PDA

View Full Version : Ancient Elven Naginata 10X

Lithalion
05-22-2013, 09:16 AM
Selling my prized weapon.

10X Naginata (this is the same as a 14X Halberd because of the +20 AvD)
Impact Flares
Max Lightened
Nice Show

>look naginata
Forged from ancient blue steel, the slightly curved blade of the naginata has been finely honed to a nearly impossible razor-sharp edge. Embedded veins of dark green malachite and pure black onyx intertwine, running along the length of the silver-hued sephwir wood shaft. Engraved on one side of the naginata's intricately designed blade is the image of a lion, and on the other side the image of a swan, paradoxical symbols of power and grace. You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.

>analyze naginata
You analyze your ancient elven naginata and sense that the item is free from merchant alteration restrictions.

You can tell that the naginata is as light as it can get.

>weigh naginata
You carefully examine the ancient elven naginata and determine that the weight is about 5 pounds.

I paid around 110M silvers to craft this weapon, but I have no intention of getting that in return.

SOLD TO SOLFAR FOR 55M (or $660)

THANK YOU EVERYONE!

senorgordoburro
05-22-2013, 09:25 AM
Am I this out of touch with the market? I could have sworn basic 10x weapons were 25-30mill, and flares add a couple mill more? Good luck with your sale, but I had no idea prices have gone up so much in terms of coin value per item and the value of coins themselves.

Slit-eye
05-22-2013, 09:32 AM
Enchant of weapon increases the price based on the weapon type. a 10x claid and all that jazz. In any case, naginatas at 14x are worth a bit more. Flares are very much more worthwhile on high enchant weapons because of demon killing, and the fact that they cost so much to apply via premium points.... rare flares even more so as most merchants who provide them won't work on weapons over 7x. Handwraps are another good example of an exception to your 25 mil 10x weapon rule of thumb.

While I think 50 mil is a bit on the higher side for this polearm (as the flares are premium point obtainable), I don't believe it to be outlandish at all.

Lithalion
05-22-2013, 09:34 AM
Hmm. I asked about a month back what value this weapon should have and Buckwheat told me that a 75-80M starting point is what I should ask for. I went much lower. Again, it cost me a lot more than that to create this weapon. Also, I wouldn't call this a basic 10X weapon since the naginata gets the extra +20 AvD. It is also around half the normal weight which speeds up my mstrike recovery time by several seconds.

Also, silvers are selling for $12.50 or more per million. I thought I was being reasonable at $12. I'm certainly not trying to overprice the item. I'm just trying to sell it and move on, so I appreciate the feedback.

MrMortimur
05-22-2013, 09:47 AM
Awesome item and I think you'll attract some interest at that price though since we're still in countdown to Rtcf...who knows.

Fallen
05-22-2013, 09:50 AM
Good item, fair price, just a bad time to try to sell. You should get that thing Ensorcelled while you're at it.

Archigeek
05-22-2013, 09:50 AM
I think for a naginata, top end price is always going to be higher than average. This seems reasonable.

Lithalion
05-22-2013, 09:56 AM
Thank you for all the feedback.

HermieTheDentist
05-22-2013, 10:28 AM
Damn fine pole and good price...wish I had a use for it.

Respectfully,
Matt

Sav
05-22-2013, 11:55 AM
Sounds like hermie has a thing for your pole

senorgordoburro
05-22-2013, 12:02 PM
I am not trying to troll you, just wondering.

Buckwheet
05-22-2013, 12:18 PM
$600 at 12 per.

Lithalion
05-22-2013, 01:18 PM
Thank you, Buckwheet. 50M ($600) is the current bid.

Donquix
05-22-2013, 04:31 PM
I mean...as a naginata it gets bonus value for the sheer size it makes your epeen.

Even if someone has a mechanically superior weapon, you get to say you have a 14x one. Making your epeen 4x's bigger.

Your first reaction might be to tell people jealous of you to "suck it"...but they just can't handle 14x's worth of epeen. It's just too much.

thefarmer
05-22-2013, 04:35 PM
I think for a naginata, top end price is always going to be higher than average. This seems reasonable.

