PDA

View Full Version : Truncheon is full of bullshit

MrFeature
08-18-2004, 01:21 AM
Read the text file, or see the most current version at: http://www.alexsoftware.com/gs4/justice.txt

Hulkein
08-18-2004, 01:39 AM
I wouldn't say Truncheon is to blame.

Looks like he was just following orders to me.

Chadj
08-18-2004, 01:43 AM
Umm.. 90% sure there is no such thing as a 'senior GM' referral..

Shari
08-18-2004, 01:47 AM
For the record, there IS such a thing as a Senior GM referral. I had one a long while back, though I honestly don't remember what the hell for. The Gamehost I was speaking with said my issue was over his head and put in a referall in for me to speak to a Senior GM.

Hope that helps answer some questions.

MrFeature
08-18-2004, 01:48 AM
I highly doubt Brauden was even talking to him.

Scott
08-18-2004, 01:55 AM
Yes, there are SGM referrals. I had one and it took about 2 months to get answered.

Stinkfist
08-18-2004, 02:09 AM
Is it just me or does it seem like the GM's are just milking Gemstone for all the diehard players money before they shut it down? They dont seem to care a bit about what the players think. I cant remember one time that they have actually been that helpful to me....

:grr: :grr:

Chyrain
08-18-2004, 02:36 AM
just because GMs don't show as being in the game doesn't mean they aren't in the system. I fully expect that Brauden told him to tell you that.

Nakiro
08-18-2004, 02:39 AM
So, you attacked someone, then they killed themselves, and you were charged with murder?

And they reufsed to drop the charge on you?

Bullshit for sure, heh. But, I can't say that GM was responsbile for the ruling.

Stinkfist
08-18-2004, 03:05 AM
If Nakiro said it, it has to be true:whistle:

SpunGirl
08-18-2004, 05:35 AM
Um, what exactly did you want Truncheon to do in that situation? You have what I believe is a new GM you're dealing with, you think he's gonna tell an SGM (especially an SGM like Brauden) "Get your ass down here, this d00d wants to talk to you?" Right.

There is a heirarchy in the GH/GM system, just like any other heirarchy in a group of employees. Don't blame him and post nasty things about him because of someone else's decision.

-K

Parkbandit
08-18-2004, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by Chadj
Umm.. 90% sure there is no such thing as a 'senior GM' referral..

You would then be 90% incorrect.

Thanks for playing.

Iriscience
08-18-2004, 09:50 AM
Truncheon was obviously full of shit and making everything up as he went along.

Soulpieced
08-18-2004, 09:54 AM
I had to get an SGM referral a while ago as well. They deal with certain things such as policy exceptions and other things that have to be run through the top management to get ok'd.

Stinkfist
08-18-2004, 09:54 AM
:pizza::pizza::pizza:

Edaarin
08-18-2004, 10:00 AM
Best bet is to forget it ever happened. I'm of the opinion that this probably was the truth that he was telling, but also that Brauden could have spared 3 seconds to give you a SEND or some sort of acknowledgement that he would speak to you.

My bet is that he didn't feel something this petty was worth his time. You could have been arrested for assault with a deadly weapon in any case, which isn't that far a step above murder.

Bobmuhthol
08-18-2004, 10:13 AM
<<You could have been arrested for assault with a deadly weapon in any case>>

<<A dark shadowy tendril rises up from Danjirus's skin, writhes its way up a shimmering enchanted falchion towards you and lashes out malevolently...
Your surroundings blur for a moment . . .>>

You don't know where the original attack was. The charges should be dropped because Danjirus has such a bad retribution and name.

[Edited on 8-21-2004 by Bobmuhthol]

StrayRogue
08-18-2004, 11:00 AM
LOL, thats a nasty CoS bug. You might want to post it on the officials, as you'd probably have more chance of it being seen and rectified there than ever having Brauden do it.

Straight-up
08-18-2004, 06:50 PM
I will chime in.

First off Truncheon was perfectly nice and courteous to you and did nothing at all from a CS point wrong that I could see.

Second, even though you didn't directly kill him, your actions DID kill him. I think you should have been charged and found guilty...as you were.

Third, I was under the impression that Brauden was not allowed to handle CS issues anymore...perhaps I was misinformed.

