PDA

View Full Version : Finally getting out on my own

Disrupture
08-20-2004, 02:32 PM
So I'm moving out of my parents house, for good. I moved out last semester and lived in an apartment too, but came back for the summer because I didn't end up taking summer classes. But now I am moving out for good, because my parents will have moved somewhere else by the summer of next year, and I'm 21 so it's time for me to live on my own anyway.

Here's hoping my random roommate isn't a total psycho.

Parkbandit
08-20-2004, 02:38 PM
Make sure you interview room mates prior to just accepting their cash. A bad room mate + cash < no room mate.

Talking a friend into splitting a place is even better.

DeV
08-20-2004, 02:40 PM
Good luck with the move. Be sure to establish boundaries with your roommate and set guidelines on personal space. My biggest pet peeve when i had a roommate was the invasion of privacy and that shit drove me about crazy!
Other than that... congrats on becoming independent.

Disrupture
08-20-2004, 02:43 PM
Well, it's college affiliated, so if he doesn't pay, only he gets kicked out, not me. a bunch of my friends moved into places together, but since I wasn't on the ball I got stuck with a random. But I was with randoms last semester and it wasn't so bad, so here's hoping it'll be cool this time, too.

Parkbandit
08-20-2004, 02:53 PM
Good luck.. I ended up with a fucking dweeb the first semester in the dorms. He ended up HATING me.. I wonder why...

Maybe because me and my friends partied in our room... and he didn't drink.

Maybe because I used to smoke pot with my friends.. and he didn't smoke.

Maybe because I got laid, thus giving him no where to sleep.. and he was a virgin.

Maybe it was because I got 3.9 that semester.. half drunk.. half baked.. barely studied.. and he was stupid and almost failed out.

Maybe it was because my friends were mean to him.. and he deserved it.

Maybe because I painted the album cover of Pink Floyd 'The Wall' on the ceiling.. and he hated rock music.

Maybe because I won "Killer" and he was my 2nd kill.

Some people are so sensative.. :)

HarmNone
08-20-2004, 02:57 PM
Good luck with the roomy, hon. A bad roomy can really put a damper on what is, otherwise, a wonderful time in your life.

HarmNone raises her first Bailey's of the afternoon to you

Wezas
08-20-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit
Good luck.. I ended up with a fucking dweeb the first semester in the dorms. He ended up HATING me.. I wonder why...

Maybe because he could only take so much Rush Limbaugh blaring over the radio.

Disrupture
08-20-2004, 03:00 PM
Haha, I got away with smoking in my room all semester in the spring. If my room mates noticed, they sure didn't mention anything. I never really got yelled at for constantly having drunk people crashing on my couch or coming in really late from bars. Makes me realize how good I acctually did have it last semester, so I'm hoping for the best this time. Though I'd like to acctually be friends with my room mate this time. Last time we all didn't really talk, we just did our own things and left each other alone.

DeV
08-20-2004, 03:03 PM
I couldn't stand my roommate my first semester on campus either. Ugh.. she snored so fucking loud and would leave half eaten food trays in the room for days at a time. That was my last semester sharing a room.. and i gladly paid out of the ass for a single.

Parkbandit
08-20-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Wezas

Originally posted by Parkbandit

Maybe because he could only take so much Rush Limbaugh blaring over the radio.

Was he even around back then? :?: Come now.. I think Rush is to Republicans as Michael Moore is to Democrats. They both need to be donated to science in small plastic bags.

Disrupture
08-20-2004, 03:15 PM
Wow Harmnone, you start early. I'm a 21 year old guy and I'm not even planning on drinking until later tonight before I head out to the bar.

Parkbandit
08-20-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Disrupture
Wow Harmnone, you start early. I'm a 21 year old guy and I'm not even planning on drinking until later tonight before I head out to the bar.

"Start" would mean she actually stopped. Harmnone is obviously always drunk.

:smilegrin:

HarmNone
08-20-2004, 03:27 PM
Hic! I nevah take the first sip until aftah noon. Tis not propah, doncha know!:cheers:

HarmNone, on proper drinking behaviors

Disrupture
08-20-2004, 03:41 PM
But is that because you don't want to, or because you don't get out of bed before noon because of the alcohol consumption the night before?

Soulpieced
08-20-2004, 03:46 PM
I have had insanely good luck with random roommates. Freshman roommate I will keep in contact with. Junior roommate was random but I met him beforehand. We got along even better than first one. Senior year had a 4 person apartment, and 2 were random. Both were very cool. So I guess I was very lucky in getting 4 completely random in total and got along with every one very well.

HarmNone
08-20-2004, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Disrupture
But is that because you don't want to, or because you don't get out of bed before noon because of the alcohol consumption the night before?

Hee! If YOU were up early, you'd see I was HERE! Where were you? :rofl:

HarmNone ain't no drunk!

Brattt8525
08-20-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by HarmNone
Hic! I nevah take the first sip until aftah noon. Tis not propah, doncha know!:cheers:

HarmNone, on proper drinking behaviors

Hehe just tell em...its 5 oclock somehwere....

Tara off humming the tune and raising a glass to Harmnone