PDA

View Full Version : Runestaves

surfrider
05-27-2005, 10:12 PM
I had been gone for a while and when I came back there were these runestaff things. Now that I'm trying to make a spellcaster, I am curious as to how those things work.

How exactly do they add to DS? Do they act like holding a weapon and shield? What effect do enchantments have on them? Is there an optimal stance to use them?

Thanks a bunch

[Edited on 5-28-2005 by surfrider]

Ebondale
05-27-2005, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by surfrider
I had been gone for a while and when I came back there were these runestaff things. Now that I'm trying to make a spellcaster, I am curious as to how those things work.

How exactly do they add to DS? Do they act like holding a weapon and shield? What effect do enchantments have on them? Is there an optimal stance to use them?

Thanks a bunch

[Edited on 5-28-2005 by surfrider]

I just came back as well. :) Welcome back!

Okay, the thing about the rune staves is that they're supposed to take the place of weapon & shield training for pure casters.

They CAN be enchanted (mine is a 1x, whoop-de-doo).

To get the full benefit of your rune staff per train you'll need to gain eight ranks in magic abilites per season.

A "magic ability" can be defined as:

Spell Research
Magic Item Use
Scroll Use (or whatever they call it now, Arcane something or other)
Harness Power
Spell Aiming
Mana Sharing abilites
Lores

Lets say you're a wizard.

If you get:

2x Spell Aiming
2x Spell Research
2x Harness Power
1x Magic Item use
1x Water Lore

That would be all the training that you need to get the maximum benefit (DS) from your rune staff per level.

Askip
05-28-2005, 07:54 AM
http://www.nilandia.com/combat/runestaves.htm

:D

surfrider
05-28-2005, 10:03 AM
Thank you!

So, stance guarded is good? I seem to recall reading an old Sorcerer guide that said this

Sean of the Thread
05-28-2005, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by surfrider
Thank you!

So, stance guarded is good? I seem to recall reading an old Sorcerer guide that said this

Stance depends on many factors. Your level and what you are hunting being a big part. For instance my sorc picks a room and stays in stance offensive where he hunts. He keeps 106 up in the room to help but staying in offensive gives him a leg up against the manuevers and ambushes.

YancyDC
05-28-2005, 03:55 PM
Being disarmed with a runestaff sucks hard, I'm thinking of using my sorc's fixskills to get a shield.

Sean of the Thread
05-28-2005, 04:01 PM
I'm thinking of going to brawling myself.