PDA

View Full Version : Kindergarden

Brattt8525
08-16-2004, 01:02 AM
So tomorrow, my daughter begins her journey along educations path!

I was amazed at the list they gave me, of stuff to buy her. When I went to school, all we brought was a lunch and a pair of sneakers for gym!

Maybe because I went to a Catholic school, they just provided it all?

Anyway, with my daughter being the pistol she is.....I am going to look her teacher in the eye, and say..

I am so sorry, but I have had her for 5 years, now its her turn to torment you all day....and turn around and run for my truck!

Tara :saint:

08-16-2004, 01:10 AM
I miss naptime. That was the shits. :sigh:

Brattt8525
08-16-2004, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Stanley Burrell
I miss naptime. That was the shits. :sigh:

No kidding, at school I still try to get my my teachers to let me.....but it isn't working!

Damn them

:lol:

08-16-2004, 02:25 AM
I suggested nap time with graham crackers and apple juice to raise morale in a sensing session. That didn't go over too well.

Tsa`ah
08-16-2004, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by Brattt8525
Anyway, with my daughter being the pistol she is.....I am going to look her teacher in the eye, and say..

I am so sorry, but I have had her for 5 years, now its her turn to torment you all day....and turn around and run for my truck!

This your first child to send off to school?

If it is, I think there will be more tears than anything.

Brattt8525
08-16-2004, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Tsa`ah

Originally posted by Brattt8525

This your first child to send off to school?

If it is, I think there will be more tears than anything.

Yes, this is the first to go to school. I am not going to cry darnit, well ok I will but I will wait till she is out of sight!

AnticorRifling
08-16-2004, 08:48 AM
My wife starts her first day of teaching Kindergarten. I spent the last two days getting her room ready. You think you had to buy stuff for back to school?! The money I dropped for misc school supplies, decorations, teaching aids, books for them to read, toys, etc I could have put some new parts on my car...

Jazuela
08-16-2004, 09:29 AM
Graham crackers and chocolate milk was THE BESTEST!

And Colorforms.

And those spongy shapes you fit into puzzles.

Tinkertoys!

Leggos!

FINGERPAINTING OMG

And Miss Mangen teaching us 1-10 in Spanish by singing a song.

Uno dos y tres
quatro cinco seis
seite ocho nueve
I can count to dies

Tra lalala la tra lalala la tralala la la la la la!

AnticorRifling
08-16-2004, 09:32 AM
All to the tune of farmer in the dell I bet.

Wezas
08-16-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
All to the tune of farmer in the dell I bet.

I smell a lawsuit.

DeV
08-16-2004, 12:29 PM
I hope your daughter has an enjoyable first day Tara.

:( I didn't get to enjoy Kindergarten. The only memory I have is standing outside the teachers lounge at the start of the school year waiting to be tested and moved directly to 1st grade.

Brattt8525
08-16-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by DarkelfVold
I hope your daughter has an enjoyable first day Tara.

:( I didn't get to enjoy Kindergarten. The only memory I have is standing outside the teachers lounge at the start of the school year waiting to be tested and moved directly to 1st grade.

Ummm why do suddenly feel........inferior. But hey I will have you know I was voted most INCORRIGIBLE. My mom was so.....proud.... :P

Wezas
08-16-2004, 01:04 PM
I don't remember anything from being that young. I do remember buying kindergarden pencils from the school store to pencil fight. Those fuckers were huge (and lethal once you took out the eraser and squished the metal)

Brattt8525
08-16-2004, 01:20 PM
well, here is my Big Girl on her first day. Yes I cried, she....on the other hand didn't shed a tear, that girl is ready to get on with her life and get to college!

They sat her at the group or desks with all boys...I am so in trouble, she was smiling her prettiest...I think I am in trouble with this one.

Artha
08-16-2004, 01:22 PM
Is that kid in the top right smelling his pencil?

Jorddyn
08-16-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Artha
Is that kid in the top right smelling his pencil?

The one with the horns? Looks like it.

Jorddyn

Czeska
08-16-2004, 01:51 PM
Is that her in the turquoise and stripes?

Brattt8525
08-16-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Czeska
Is that her in the turquoise and stripes?

Yes, sorry I should have clarified that. Thats my Brittany, she was like ummm mommy, you can go now....buh bye ..

sniff

Czeska
08-16-2004, 03:29 PM
She's beautiful... my daughter will start kindergarten next year. She already gives me that look. I call it "how can I miss you if you won't go away?"

Skirmisher
08-16-2004, 08:13 PM
She is beautiful Tara! Be proud of that independent little thing.

And at least you held it together while she could see you ;)

AnticorRifling
08-17-2004, 08:05 AM
FYI the little rug rats better love my wife's room. I spent every waking hour both Sat and Sun there putting it together. She wanted a jungle theme so....

I put in a 6ft tall valcano, vines, palm trees, a big grass hut in the play area, All kinds of stuffed animals to include a 12ft (yeah it's that big) snake, etc.

DeV
08-17-2004, 10:30 AM
Your daughter is really beautiful Tara.. and looks like she was more ready for her first day than you were!
Anticor, what a sweetie you are..I'm sure the rugrats will love your 'creation'.