PDA

View Full Version : Build Thoughts

thefarmer
06-18-2013, 08:18 PM
Thoughts on if it's worth converting either of these brig's to robes and using the undead bane knuckle blade I already have for a new monk? The second set would need the OHE enhancive changed to brawling, but shouldn't be too terribly difficult with enough of a bribe.

+30DS/+20TD (Perm) Brig

Moderately resistant to slashing attacks, moderately resistant to crushing attacks, and moderately resistant to puncturing attacks. (Feel free to add ranger resistance)
The creator has also provided the following information:
This is Tier 2 armor, and will fire six times per day to move you in a random direction. This armor offers a chance to interrupt an attack when you are stunned, webbed, rooted, immobilized, unconscious, or prone

+27/+20TD (Perm) studded leather
Imflass base
The first thing that strikes you about the leather is the weight, which is about 12 pounds.
* * It provides a bonus of 10 to Two Weapon Combat Bonus.
* * This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 33 times.
* * It provides a bonus of 9 to Intuition.
* * This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 18 times.
* * It provides a bonus of 10 to Edged Weapons Bonus.
* * This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 33 times.
* * The leather looks to have a lot of charges remaining.

a kelyn-edged white mithril knuckle-blade with a supple suede grip
4x
Undead bane with SWCW
UAC compatible

Aluvius
06-19-2013, 02:59 PM
Heck, you could probably just use either one without converting the AsG and train up in armor use. Monks tend not to get hit much and you could always convert them to robes later on if you felt the need. The brig isn't too far off what most monk armor users are training up to anyway.

The knuckle-blade isn't all that great honestly. I'd rather just 2 hand open, though it wouldn't be bad until you can get rank 5 Feint I guess. You lose the ability to parry arrows among other things even using just 1 weapon.

And well, I'd just make a rogue at this point if I were going for UAC. :)

thefarmer
06-19-2013, 03:06 PM
Hm. I just kept hearing about monk's have TD issues and wondered if TD armor would make a monk more fun/viable/usable/notshitty.

I do have a bunch of random rogues I could fixskill. I was mainly thinking of using the knuckle-blade since I could hit undead without need a bless.

Stuff to consider. Thanks.

Lord Orbstar
06-19-2013, 03:12 PM
At cap you will want to wear plate armor. Honestly, NOTHING kills a monk except CS. I think robes are just fine before that, but I wouldnt ruin nice armor for it.

Androidpk
06-19-2013, 03:16 PM
You're better off just using blessable handwraps rather than take the MM penalty from using a weapon.

thefarmer
06-19-2013, 03:18 PM
At cap you will want to wear plate armor. Honestly, NOTHING kills a monk except CS. I think robes are just fine before that, but I wouldnt ruin nice armor for it.

Yeah, see.. This is why I thought TD robes would be good. It'll allow a monk to run ironskin and be pretty much covered against CS attacks pretty close to plate.

Androidpk
06-19-2013, 03:27 PM
TD robes fully ensorcelled would be a huge help.

thefarmer
06-19-2013, 03:30 PM
That was the idea for this theoretical monk.

Aluvius
06-19-2013, 07:40 PM
Its a 33 CvA difference between robes and mbp so the td armor makes up the greater part of the deficit. However you could split the difference and wear the brigandine, there's only a 20 CvA deficit between brig and mbp so the +20 td bonus would mean that they equaled out. You'd get less hinderance/action penalty from the brig and it'd take a lot less investment in armor use.

Huh, that brig is darn nice monk armor as is. Although it might be even better to bump it up to chain. There's a big jump in CvA from brig to chain plus the regular benefits, but more penalties. :)

Hmm, I didn't think about the undead bane letting you hit undead but are you sure it works with UAC and gives the enchant bonus from non blessed gloves, too?

Latrinsorm
06-19-2013, 08:05 PM
Monks get Flurry of Blows for attack bonus per character level and unarmed attack speed bonus, you can just use Devotion handwraps if you're worried about undead, they're bound to account.