PDA

View Full Version : +12 ranged bonus helm

Griffinex
05-31-2013, 04:58 PM
Auctioning off the following, feel free to send a PM if there are any questions.

a spiked imflass greathelm

Your careful inspection of a spiked imflass greathelm allows you to conclude that it is miscellaneous armor that covers the head and neck. You also notice that it is spiked.

The greathelm resonates with your voice, indicating that it enhances its owner in the following ways:
It provides a bonus of 12 to Ranged Weapons Bonus.
This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 47 times.
The greathelm looks to have more than your average giantman could count charges remaining.

You sense that the imflass greathelm will persist after its last enhancive charge has been expended

MB: 20mil (Will accept $ at $14/mil if preferred)
CB: 26mil Briarfox twice!

BriarFox
05-31-2013, 05:06 PM
I'll do 20.

neimanz1
05-31-2013, 05:06 PM
damn you!!!

JSE
05-31-2013, 05:51 PM

BriarFox
05-31-2013, 06:10 PM
26m.

Vorpodu
05-31-2013, 06:17 PM
I need to find a ranged bonus helm....

BriarFox
05-31-2013, 06:21 PM
Ideally one without spikes! Fortunately, Juramis has been coming around on a regular basis to remove this stuff.

m444w
05-31-2013, 08:01 PM
Ideally one without spikes! Fortunately, Juramis has been coming around on a regular basis to remove this stuff.

Rangers can't headbutt anyway, so is there an enhancive surcharge for spikes?

BriarFox
05-31-2013, 08:03 PM
They act like another type of padding and will halve the crit padding on my torso armor.

Sav
05-31-2013, 08:49 PM
Spikes effect padding?

BriarFox
05-31-2013, 09:08 PM
My understanding is that basically all the various properties will affect padding. Heck, if you bless your greaves, I think it halves the padding. Happy to be wrong if someone has better info, but KP agrees with me:

Armor Accessories

Combining armor items with enhancements have various effects. Note that the effects only take place in the active area. i.e. Effects due to enhancement of armor remain unchanged with respect to the head, neck, torso, and arms when worn in conjunction with leg greaves that bare an enhancement.

Padding + Padding (Similar) : Armor accessories with padding types similar to the armor they cover result in the area having padding equal to the highest rank between the two. e.g. Masterfully critical padded leg greaves worn with heavily critical padded hauberk results in masterful critical padding of the legs.

Padding + Padding (Dissimilar) : Armor accessories with padding types different from the armor they cover causes both types of padding to be halved in effectiveness. e.g. Heavily critical padded leg greaves combined with heavily damage padded hauberk results in somewhat critical and somewhat damage padding of the legs.

Padding + Spikes/Flares : Armor accessories with flares combines with critical or damage padded armor results in the padding being halved in that coverage area. e.g. Fire flaring leg greaves combined with heavily damage padded hauberk results in somewhat damage padding of the legs with the appropriate flaring effects.

Padding + Enhancement : For these purposes, enhancement refers to resistance to specific damage types, an active bless, or TD enhancement. Armor accessories with such enhancements cause padding of the base armor to be halved in effectiveness. e.g. Heavily critical padded hauberk worn with blessed leg greaves results in somewhat critical padding of the legs.

m444w
05-31-2013, 09:40 PM
Krakiipedia is a good source for most stuff, but some things are wrong on there. Pretty sure spikes don't affect padding, there is a post by Coase in the official gm post thread about it that farmer cross referenced.

Whirlin
05-31-2013, 09:51 PM
Well, there are also the monthly property removement merchants... There was another helm recently that I think the buyers unanimously decided to get the light padding removed from it upon selling it.

Daiyon
05-31-2013, 10:05 PM
I hate all of you ranged weapons bonus enhancive buyers. SCUMBAGS!!

crb
05-31-2013, 10:33 PM
what isn't clear to me is if there is an order of operations or precedence in the armor equation. You could have something that ticks off quite a few boxes, something with similar padding, but also has a damage resistance or something on it. Does the similar padding overrule the resistance?

Methais
05-31-2013, 10:44 PM
Auctioning off the following, feel free to send a PM if there are any questions.

a spiked imflass greathelm

Your careful inspection of a spiked imflass greathelm allows you to conclude that it is miscellaneous armor that covers the head and neck. You also notice that it is spiked.

The greathelm resonates with your voice, indicating that it enhances its owner in the following ways:
It provides a bonus of 12 to Ranged Weapons Bonus.
This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 47 times.
The greathelm looks to have more than your average giantman could count charges remaining.

You sense that the imflass greathelm will persist after its last enhancive charge has been expended

MB: 20mil (Will accept $ at $14/mil if preferred)

Just curious...where did you find this thing?

Daiyon
05-31-2013, 10:45 PM
FYI, id orb this if I bought it.

Griffinex
05-31-2013, 10:54 PM
26mil going once to Briarfox. I purchased this off someone awhile back, I think right when enhancives were first released into the treasure system.

Daiyon
05-31-2013, 10:56 PM
:fu: nuadjha!

m444w
05-31-2013, 11:30 PM
Krakiipedia is a good source for most stuff, but some things are wrong on there. Pretty sure spikes don't affect padding, there is a post by Coase in the official gm post thread about it that farmer cross referenced.

I was wrong in regards to spikes not counting.

I was thinking of when spikes are on the same piece of armor as the padding.

http://forum.gsplayers.com/archive/index.php/t-47813.html

BriarFox
06-01-2013, 12:06 AM
Ew. Orbing would be a waste.

Daiyon
06-01-2013, 01:21 AM
nah. my helm is +10 dodge. i cant really use it other than an orb. My bow Orb is 10 ranged so its not that much of an upgrade anyway.

SHAFT
06-01-2013, 01:24 AM
Ew. Orbing would be a waste.

I concur. I would not orb. Rock the helm.

Griffinex
06-01-2013, 02:25 PM
Helm going twice, will be sold tomorrow night at 8:00pm EST if there are no other bids.

Griffinex
06-02-2013, 09:30 PM
Helm sold.