Not to crap up his sale, but nags are often excluded from merchant work, or have higher than average surcharges.

I don't think higher than average is where it should be.

m444w
05-22-2013, 04:40 PM
Enchant of weapon increases the price based on the weapon type. a 10x claid and all that jazz. In any case, naginatas at 14x are worth a bit more. Flares are very much more worthwhile on high enchant weapons because of demon killing, and the fact that they cost so much to apply via premium points.... rare flares even more so as most merchants who provide them won't work on weapons over 7x. Handwraps are another good example of an exception to your 25 mil 10x weapon rule of thumb.

While I think 50 mil is a bit on the higher side for this polearm (as the flares are premium point obtainable), I don't believe it to be outlandish at all.

Flares don't help you kill demons, blesses do.

SHAFT
05-22-2013, 04:44 PM
Flares don't help you kill demons, blesses do.

How often do people even need to kill a demon? I know it's nice to have a 8x+ weapon for it, but I rarely hear about people actually having to kill demons.

Lithalion
05-22-2013, 04:44 PM
Not to crap up his sale, but nags are often excluded from merchant work, or have higher than average surcharges.

It's not that important to me. 50M to Buckwheet going once...

Sile
05-22-2013, 04:55 PM
Outside of the fire and ice ewave halberds. This is probably one of the nicest halberds/nags

m444w
05-22-2013, 06:14 PM
How often do people even need to kill a demon? I know it's nice to have a 8x+ weapon for it, but I rarely hear about people actually having to kill demons.

They're pretty common invasion creatures, if that is your sort of thing.

solfar
05-22-2013, 07:35 PM
it is warrior/pally bondable?

solfar
05-22-2013, 09:05 PM
$660 (55m)

Archigeek
05-23-2013, 01:25 AM

And yet he's got two bidders. Naginatas often sell at a premium regardless of your logic above, and 10x nag's are exceedingly rare.

Androidpk
05-23-2013, 01:28 AM
Impact = vibe?

vprmn123
05-23-2013, 11:37 AM
yes

Lithalion
05-23-2013, 02:47 PM
I've bonded it (rank 5) and it is extremely fun to use. I wouldn't sell it except that I no longer have time to play.

CB 55M to Solfar. Going TWICE...

thefarmer
05-23-2013, 02:51 PM
And yet he's got two bidders. Naginatas often sell at a premium regardless of your logic above, and 10x nag's are exceedingly rare.

It's great he has bidders. He should make whatever the market gives him.

I simply gave my opinion like other people, including yourself. I even prefaced it with I didn't want to crap his sale up, because I don't.

edit: I guess I just give more importance to items being restricted (or costing more) in any way when it comes to improving than other people.

Lithalion
05-23-2013, 03:03 PM

I simply gave my opinion like other people, including yourself. I even prefaced it with I didn't want to crap his sale up, because I don't.

edit: I guess I just give more importance to items being restricted (or costing more) in any way when it comes to improving than other people.

I like capitalism, too!

Donquix
05-23-2013, 05:05 PM

it's fully enchanted and has flares.

What other improvements were you planning on? I also don't think "this is so awesome it can't get anymore awesome" is a valid detractor of value. Your argument makes no sense. "this shouldn't be worth any more money because it's already been improved upon above the norm" is...frankly, retarded. By that logic a 0x weapon is worth more because it's GOT SO MUCH DAMN POTENTIAL.

SHAFT
05-23-2013, 05:09 PM
This naginata could have the flares removed, weighting added, and ensorcelled.

Lithalion
05-23-2013, 05:23 PM
Apparently I don't play this game enough since I have no idea what "ensorcelled" is! All the more reason that my "awesomest" naginata be utilized by someone else.

Fallen
05-23-2013, 05:28 PM
Apparently I don't play this game enough since I have no idea what "ensorcelled" is! All the more reason that my "awesomest" naginata be utilized by someone else.