Fourth, speaking from a managerial point of view I can find any number of reasons that a manager might have time to tell a subordinate a simple "No, and if they have a problem with it have them make an appointment with my secretary to see a senior official at a later time..." In other words, yes you were being whiney, and yes he was probably busy or did not want to deal with you being whiney right then.

Fifth - Get over it, you caused the problem, you got punished, why make a big issue out of it?

Straight

HarmNone
08-18-2004, 07:14 PM
Perhaps, what you heard was correct, Straight. If that is, in fact, the case, it would explain why Brauden did not discuss the problem directly with the complaining party.

As I read it, Truncheon just did his job, and did it politely. :shrug:

HarmNone

SpunGirl
08-18-2004, 09:28 PM
People will use any excuse to whine about GMs. There are plenty of issues out there that are really worth whining about or bringing to the forefront... unfortunately, they get lost in the mess of bullshit nine times out of ten.

Bullshit like this complaint.

-K

Hulkein
08-19-2004, 12:07 AM
I think his actual complaint of getting arrested because he attacked someone and than they killed them self is perfectly justified.

However it doesn't seem Truncheon is the right person to blame.

Skirmisher
08-19-2004, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by HarmNone
Perhaps, what you heard was correct, Straight. If that is, in fact, the case, it would explain why Brauden did not discuss the problem directly with the complaining party.

As I read it, Truncheon just did his job, and did it politely. :shrug:

HarmNone

Um, yep.

Truncheon did his job in a profesional manner. End of story.

Do i agree you should get any charge and/or fine removed? Sure, but I think lots of things should be. In this case you were not given a flat out no but a referral to speak to an SGM.

A slightly more positive and friendly manner on your part may get you farther when you do get your referral, but thats all up to you.

I honestly have no doubt that I would get things to go my way in such a referral, I hope you do too.

Scott
08-19-2004, 02:23 AM
Why should Brauden have to speak with you? Because he made the decision to leave the charge as it stood? When Comcast made the decision to make pretty much every movie channel on digital cable only, if I had complained and called the CS number, do you think I'm going to speak with the head of the company? No, I'm going to be talking to college student who will say "I will forward your comments to (INSERT WHOEVER MADE THE DESCISION HERE)."

Truncheon did what his "boss" asked him to do. You don't argue with your boss in any job. What is said is what goes, and he did his job. You're whining like a little girl because he did what he was asked? :baby:

If you hadn't attacked him, he wouldn't be dead. You were the direct cause of his death. That's like punching some guy in his face and him falling onto a knife and dying and saying "I wasn't my fault!" Yeah, that might go over well with the cops. You were the direct cause of his death, and I think Brauden made the right choice. The only bullshit I see here is you arguement.

08-19-2004, 02:25 AM
No offense, but Truncheon was all like, "CLEAN YOUR SHORTS! CLEAN YOUR SHORTS LIKE A BIG BOY!"

Ugh..

Caramia
08-19-2004, 04:14 AM
If you look at the organizational chart that Simu-Melissa posted back in the spring, Brauden's on the development side, not the customer service side. He's apparently perfectly qualified to check a system or spell and see if it's working fine, but that doesn't mean he has to come down and explain to you why or hear your complaint when he says nothing is wrong. An SGM referral is for customer service-side SGMs like Mindra.

Truncheon was just doing as he was told, with the information he had. He was being pretty nice and pleasant about it, too!

My suggestion is to ask other Sorcerers or post on the Sorceror boards to see if anyone's ever run into this backlash with Cloak of Shadows before.

SnatchWrangler
08-23-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Nakiro
So, you attacked someone, then they killed themselves, and you were charged with murder?

And they reufsed to drop the charge on you?

Bullshit for sure, heh. But, I can't say that GM was responsbile for the ruling.

Or perhaps Danjirus did a quick report before he killed you the first time. And in the report he included that the reason he was about to kill you was because you stalked him while his group was closed on the Dais, and stole a box from his disk. Then, while someone was picking boxes for him, you dragged a disarmed scarab out of the dais and stole that as well before the picker could pick it up.

Maybe they felt your borderline mechanics abuse was reason enough to say "Go fuck yourself" and leave you in the stocks along with the murder charge. Just a hunch. But I'm sure they weren't going to do you any favors when you're pushing the envelop in regards to mechanics abuse.