PDA

View Full Version : I just got my ass handed to me, so i'm going to warn you.

Urinal Poops
08-21-2004, 05:29 PM
This is the first time i've ever been warned, but now im pissed... After reading all the warning thrown out on these boards what exactly is the friggin purpose of this feature?

It's only used for the whiny bitches who start the shit and dont finish

Have i mentioned im fucking pissed?

:mad:

Betheny
08-21-2004, 05:30 PM
I've had this happen to me today. If they're using it to get out of conflict then the warning is void, hon.

Weedmage Princess
08-21-2004, 05:32 PM
I've seen so many abuses of WARN on these boards alone (I can only imagine how many more there are) that I can't imagine the GMs give it much merit anymore.

08-21-2004, 05:33 PM
Yes, warn whores are infernal succubi who spawn from a brothel of the ninth circle.

Brattt8525
08-21-2004, 05:46 PM
They need to change it from Warn to "I can't get my own way and I am taking my ball and going home" verb

Oh and it should be mnadatory that you get a pacifer stuck in your mouth for at least 3 days!

[Edited on 8-21-2004 by Brattt8525]

Urinal Poops
08-21-2004, 05:47 PM
To top it off, the moron who warned me sat there for an extra 15 minutes, thus breaking the warn HAHAH!

:fu:

Betheny
08-21-2004, 05:47 PM
He broke t he warn by using it wrong.

Artha
08-21-2004, 06:02 PM
I think Vif is the worst abuser of it I've seen. I said, literally, less than 5 words before getting warned. That didn't go well for her.

MrFeature
08-21-2004, 06:48 PM
I kept pointing at Othorion the other day, so he chatted to me over psinet to stop, and I of course said no, so the next time I pointed at him, he warned me then went back to hiding. What a fucking douche bag.

Chadj
08-21-2004, 06:54 PM
I have used warn on two people. Both were fucking idiots who just didn't know how/when to stop.

First was Vaktof. He killed Kithus about 12 times, so Vaktof got his ass pwned by Filswolf, at which point Vaktof then chased down Chadj and attacked him. So then Filswolf and Chadj pwned his ass again (for IC reasons). blah blah blah, after it was all said and done, he would trip ANY character of mine (or even characters that he suspected were mine) on sight (regardless if he's had any contact with them or not). It was really fucking annoying. This happened numerous times, I would whisper something like "guy, you are being OOC with this stupid grudge. Yes, I am Chadj. And yes, I use Filswolf sometimes. And Reine occassionally. Leave them the hell alone now". What he would then do, is copy and paste what I had whispered, and recited it in TSC. Some fuckers just need to be warned.

The other warn was Enormis. Nuff said.

I use it under only extreme circumstances. The verb IS handy in some cases, but it is abused by the fuckers in the game too.

Chadj
08-21-2004, 06:54 PM
OH AND I WARNED MAIMARA TOO

Betheny
08-21-2004, 07:11 PM
Chadj = rolton.

You channel at a kobold.
A sickly, violet haze encompasses a kobold.
CS: +301 - TD: +3 + CvA: +20 + d100: +14 == +332
Warding failed!
The violet haze chaotically swirls around the kobold, the tremendous force causing the victim to crumple inward upon itself!
The kobold is hit for 191 points of damage!
The kobold crumples to a heap on the ground and dies.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
Roundtime: 3 sec.

DeV
08-21-2004, 07:57 PM
I've never used the warn verb and really don't see the point of it being in existence besides to be abused.

Chadj
08-21-2004, 08:14 PM
Larstone was warned too. Forgot about that.

I killed him 7 times. After the second kill, I offered a truce, and he accepted it. Afterwards, he swung at me. This happened 5 times, and then I was tired of killing him, and warned him.

Foxs will get warned in a minute too. I'm fucking tired of having to worry about her. She does the same thing Larstone does.

Bobmuhthol
08-21-2004, 08:21 PM
Foxs warned me because I killed her and Thorns in self-defense.

Also, Thorns is fucking pathetic.

Chadj
08-21-2004, 08:31 PM
Well, because I KNOW she will break the warn, I am trying to incapacitate her and THEN warn her so I can get away before she attacks me.

So I killed her. To warn her. I took it a bit far, but meh. Then Shadowzblade comes and was all OMG BEARHUG TIME, and I didn't get to warn the bitch :(

[Edited on 8-22-2004 by Chadj]

Betheny
08-21-2004, 08:34 PM
I've been killing Shadowzblade all day, honey.

:)

Chadj
08-21-2004, 08:35 PM
You gesture at Foxs.
You hurl a powerful lightning bolt at Foxs!
AS: +218 vs DS: +91 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +2 = +168
... and hit for 38 points of damage!
Nasty shock to the head. Foxs looks dazed and confused.

* Foxs drops dead at your feet!

The silvery luminescence fades from around Foxs.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

Shadowzblade stands up.
>[Roll result: 115 (open d100: 71)]
Shadowzblade charges towards you and attempts to grasp you in a ferocious bearhug!
Shadowzblade manages to catch you in a firm bearhug!

(hahaz, i was stance offensive with no spells and 5 spirit, and he still needs a 57 or higher to hit me)

An ice troll thrusts with an ice spear at Shadowzblade!
AS: +227 vs DS: +90 with AvD: +21 + d100 roll: +76 = +234
... and hits for 34 points of damage!
Strike connects with shoulder blade!
He is stunned!
Shadowzblade loses his grip on you!

You gesture at Shadowzblade.
CS: +198 - TD: +95 + CvA: +2 + d100: +91 - -5 == +201
Warding failed!
You blast Shadowzblade for 101 points of damage.
... 70 points of damage!
Fire completely surrounds Shadowzblade. Blood boils and heart stops.

With a kick of its massive leg, the ice troll rides Foxs like a sled, sliding east!

warn foxs interaction
>I could not find what you were referring to.

>[Upper Trollfang, Glatoph]
Obvious paths: east, west, up, down

Foxs's body decays into compost.

warn foxs interaction
>I could not find what you were referring to.

SOB

Betheny
08-21-2004, 08:36 PM
roflroflrofl

Chadj
08-21-2004, 08:39 PM
:(