PDA

View Full Version : Alter idea

Caiylania
08-18-2004, 05:02 AM
I think I've got it pretty good, but figured I could post it up for some tweaking if anyone has some good ideas. This is for a head worn amulet holder.

An interwoven leather circlet

show:

Five sturdy lengths of leather, two of ebon black, one a warm brown, another a light grey, the last a deep shade of umber, have been woven together with subtle skill into complex and intertwining patterns. An intricate knot ties the circlet together, allowing the long leather bands to fall loosely down the wearer's back.

HouseofElves
08-18-2004, 05:48 AM
Wow, I like that ideal a lot. Very creative.

Caiylania
08-18-2004, 07:10 AM
Thankyou! :smilegrin:

killjoymp
08-18-2004, 08:54 AM
Sounds good to me too

Stinkfist
08-18-2004, 10:18 AM
:monkey:

just curious do you have to be holding it to show it?

Also, there is no mention of where the amulet holder is place in the show. If thats intentional thats cool, but a nice touch would be a small light brown (or maybe that ebon) leather ring for placing the amulet

Stinkfist
08-18-2004, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Stinkfist
:monkey:

just curious do you have to be holding it to show it?

Also, there is no mention of where the (amulet holder) is place in the show. If thats intentional thats cool, but a nice touch would be a small light brown (or maybe that ebon) leather ring for placing the amulet

:loser:
I R LOSER
meant amulet itself

Caiylania
08-18-2004, 12:05 PM
I thought of that after I posted it, here is the revised edition:

an interwoven leather circlet

show: Five sturdy lengths of leather, two of ebon black, one a warm brown, another a light grey, the last a deep shade of umber, have been woven together with subtle skill into complex and intertwining patterns. An intricate knot ties the circlet together, allowing the long leather pieces to fall loosely down the wearer's back. The only other ornamentation on the circlet is a small slender crystal that is tied securely to one of the ebon strands, halfway down it's length.

Brattt8525
08-18-2004, 12:13 PM
Caiy....will you make all the descriptions for my stuff....huh huh huh....please.

That was really nicely put together. And hey, when are we going hunting again??

Tara

Caiylania
08-18-2004, 12:42 PM
Now dammit! Get over here. Tree spirits wanna diiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeee. They must be culled!

fallenSaint
08-18-2004, 12:44 PM
Granted it being personal preferance but I believe thats somewhat of what you asked for heres a few ideas I thought of:

Five sturdy lengths of leather, two of ebon black, one a warm brown, another a light grey, the last a deep shade of umber, have been woven together with subtle skill into complex and intertwining patterns. An intricate knot ties the circlet together, allowing the long leather pieces to fall loosely down the wearer's back. As the ebon stands fall in lengthy slack they bind around a crystal ring fixed with small locking studs.

Five sturdy lengths of leather, two of ebon black, one of a warm brown, another light grey, and the last a deep shade of umber, have been woven together with subtle skill into complex and intertwining pattern. As the lengths braid across the forehead of the piece they bind about a crystal ring fixed with small locking studs before leading to the backside where they form a intricate knot which ties the circlet together. Falling freely from the knot the strands sway loosely with the wind.

(reason I mention the locking studs is the amulet holders tend to lock amulets in and the such)

Artha
08-18-2004, 12:53 PM
Falling freely from the knot the strands sway loosely with the wind.

That line probably wouldn't get done.

fallenSaint
08-18-2004, 01:55 PM
Well probably breeze or as the wearer moves so forth so on, its a possible line ive done similar actions interacting with an envrioment.