PDA

View Full Version : Anyone give me a clue or anyone else see this?

Celexei
08-23-2004, 01:24 AM
was using a friends wizard for a spell whore and i scripted him back to the landing..as soon as he got there, went to TSC and saw this

You have the most curious feeling of being watched. Gazing about, you look upwards and stand frozen for a moment, like a figure in a painting, as you perceive a face, stretching from horizon to zenith gazing intently at you. You cover your eyes and cower in fear, exposed like an ant on a plate. When you look again, the image is gone as if it had never been and you wonder just what it is you saw.

Now with PSINET being down, i can't really ask what the hell it is or who else saw it if any... was about a quarter after 1 eastern i saw it....any clues?

theotherjohn
08-23-2004, 02:35 AM
Did someone put a cute ending to the script you were using?

Nakiro
08-23-2004, 03:43 AM
Everyone in TSC saw that. No idea what it is though.

HouseofElves
08-23-2004, 02:18 PM
...katana quest?

Drew
08-23-2004, 02:26 PM
Does it have anything to do with the truffles that give you the vision of the dark robed erithian woman when you eat them?

Hips
08-23-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by HouseofElves
...katana quest?

Can anyone confirm that? I want one for Michi (even though she can't use it).

Silent_Willy
12-23-2004, 10:33 PM
That was Ardwen and his painting. He can look into it and see the TSC of any town in the vicinity. That message is from him playing with that painting.

Edited to add: He can also teleport to the TSC he is looking in on by walking into the painting.

[Edited on 12-24-2004 by Silent_Willy]

Drew
12-23-2004, 10:41 PM
Good info Silent Willy, I wonder how many spots that painting can reach. I've seen some 10 and 12 spot rings sell before, I think I remember Ardwen saying he had a 10 spot one but I don't know if he was talking about the ring.

Anebriated
12-23-2004, 10:52 PM
Starsnuffer also has a teleportation staff. I believe it was 6 locations. I used to want one badly for my sorcerer.

Silent_Willy
12-23-2004, 11:08 PM
The painting teleports to the local "Town Center" (whichever town center that would be closest) It has the range and limitations of a standard gold ring, but it is really really funny to see everyone freak out about the face in the sky. Everyone who doesn't know better is 100% sure an invasion is imminent.

The only other teleportation item I know he has is that orb that telports him to EN from anywhere in the world, instantly. Of course, I don't pretend to know him, just drool over most of his shit.

Edited to add: The sentence in quotes.

[Edited on 12-24-2004 by Silent_Willy]

Anebriated
12-23-2004, 11:25 PM
Wasnt the orb ciston's? Sold or is there another one?

Drew
12-23-2004, 11:44 PM
Soon I'll have enough survival that scripting anywhere between the rift and solhaven will be a matter of less than a minute. But I'd sure like to have a device that went EN/River Rest/Teras and back to anywhere on the "mainland".

Silent_Willy
12-24-2004, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by Elrodin
Wasnt the orb ciston's? Sold or is there another one?

I am 99% sure he has the only one. I am not totally sure who he got it from, so I won't spread rumors. He doesn't have anything to get back to WL, though, so he has to walk back like a common schmo when he uses it.

I wouldn't be surprised if an item like this popped up in a Grand Auction for RR. I have no idea where the EN orb came from originally, but I assume that is the source of it.

Nieninque
12-24-2004, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by Drew
Soon I'll have enough survival that scripting anywhere between the rift and solhaven will be a matter of less than a minute. But I'd sure like to have a device that went EN/River Rest/Teras and back to anywhere on the "mainland".

Survival makes you not slip on the ice?
If so, how much?

Artha
12-24-2004, 07:00 AM
Survival makes you not slip on the ice?
Right.

Nieninque
12-24-2004, 07:10 AM
So how much til you can just walk on by?

Artha
12-24-2004, 07:14 AM
I'm not sure. I'm almost positive that instead of being a set amount of ranks, it gets better as you get more survival.

Stunseed
12-24-2004, 09:57 AM
I've got 40 ranks, and have slipped once in the past 3 months non-scripting from IceMule to Landing.

Nieninque
12-24-2004, 09:58 AM
do you go carefully or just run through?

Stunseed
12-24-2004, 01:10 PM
Running like the wind. If I wanted careful, I would just let the ol' script do it.

Ardwen
12-25-2004, 10:06 AM
Painting is crossrealms as well dependant on location, also have the Key to Darkstone, anywhere to darkstone and from Darkstone to anywhere local. Starsnuffer is using the ball at the moment, it wa swas Originally Dart's ages ago.

Ardwen

Anebriated
12-25-2004, 10:41 AM
Im thinking of the group transport item. I know Ciston used one awhile back to go from Illistim to the Landing for the Service Auction for our troops. Just figured if its a cool item either Ardwen or Ciston has or has owned it...

Silent_Willy
12-25-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Ardwen
Painting is crossrealms as well dependant on location, also have the Key to Darkstone, anywhere to darkstone and from Darkstone to anywhere local. Starsnuffer is using the ball at the moment, it wa swas Originally Dart's ages ago.

Ardwen

And here I thought you actually had to walk like a schmo. Damnit, I was wrong. Heh, being rich has it's perks.