A new service that sorcerers can provide to your weapon, even with the stats that the naginata possesses with no risk of item damage/loss.

http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/735

Vorpodu
05-23-2013, 05:31 PM
I didnt think weighting could be added to naginatas cause they are considered 'special'. Is that not true?

Lithalion
05-23-2013, 05:34 PM
Naginata's can be weighted.

Thanks for the explanation on Ensorcel.

SHAFT
05-23-2013, 05:37 PM
If flares can be added why can't weighting? That's how I always viewed things.

Hell yeah, get this puppy weighted and get it ensorcelled, you now have the best pole arm in the game. Arguably of course.

thefarmer
05-23-2013, 06:29 PM
it's fully enchanted and has flares.

What other improvements were you planning on? I also don't think "this is so awesome it can't get anymore awesome" is a valid detractor of value. Your argument makes no sense. "this shouldn't be worth any more money because it's already been improved upon above the norm" is...frankly, retarded. By that logic a 0x weapon is worth more because it's GOT SO MUCH DAMN POTENTIAL.

Since you're spouting arguments I didn't even make, I'll just say you must be an immigrant lacking the proper command of American English and blame Google translator for the gibberish you posted.

PS: I bet you could pay Whirlin's bow for English lessons.

Buckwheet
05-23-2013, 07:01 PM
Remove the flare and try for a better flare since there will be "removal" merchants is what I would do if you don't get weighting. Then get bane added for Grims.

SHAFT
05-23-2013, 07:14 PM
It'd be nice if they had a flare service for flares on every hit. Imagine fire flares that flare every hit and grim bane? Killer.

thefarmer
05-23-2013, 07:15 PM
It'd be nice if they had a flare service for flares on every hit. Imagine fire flares that flare every hit and grim bane? Killer.

Put the bane on a gem eater

SHAFT
05-23-2013, 07:18 PM
Put the bane on a gem eater

Oh shit!

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x176/shaft4783/image.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/shaft4783/media/image.jpg.html)

Androidpk
05-23-2013, 07:21 PM

I asked on the officials why immolation weapons weren't being offered and one of the GMs replied saying she/he didn't think it would be a desirable major. Pssh. Bish is on crack!

thefarmer
05-23-2013, 07:22 PM
Oh shit!

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x176/shaft4783/image.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/shaft4783/media/image.jpg.html)

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/157/122/f.gif

SHAFT
05-23-2013, 07:22 PM
Great question. Speaking of immolation, I saw noriyaki in game a couple of weeks ago and tried to get him to come off that battle axe. No go.

thefarmer
05-23-2013, 07:24 PM
I asked on the officials why immolation weapons weren't being offered and one of the GMs replied saying she/he didn't think it would be a desirable major. Pssh. Bish is on crack!

It probably has to do with the people complaining about how nerfed they are now compared to previously.

If you've ever owned one pre-nerf, you'd have a sad to get the current version.

Androidpk
05-23-2013, 07:43 PM
Great question. Speaking of immolation, I saw noriyaki in game a couple of weeks ago and tried to get him to come off that battle axe. No go.

Really? What did he say?

SHAFT
05-23-2013, 07:47 PM
That it wasn't for sale. Then he logged. I wanted to see if he could be bought, but he didn't even engage in a conversation. I offered him a 100m as a starting point. Nada.

Androidpk
05-23-2013, 07:53 PM
It probably has to do with the people complaining about how nerfed they are now compared to previously.

If you've ever owned one pre-nerf, you'd have a sad to get the current version.

Do they flare for less damage than normal flares?

Androidpk
05-23-2013, 07:56 PM
That it wasn't for sale. Then he logged. I wanted to see if he could be bought, but he didn't even engage in a conversation. I offered him a 100m as a starting point. Nada.

Wow. That's nuts that he wouldn't even consider that offer. What a box of rocks.

Lithalion
05-24-2013, 06:27 AM
SOLD!

Jace Solo
05-24-2013, 09:42 AM
Naginata's can be weighted.

Thanks for the explanation on Ensorcel.

I have a 5x HCW one on my bard.