PDA

View Full Version : Greater Vruul

msconstrew
06-10-2013, 01:16 PM
Anyone hunt these? What's the gen rate like on them? I seem to recall there being a few creatures in the Broken Lands that came around once in a blue moon, but I can't remember if it was greater vruul or not.

Sylvan Dreams
06-10-2013, 01:26 PM
It's been ages since I've hunted there, but it's the lesser vruul that were (are?) common and the greaters that would only occasionally come around. Sheruvians summon them.

Buckwheet
06-10-2013, 01:27 PM
Isn't there some room up there that you can pick that usually just has tons of them spawned behind the door?

Sorcasaurus
06-10-2013, 01:30 PM
Never had a problem with spawn rate on Greater Vruul, it was just a bit of a walk.

Believe you can set a ring though.

msconstrew
06-10-2013, 01:30 PM
Isn't there some room up there that you can pick that usually just has tons of them spawned behind the door?

Yes, there is. I think you can either pick it or 407 it.

Never had a problem with spawn rate on Greater Vruul, it was just a bit of a walk.

Believe you can set a ring though.

Thanks! Much appreciated. It's been ages since I hunted in the Broken Lands.

Rolton-Sammich
06-10-2013, 01:48 PM
Yes, there is. I think you can either pick it or 407 it.
Yeah, what could possibly go wrong?

Natso
06-10-2013, 01:52 PM
They spawn in the summoning chamber inside the Sheruvian Monastery, which is always open. Usually there's A LOT in there, like 15 or so.

Methais
06-10-2013, 02:52 PM
[Monastery, Carpeted Hall - 6652]
One large globe hangs from the ceiling emitting a soft red light that covers everything in the hallway. The runes along the walls seem to converge on the set of black vaalin double doors which stand at the west end of the passage.
Obvious exits: east
>g door
[Sheruvian Monastery, Chapel - 6653]
A circular dais, with three small steps surrounding it, squats in the center of the room. Standing alone on the dais is an altar formed from a block of black marble, the pale glow from the sphere overhead reflecting off of the veniom inlaid into its surface. Lurking on the outskirts of this circular room, almost hidden in the heavy brocade tapestries adorning the walls, are statues, one for each of the Gods of Lornon. Spaced between the statues are large candles on vaalin stands. You also see a greater vruul, a greater vruul, a greater vruul, a greater vruul, a greater vruul, a greater vruul, a greater vruul, a greater vruul, a greater vruul, a greater vruul, a greater vruul, a greater vruul, a greater vruul, a greater vruul, a greater vruul, a greater vruul, a greater vruul and some enruned black vaalin doors.
Obvious exits: none

Yup. Too bad they're magic resistant. :(

>sym turn
You draw a glowing pattern in the air before you.

A greater vruul lets out a blood curdling scream!
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the greater vruul's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
A greater vruul decays away.
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the greater vruul's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.

EDIT: Meteors also work

Vorpodu
06-13-2013, 08:19 AM
Haha wow. One symbol of turning to clear a room. OP much?

Archigeek
06-13-2013, 08:41 AM
Two rooms, the chapel and the summoning chamber, and they aren't something you can really regularly hunt, but can be a challenging addition to a monastery hunt. They're fairly under powered for their level, but they exceed the level of anything else in the monastery. Fun place.

msconstrew
06-13-2013, 08:55 AM
I took Jules there the other night. There is no way they are level 75. She is 69 and didn't learn after killing maybe eight of them.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
06-13-2013, 09:03 AM
Acid wands, blue wands and I think twisted wands work. My old cone of acid wand was a great follow up to tremors. I don't think call wind worked for some reason.

Methais
06-13-2013, 11:30 AM
I took Jules there the other night. There is no way they are level 75. She is 69 and didn't learn after killing maybe eight of them.

The map lists them at 75, which is what they were in GS3. I'm guessing they didn't get updated on the map for whatever reason when critter levels were adjusted.