 02:42 AM
For some reason whenever I read purple-veined I think penis.

I have issues.

Carry on.

jon1833
06-30-2013, 02:56 AM
I saw, "The feeling of inhuman strength slowly leaves you." after exactly 20 minutes. So, once a day, reduces 40lbs of encumbrance, for 20 minutes.

Buckwheet
06-30-2013, 02:34 PM
Okay so this is rough.

According to the other thread about what to do with your bounty points Kerl mentioned it was 16 silvers per point of BP when they turn on cash conversion.

Lets just assume you can move that to 25 silvers per point for people to recharge their enhancives.

The golden feather charm is 1000 points and lasts 1/4 as long as your backpack. However it can be purchased over and over and over again. The price equiv of the function is 100k per day or ~3m per month/36m per year.

In addition to this you have the 100 pound potion available from the Simucoin store that potion cost is $6-7 a month.

It would be worth much much more if it was a permanent reduction or even a longer duration.

A 5k in coins only weightless kit went for 5m. I would say 20-25m would be a decent range to start.

I just don't know what 20 minutes of -40 pounds is worth compared to 30 days for $7.

jon1833
06-30-2013, 03:12 PM
I'd be willing to sell mine, if someone want's to pay around that price. PM me.

nocturnix
07-01-2013, 03:40 AM
Even at 20 minutes its perfect for making that last climb or finishing off a heavy payload hunt. I think I will keep mine for awhile. Good to know more info about it though!

Herachio
07-01-2013, 04:27 PM
A 5k in coins only weightless kit went for 5m. I would say 20-25m would be a decent range to start.

Well, if you can get anyone to pay that much with it still availalbe as a prize for $13.95, take it and run! Run like the wind!