PDA

View Full Version : Fire immolation sword

Kalishar
06-18-2013, 03:22 PM
Just wanting to gauge what this is worth in today's market.

a mithril short sword
The blade is finely crafted but bears no remarkable workmanship. A curious elven rune of fire is etched upon the base of the hilt.
0x - 2x short sword - Fire immolation sword - Grimswarm bane (fire flares)

0x when turned off, 2x when turned on and flares on every hit. Can also wave it at things to send fire their way and burn them.
Has limited charges which are used when the weapon flares or you wave it at something. When the charges are used up it will stop flaring. It does seem to recharge on it's own.
I'm not sure how many charges it has total, or how long it takes to recharge to its maximum.
Had grimswarm bane (fire flares) put on it at RTCF so it will flare fire against any grimswarm (warcamps, warparties)

Against grimswarm it does have the potential to flare the immolation fire and the standard fire flares in one swing.

some examples (keep in mind these are trolls, so fire does extra damage):

Double flare
You swing a flaming mithril short sword at a Grimswarm troll barbarian!
AS: +435 vs DS: +241 with AvD: +7 + d100 roll: +58 = +259
... and hit for 23 points of damage!
Jarring blow to the troll barbarian's back.

** The crimson flames surrounding the mithril short sword strike a Grimswarm troll barbarian with a gruesome burst! **

... 25 points of damage!
Burst of flames char chest a crispy black.
The troll barbarian screams in agony as the flames barbecue her flesh!
... 35 points of damage!
Flames incinerate right leg to the bone. Not a pleasant sight.
A Grimswarm troll barbarian falls to the ground grasping her mangled right leg!

** Your mithril short sword flares with a burst of flame! **

... 5 points of damage!
Minor burns to abdomen. Looks painful.
The troll barbarian grimaces as the flames boil her skin making her writhe in pain!
... 25 points of damage!
Burst of flames to left arm toasts skin to elbows.

Roundtime: 4 sec.
Roundtime changed to 1 second.

Standard flare
You swing a flaming mithril short sword at a Grimswarm troll healer!
AS: +415 vs DS: +357 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +24 = +112
... and hit for 2 points of damage!
Thrust slides along the back.
Cuts a nagging itch.

** Your mithril short sword flares with a burst of flame! **

... 25 points of damage!
Burst of flames chars neck a crispy black.
The troll healer howls in agony as the flames dance over her body!
... 30 points of damage!
Nasty burns to right hand. Gonna need lots of butter.

Immolation flare
You swing a flaming mithril short sword at a Grimswarm troll raider!
AS: +400 vs DS: +307 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +18 = +135
... and hit for 10 points of damage!
Whiplash!

** The crimson flames surrounding the mithril short sword strike a Grimswarm troll raider with a light burst! **

... 10 points of damage!
Minor burns to right eye. Foe blinks back the tears.
The troll raider howls in agony as the flames dance over his body!
... 20 points of damage!
Burst of flames to left hand burns fingers bright red.

waving
>wave sword at kob
You wave a flaming mithril short sword at a kobold.
Fearsome streams of magical fire explode from the weapon, savagely immolating the kobold!
... 20 points of damage!
Nasty burns to abdomen, a kobold shrieks in pain!
The kobold is stunned!
Roundtime: 3 sec.

Androidpk
06-18-2013, 03:27 PM
I thought only waving the sword would use up charges. That's a bummer.

Kalishar
06-18-2013, 03:31 PM
It kinda is! I think waving it uses charges much faster than just swinging it though.

it always seems to run out of charges way faster than I'd like it to. I think that's just because its so fun to watch it flare every time you swing it.

Sav
06-18-2013, 04:06 PM
If I remember the flares got weaker as charge was used up too

Kalishar
06-19-2013, 12:23 PM
Bump, anyone care to hazard a guess as to it's current value?

Sav
06-19-2013, 06:32 PM
I personally wouldn't pay more than say 20-25m for this item in the current market... but I'm pretty sure you could get someone to pay more than that..

Androidpk
06-19-2013, 06:44 PM
I think a lot would depend on how fast the charges deplete just by swinging it and not using the special wave attack as well as how fast the charges recharge.

Kalishar
06-19-2013, 10:53 PM
I'll try looking up some old posts about them, its hard to test because I don't know of any way to tell whether it's fully charged or not.

Sav
06-19-2013, 11:23 PM
it won't last for a full hunt without needing recharge... but they do recharge fairly quickly

Lord Orbstar
06-20-2013, 12:05 AM
I used to own one of the original immolator God Auction swords. I dont know if this is still relevant, but you could wave it about 4 times before it went dry. those 4 times would kill about anything though... I know they were nerfed to death.

Kalishar
06-20-2013, 09:36 AM
Yeah, and if I remember correctly you used to be able to wave it with no RT either.... was only *slightly* overpowered :D

Sav
06-20-2013, 10:23 AM
I don't think the charges were nerfed at all... 4 waves sounds about right and maybe 20-30 swings with it turned on. I think all the nerfing done was adjusting the power of it and somehow incorperating what level you are vs your target. So some random lvl 0 couldn't go wave it at some capped fella and melt his face off and then progressively got weaker as charges were used up.

Sav
06-20-2013, 10:27 AM
But these are still one of the few items left in the game that allow anyone to damage anything in the game without actually being able to make contact... Unless I'm missing something all I can think of is immolators and the old non attuning coraesines.

Sile
06-20-2013, 10:39 AM
Yeah the nerf came after some idiot used it on a gm merchant. And the gm merchant had a subsequent power trip afterwards.

BriarFox
06-20-2013, 10:39 AM
But these are still one of the few items left in the game that allow anyone to damage anything in the game without actually being able to make contact... Unless I'm missing something all I can think of is immolators and the old non attuning coraesines.

ShadowDeath as well, though only 50 damage, and it only works "up." You can use the wave attack on any creature higher in level than you, but not something more than 10 levels beneath you.

Sile
06-20-2013, 10:42 AM

Didn't the soul blade or whatever was had a wave able spirt death?

Lord Orbstar
06-20-2013, 10:47 AM
you may be thinking about the Lantern. THere was a God Auction lantern that drained people.. I always wanted that. It too was nerfed.

Archigeek
06-20-2013, 10:53 AM
Wyrom's new vambraces can also do severe damage to just about anything except player characters. More than 10 levels above you and you are more likely to miss though, depending on how much perception skill you have. Pets and monsters are fair game.

Sav
06-20-2013, 12:16 PM
Entertaining items...

Emo
06-20-2013, 12:35 PM
I won the mithril short sword at the auction and traded it away (Javelle). The rules at the time made it suboptimal for my warrior.

Not the dumbest thing I've done in GS, though. I'm the worst player ever.

Ardwen
06-20-2013, 06:50 PM
Soulblades can drain spirit without contact, thalior's eye can kill anyone or anything, the various immolators and shadowdeaths can damage with no attack, the lantern in theory can but it was always weird, and yes Kerl's new toy works, Unless its been changed Icebound and its ilk can damage people as well

m444w
06-20-2013, 08:46 PM
Trap cards can also damage people, but it's got some sort of skill check.